PDA

View Full Version : charles town bridge jumpers

formula_2002
08-11-2016, 08:13 PM
they land safely

Fox
08-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Wow. Bridgejumping a $5000 maiden claimer at Charles Town that has $10000 purse doesn't strike me as a good long term strategy.

lamboguy
08-12-2016, 02:39 AM
Wow. Bridgejumping a $5000 maiden claimer at Charles Town that has $10000 purse doesn't strike me as a good long term strategy.it was a pretty wild bridgejump for sure. but the horse did come out of a race where he got beat by a Joan Reynolds horse that ran maiden $7500 2 races back, still doesn't make that much sense, but in any event still makes much more sense than betting on a stake horse like for an example BEHOLDER that is probably a more consistent horse but usually in fields with some other good horses in it. the $5000 maiden claimer had no good horses in it.

therussmeister
08-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Wow. Bridgejumping a $5000 maiden claimer at Charles Town that has $10000 purse doesn't strike me as a good long term strategy.
Any sort of bridge jumping is a poor long term strategy.

formula_2002
08-12-2016, 10:06 AM
I noticed this horse because I posted it in the SELECTION FORUM as a win and exacta play. if the horse wins I win the exacta, no mater who comes in 2nd. It returned $7.15 on the dollar.

yes some other place horse could have returned less, even less than a dollar, and some more. It's just an interesting play to follow.

There were 6 similar plays yesterday where the exacta return on the dollar was only 0.95 (same as the flat bet on the winner) and that was a bad day :cool:

mountainman
08-12-2016, 12:53 PM
It's not the IDEA of jumping that I consider unwise-it's how practitioners go about it. Bridge jumpers just aren't real good at what they do. At least at Mnr.

mistergee
08-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Gotta be close to perfect to make $

green80
08-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Jumping, you usually have to hit over 95% of your show bets. That is no easy task, try it sometime. You hit 19 in a row and have a run out, there goes all your profits.

barahona44
08-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Jumping, you usually have to hit over 95% of your show bets. That is no easy task, try it sometime. You hit 19 in a row and have a run out, there goes all your profits.
West Virginia tracks have a 2.20 minimum payout on all straight bets, so your win percentage to make a profit doesn't have to be as high.

castaway01
08-12-2016, 10:49 PM
West Virginia tracks have a 2.20 minimum payout on all straight bets, so your win percentage to make a profit doesn't have to be as high.

True but for every one you miss on you have to hit 10 (assuming you bet the exact same amount every time), and that's just to break even.

green80
08-12-2016, 11:10 PM

You are right, WV is one of the last good states for bridgejumpers, you only have to be right 91% of the time to break even, or catch a 2.40 horse every now and then and make a little money. How many bets do you have to make to show a profit? I find that these 90% horses don't come that often.

Robert Fischer
08-13-2016, 05:07 AM
i did this for a while using kelly to make % of bankroll bets(not true 'bridge jumping'), made a modest profit, and then my ADW told me that if I keep doing this, they will close my account.

I had to not only find the good horses, but then run through a series checks on the horse and today's race for potential adversity to eliminate risk.

of the WV I preferred Mountaineer after seeing a questionable DQ at CT on a bridgejumper horse

ribjig
08-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Factors EVERYONE of ya are missin' -- big bettor...:

a. ...may be a trainer, owner, other connection with inside info
:cool: :cool: :cool:

b. ...may differ almost every time with no one betting big more
than once, twice, or three times annually
:1:/yr :1:/yr :1:/yr ???

c. ...who loses may ALWAYS or almost always be someone NOT fitting (a)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Pensacola Pete
08-14-2016, 08:58 PM
West Virginia racing is crooked: as bad as Kentucky (non-Keeneland or Derby Week), Louisiana, and Texas put together. It's almost as bad as Fairmount!

AltonKelsey
08-14-2016, 10:20 PM
West Virginia racing is crooked: as bad as Kentucky (non-Keeneland or Derby Week), Louisiana, and Texas put together. It's almost as bad as Fairmount!

I've watched Mountaineer on and off for a while, and if it's crooked, they do a fantastic job of lining the results up with what the form says. Much better than NYRA.

EMD4ME
08-14-2016, 11:23 PM
I've watched Mountaineer on and off for a while, and if it's crooked, they do a fantastic job of lining the results up with what the form says. Much better than NYRA.

If anyone will bet Mountaineer without knowing IN DETAIL every day's track bias, one might pound their head into a wall and scream: I can't win because it's crooked over there.

If one follows the track bias in detail for every starter, there is much more logic to their perceived illogical result.

I don't follow the Mountain full or even part time but when i do, the 1st thing I look at are prior track biases and of course today's track bias. It's more than 60% of the game over there.

EMD4ME
08-14-2016, 11:25 PM
I heard two idiots discussing Cupid's ride (from last week) today while at the track. Both thought Bejarano was attempting to lose going so wide...... :bang: :bang: :bang:

I wanted to pat them on the back and say : Bet more, you are SO SMART!

But I politely explained to them WHY he did that.

AltonKelsey
08-14-2016, 11:58 PM
I'm well aware of how important the bias is, and Mark reminds those with ADD nightly.

EMD4ME
08-15-2016, 12:00 AM
I'm well aware of how important the bias is, and Mark reminds those with ADD nightly.

I replied to the wrong person. My apologies AltonKelsey.

I should've quoted Pensacola Pete.

SandyW
08-15-2016, 12:03 AM
Bad horses and bad racing tend to make the racing look crooked when it is not. I believe if you are betting horses you should always look on the positive side and not believe that every time you lose a race there is something going on. You get bad rides and win, you get great rides and lose, that is part of the game and it will never change, so just except that is what this sport is.