PDA

View Full Version : Be careful betting multi-race NYRA today 8/12

sammy the sage
08-12-2016, 08:53 AM
Weather sets up perfectly for them to take your p/6 money...THEN take last grass races OFF...there-by...allowing them to carry-over 75% of money wagered to Sat...even if the bet is HIT....

Since all will be paid if races off the turf....but only at 25% clip....

Little known rip-off rule on the books...

thought I'd remind a few here....

Also...p/4's...grass off.....if changed after the start of the bet....pays all on that leg...so will be diluted...but at least they don't rob money out of that wager...

woodtoo
08-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Thanks I did not know this.

SG4
08-12-2016, 01:12 PM
I believe the pick 6 potential problems were remedied to a degree with a recent ruling - https://www.nyra.com/belmont/assets/4/7/2016_Rule_Changes_.pdf

Nothing like having to handicap the weather as hard as the races, potential havoc abounds over the next few days.

EMD4ME
08-12-2016, 04:50 PM
I'll never forget capping the rain (and race card) and blowing the ticket.

It was around 2006. I knew it was going to rain bad late in the card. I knew the last race was a doozy on the grass.

I tried to get alive to the last with a single, thinking I could outsmart everyone.

I hit some nice prices along the way but missed the next to last race :bang: :bang: :bang:

They took the last off the turf and I had 1 winning 4/5 ticket worth $3,000 or so (off memory). If I would've splurged more, would've had the next to last race winner and pool scoped the pick 6 as it paid out fully (off memory).

Thanks for reminder :D :D :bang:

Anyway, great advice as it looks like it's going to rain hard at the SPA (off the screen) but I don't get it.....they said they will move up post times (moved up race 8) but they just placed 37 minutes between the 9th and 10th. HUH?????

Looks like they might be taking the last off the turf afterall.

sammy the sage
08-12-2016, 08:01 PM
thanks for the heads-up Sg4...that was VERY recent rule change...missed it..

They still have very nasty dead heat rule....if in the p/4...you got the 30/1 shot...but it dead heats w/1/1 shot or what-ever...EQUAL pay-out...a horrible rule...did they fix that too?

SG4
08-15-2016, 09:13 AM

They still have very nasty dead heat rule....if in the p/4...you got the 30/1 shot...but it dead heats w/1/1 shot or what-ever...EQUAL pay-out...a horrible rule...did they fix that too?

Pick 4, 5 & 6 still have the same payoff if DH - is this general standard across the industry though, do any tracks make separate payoffs for those multi-race wagers? I mean it's not like we have computers or anything that could figure these payouts easily in DH situations :bang:

sammy the sage
08-15-2016, 06:01 PM
they have NO problem paying DIFFERENT & fair pay-outs for p/3's or DD's

KidCruz
08-15-2016, 11:41 PM

This is literally an unbelievably stupid rule that only could exist in a sport that has as many bureaucratic issues as horse racing.

It makes no sense, is SUPREMELY easy to fix and yet they still don't do it. Makes me crazy just thinking about it.