PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from Grits?

garyscpa
08-11-2016, 06:38 PM
She hasn't posted in a while, like since Saratoga started.

Grits
08-13-2016, 05:25 PM
She hasn't posted in a while, like since Saratoga started.

Garyscpa, my dad died this past Monday. Sunday was his and mom's 68th wedding anniversary. While with him, I prayed during the night for him to live past midnight. To not leave this world on their anniversary.

He was a month from 88 years old. He'd developed pneumonia and went into congestive heart failure. He was a man who loved his wife (more than he loved life itself). We were all beneficiaries of dad's great love. Family was everything to him. I've been so blessed to have his care and support all these many years. He loved the ground my son, Bj, walks on. We will miss him. :(

.... I've done all I can do for now. My mom is doing good except for quiet times. I'll take a break next Friday and go to Saratoga for 10 days. Dad loved his degenerate daughter, and was proud of her. When playing golf with his buddies, he'd talk about her handicapping and horseplaying. <3

Tom
08-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, GRITS.

whodoyoulike
08-13-2016, 05:32 PM
My condolences.

I remembered you had written in another thread that you were planning a Sar trip in August and thought nothing of your absence from posting.

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

thaskalos
08-13-2016, 05:39 PM
My deepest condolences for the passing of your dad. May he live forever in your hearts.

VeryOldMan
08-13-2016, 05:42 PM
My sincere condolences Grits. Losing a parent hurts. Sounds like your dad lived a good long life - may his memory be a blessing.

riskman
08-13-2016, 06:03 PM
I was saddened to hear that your Dad passed away. He sounded like a good and generous man. So sorry for your loss.

Greyfox
08-13-2016, 06:38 PM
We feel your sorrow.
You only get 1 Dad and 1 Mom.
You were lucky as he sounds like he was a wonderful father and husband.
Condolences to your Mom as well.

barshoe
08-13-2016, 07:03 PM
My condolences.....

Bullet Plane
08-13-2016, 07:09 PM
Sorry for your loss.

garyscpa
08-13-2016, 07:12 PM
Sorry about your dad, glad that you are alright. Give us some Saratoga reports.

Secondbest
08-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Very sorry for your loss

castaway01
08-13-2016, 07:22 PM
That's terrible Grits, sorry for your loss.

ElKabong
08-13-2016, 07:54 PM
So sorry for your loss, Grits. Be thankful for the wonderful times spent together, and for the great life lived.

EMD4ME
08-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Garyscpa, my dad died this past Monday. Sunday was his and mom's 68th wedding anniversary. While with him, I prayed during the night for him to live past midnight. To not leave this world on their anniversary.

He was a month from 88 years old. He'd developed pneumonia and went into congestive heart failure. He was a man who loved his wife (more than he loved life itself). We were all beneficiaries of dad's great love. Family was everything to him. I've been so blessed to have his care and support all these many years. He loved the ground my son, Bj, walks on. We will miss him. :(

.... I've done all I can do for now. My mom is doing good except for quiet times. I'll take a break next Friday and go to Saratoga for 10 days. Dad loved his degenerate daughter, and was proud of her. When playing golf with his buddies, he'd talk about her handicapping and horseplaying. <3

Grits, I am so sorry and sorrowed by your loss. Your dad sounds wonderful and for him to love his wife more than life itself, shows how glorious his soul was.

We are all blessed to have memories, memories that no one could ever replace.

Know, you are thought of in your moments of sorrow, moments of reflection and moments of difficulty.

God bless his soul, your soul and you are not alone.

With respect and sorrow,

EMD4ME

VigorsTheGrey
08-13-2016, 08:28 PM
My sincere condolences Grits...

HuggingTheRail
08-13-2016, 08:40 PM
My condolences to you and your loved ones

Cratos
08-13-2016, 10:44 PM

Condolences and may you forever be blessed with the fond memories of your father.

