PDA

View Full Version : Problem Embedding YouTube Videos

whodoyoulike
08-14-2016, 04:12 PM
I haven't been able to embed a YouTube video in a post for a few weeks now. But, I can still copy a link and insert them within the post. Also, the YouTube videos on the Home Page are inaccessible.

Is someone looking into this?

johnhannibalsmith
08-14-2016, 04:14 PM
I've noticed recently that any embedded videos are just nothing on my end. Just black screen in a youtube frame.

Tom
08-14-2016, 05:48 PM
Might be your Flash - I have mine disabled and get no videos on this site.
Flash is a terrible program.

Check it put - might be disabled by your browser for being the swiss cheese of secure programs.

Do you use Chrome?
I believe FF will disable it if it is not up to date.
I can see videos here if I use FF, which I rarely do.

whodoyoulike
08-14-2016, 06:21 PM
It was working a few weeks ago and haven't changed any settings.

How do you check the Flash settings in Chrome?

Do you see the videos on the Home Page?

All I see when looking at the feature races is a black vertical bar and they won't play.

johnhannibalsmith
08-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Might be your Flash - I have mine disabled and get no videos on this site.
Flash is a terrible program.

Check it put - might be disabled by your browser for being the swiss cheese of secure programs.

That might be it. I was messing with Chrome settings the other day and between that and Windows deciding for me that it was time for another round of hours-long updates, I probably lost my flash. Which as you stated so eloquently is no major loss. I can't even remember why it was that I enabled it again. Maybe I didn't. Windows might have. After all it is their computer.

jk3521
08-14-2016, 06:58 PM
That might be it. I was messing with Chrome settings the other day and between that and Windows deciding for me that it was time for another round of hours-long updates, I probably lost my flash. Which as you stated so eloquently is no major loss. I can't even remember why it was that I enabled it again. Maybe I didn't. Windows might have. After all it is their computer.

Windows updates do a lot of shit on it's own . They should ask first. I have had to manually revert to old settings after updates 3 times this year. It keeps renaming some of my file extensions and then I am unable to use some Bris data files in one piece of software. :mad:

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2016, 06:59 PM
This will be fixed in about 30 minutes or so.

Browsers like Chrome are eliminating the utilization of Flash by default...everyone is moving to HTML5.

So I am going to kill the need for flash here in terms of YouTube videos.

Everything should remain the same for the users here in terms of putting videos up...just give me about 30 minutes...

You can see on the home page I've already started to implement this to see if it works, and it does judging by the first two videos I've fixed on there...

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Any videos that have been put up since this "broke" should appear after it's fixed...no need to repost them...I think...we'll see..

johnhannibalsmith
08-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Cool thanks PA. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2016, 07:11 PM
All videos should be working now...

Tom
08-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Got my videos back!
You da man! :ThmbUp:

whodoyoulike
08-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Thanks. I like to view last year's PC on the Home page every so often just to perk up my spirits.