PDA

View Full Version : STATS Equibase Product

whodoyoulike
08-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Has anyone signed up for this or was able to use their free trial offer?

I was offered a free trial subscription by email a month or so ago, if I would've filled out a questionnaire but I declined. It was too vague on the features and requirements as described to me at the time. Now, I see it's being rolled out.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/214183/stats-equibase-announce-handicapping-product?source=rss

upthecreek
08-13-2016, 06:20 PM
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpViewSubscription.cfm?Incltxt=eqpViewStatsRaceLe nsSub.cfm&SAP=TN

NorCalGreg
08-13-2016, 07:10 PM
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpViewSubscription.cfm?Incltxt=eqpViewStatsRaceLe nsSub.cfm&SAP=TN

Interesting...the free race 9th @ Mth had POOL WINNER wire to wire winner---he did just that. Probably Timeform had the same thing--that was not a big revelation.

Pretty pricey as well, but information costs money.

BCOURTNEY
08-13-2016, 07:35 PM
Race 7 at Santa Rosa I felt like with the info I already had with the projection it provided it showed the $66 winner pretty clearly. I'm impressed.

Cratos
08-13-2016, 10:53 PM
Race 7 at Santa Rosa I felt like with the info I already had with the projection it provided it showed the $66 winner pretty clearly. I'm impressed.
I was reluctant to give the Equibase STATS a second look, but with this comment from you I have changed my mind although I will not be a subscriber.

whodoyoulike
08-14-2016, 04:00 PM
So, upcreek and bcourtney, have you used the product and for how long?

AltonKelsey
08-15-2016, 12:48 PM
I was in the beta test, but while the product looked promising, I have too much other info of my own making to wade through.

I just don't have the time to learn / use a new product like that.

If you don't already have a stats data source, it might be useful to you.

RunForTheRoses
08-15-2016, 02:51 PM
I had requested the product last Thursday night for Del Mar. The link did not work and I requested a refund. The next day I was offered a free month.
I checked it out a bit Saturday and a little less Sunday. There is a lot of statistical information-ROIs on jockey, jockey/ trainer, some breeding stuff, was not a great weekend for me to check out something new, there will be a learning curve.
It seems like it is equibase's a set to formulate and tfus. There is a portion with an odds line and not a race shape so much as a prediction as to the whole race like NBC does.
Could be a useful product for the stats. It also includes PPs, the problem with them (and a problem for me with bris) is how efficacious are the speed/pace figures. A poor fig throws you off, although I could use DRF and/or TFUS for the figs and this for stats

RunForTheRoses
08-15-2016, 03:06 PM
I had requested the product last Thursday night for Del Mar. The link did not work and I requested a refund. The next day I was offered a free month.
I checked it out a bit Saturday and a little less Sunday. There is a lot of statistical information-ROIs on jockey, jockey/ trainer, some breeding stuff, was not a great weekend for me to check out something new, there will be a learning curve.
It seems like it is equibase's a set to formulate and tfus. There is a portion with an odds line and not a race shape so much as a prediction as to the whole race like NBC does.
Could be a useful product for the stats. It also includes PPs, the problem with them (and a problem for me with bris) is how efficacious are the speed/pace figures. A poor fig throws you off, although I could use DRF and/or TFUS for the figs and this for stats

Poorly written because I'm typing on my iPhone, may clean it up tonight

BCOURTNEY
08-15-2016, 09:18 PM
So, upcreek and bcourtney, have you used the product and for how long?

I try to incorporate the strengths of various products - my experience so far after a week is that the race projections are useful and have some utility.

The rest of the content is available elsewhere for cheaper. I'm not eager to conduct "research" inside their sandbox and hand over profitable angles, as it's obvious they will be data mining the user conducted research.

The race projections alone were good enough to pull the trigger on the purchase for me.

AltonKelsey
08-15-2016, 11:08 PM
I ran all first time geldings, and that's one they wont be stealing.

ubercapper
08-22-2016, 09:37 AM
I try to incorporate the strengths of various products - my experience so far after a week is that the race projections are useful and have some utility.

The rest of the content is available elsewhere for cheaper. I'm not eager to conduct "research" inside their sandbox and hand over profitable angles, as it's obvious they will be data mining the user conducted research.

The race projections alone were good enough to pull the trigger on the purchase for me.

Equibase and Stats have no interest in data mining user created angles.

BCOURTNEY
08-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Equibase and Stats have no interest in data mining user created angles.

Bookies never lay off some of the action either.