098poi
08-13-2016, 10:44 PM
My condolences to you and your family.

horses4courses
08-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Sorry for your loss, Grits

PaceAdvantage
08-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Very saddened to read this Grits...but also happy to read that your relationship with your Dad and his relationship with you and your family was one any of us would be blessed to have during our time here on this earth.

Much love and sympathy,

Mike

JustRalph
08-13-2016, 11:37 PM
Big hug...........

Track Collector
08-14-2016, 01:29 AM
Just know that your PA family is thinking about you and praying for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

trifecta
08-14-2016, 02:29 AM
My condolences, Grits.

Tom

PhantomOnTour
08-14-2016, 07:46 AM
Grits - you are a wonderful woman & gracious woman. It saddens me greatly to hear of your loss.
Please win a few for him at the Spa...he'll be there with you.

My sincerest condolensces

Ruffian1
08-14-2016, 08:01 AM
I am so sorry Grits.

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Hang in there.

tucker6
08-14-2016, 08:12 AM
Grits, very sorry to hear of your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man, and lived a long, happy life. A man could ask for no more.

incoming
08-14-2016, 09:14 AM
PA has been blessed with one of your dad's best treasures. Sincere condolences for you and your family.

johnhannibalsmith
08-14-2016, 10:33 AM
I guess I could just borrow one of the dozen copies of POT's post since it sums it up as well as anything I could come up with - but, condolences from here and enjoy those happy memories.

Racetrack Playa
08-14-2016, 10:35 AM
We Love You Grits

mabred
08-14-2016, 01:01 PM
sorry for your loss !!!!
terrible news my heart goes out to you and your family

mabred "patsy"

Grits
08-14-2016, 02:45 PM
You all so kind, and I thank each of you. Dad did enjoy a long and full life. He and my mom retired in 1991, together, on a beautiful lake. They loved the peacefulness there. And we enjoyed times there, together, through all seasons. It is so rare that a couple lives this long to enjoy such a retirement.

Aside from his love, his generosity, he was so handsome. He aged better than anyone I've ever known, even after years of long hours and hard work. Last Monday afternoon, there was still not a single wrinkle in his 88 year old face, and his blue eyes were still bright. .... I pray to be so blessed.

Love to all, and thank you, again. <3

thespaah
08-14-2016, 03:30 PM

Sorry for your loss. YOur description of your Dad made him sound like a real good guy.
What are your dates in Saratoga?
I am headed up Tuesday. I will be at the track at least two days. Weds or Thurs and Saturday..

CryingForTheHorses
08-14-2016, 07:46 PM
Sorry about the loss of your Dad :( ,Your a nice lady and I really enjoy your posts :jump: :jump: .Remember the good times and Bless your mom :p

FrankieFigs
08-14-2016, 08:00 PM
So sorry for your loss Grits. My condolences to you and your family.

Zaf
08-14-2016, 08:06 PM
So sorry to hear this, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Z

Johnny V
08-14-2016, 08:11 PM
Sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

reckless
08-14-2016, 09:31 PM
Sorry for your loss Grits. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

cato
08-15-2016, 02:34 AM
My condoleneces to you and your family. It sounds like he was a great man and had a wonderful, long life. We can't ask for much more than that.

All the best, Frank

lamboguy
08-15-2016, 05:48 AM
my condolences to you and your family and all your dad's friends. i am sending white light out to everyone.

CincyHorseplayer
08-15-2016, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear this Grits. My condolences. Have loved reading your posts over the years and it sounds in part because you come from a solid family full of life!

wisconsin
08-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Grits, I know exactly what you are going through. My prayers to you and your family.

classhandicapper
08-15-2016, 01:33 PM
So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Si2see
08-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Grits,

Sorry for your loss. It seems like your dad raised a great women.

Have a great time at Saratoga, one of these days I am going to make it up there from Virginia.

Jason

buzzy
08-15-2016, 05:34 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you..
Enjoy Sarry

mannyberrios
08-15-2016, 05:41 PM
So sorry, Grits