PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Reagan's Son Criticizes London Mayor for Imposing Sharia Law

highnote
08-09-2016, 11:17 PM
London is probably more liberal when it comes to the human body than, say, New York, though not as liberal as Paris. However, I have to agree with Michael Reagan that banning women in bikinis in public advertisements sets a dangerous precedent. And I also agree with him when he suggests that the Mayor London should have more important things to worry about than censorship.

http://www.newsmax.com/MichaelReagan/advert/2016/08/09/id/742777/

Tom
08-10-2016, 07:24 AM
England has jumped the shark.
I hope Trump severs ties in his first 100 days.
We cannot trust anyone who doesn't denounce sharia law.

highnote
08-10-2016, 07:46 AM
England has jumped the shark.
I hope Trump severs ties in his first 100 days.
We cannot trust anyone who doesn't denounce sharia law.

If the ads would have featured a woman in a bikini who had a lot of body fat would the mayor have said anything?

Is it thin women in bikinis or uncovered women in general that he objects to?

I think most people know what a naked human looks like. Why is it so shocking?

But my opinion is clouded by the fact that I live in a country that was founded by people who fought and died for free speech and freedom of the press.

OntheRail
08-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Preview of new Minute Maid ad for London Market... :lol:

classhandicapper
08-10-2016, 02:16 PM
I wonder what's going to happen when Hollywood squares off against the fundamentalist Muslims in the US?

highnote
08-10-2016, 03:12 PM
I wonder what's going to happen when Hollywood squares off against the fundamentalist Muslims in the US?

Paul Lynde?

HalvOnHorseracing
08-11-2016, 10:24 AM
What do you call it when evangelicals and conservatives rail against sex and violence on TV, or look to pass content laws? I'm not defending Sharia law, much of which is anathema to our own beliefs, but they hardly have the market cornered on the idea of banning what they believe are overt displays of sexuality. The people vs. Larry Flynt was conservative and religious groups banning what was admittedly a vulgar magazine, but which was protected by the same first amendment that allows them to freely practice their beliefs. Are conservatives better than liberals because they believe they should be able to control what happens in the privacy of the bedrooms of consenting adults? Because it isn't liberals who are the Judge Roy Moore's of the world. It wasn't a liberal evangelical running for president who said God will abandon the people of Dover Pennsylvania because a Republican judge found teaching Intelligent Design to be just another name for creationism. No, that was Conservative Republican Pat Robertson. Was it a liberal who started the Moral Majority? No, that would be Conservative Republican Jerry Falwell, who once said, "Gay folks would just as soon kill you as look at you." As far as I can tell, most of the whining around here actually comes from the conservatives who are about as far away from the idea of live and let live as you can get.

You think a liberal mayor of London would have even thought about banning billboards with women in bikinis? How about a Rick Santorum.

If you oppose the position of the London mayor because it imposes on free speech rights great. But don't assume Sharia law is somehow entirely different from what they teach at Liberty University or ORU when it comes to things like many naked women on a billboard. Because we have plenty of those nut bags right here in the good old U. S. of A.

Try to stick to the issue at hand - the regulation of personal morality.

highnote
08-11-2016, 10:50 AM
There are many parallels between the beliefs of the world's religions.

England has often been called a nanny state. Stanley Kubrick banned his own film "A Clockwork Orange" in England due to public outrage over the film.

Capper Al
08-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Hey Radicals,

Without doing any research, I'm guessing Sharia Law is a body of laws just like we inherited from Europe(mostly England). I'm sure the English law dealt with serving the king and many things that we won't approve of today. Just because your counter-part radicals in the middle-east push the parts that are terrible, doesn't necessarily mean all Sharia Law is terrible. The assumption is there might be good parts to it that are similar to our laws. Many scholars study law. This might be a way that the non-radical Muslims work their way into civilized societies.

Native Texan III
08-11-2016, 11:42 AM
London is probably more liberal when it comes to the human body than, say, New York, though not as liberal as Paris. However, I have to agree with Michael Reagan that banning women in bikinis in public advertisements sets a dangerous precedent. And I also agree with him when he suggests that the Mayor London should have more important things to worry about than censorship.

http://www.newsmax.com/MichaelReagan/advert/2016/08/09/id/742777/

That article is total hogwash.
The ultra biased media types fool those who cannot bother to check out the simple, basic facts, once again.

The actual issues is adverts promoting negative body images will be banned across the Transport for London (TfL) network from next month.
As part of his mayoral election manifesto Sadiq Khan pledged to ban adverts promoting "unhealthy or unrealistic" body images. He is carrying out his manifesto pledge. Londoners elected Khan by a landslide.

The advertising watchdog received 378 complaints in 2015 about a weight-loss advert (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33340301) that asked customers if they were "beach body ready?"

Mr Khan has now asked TfL to set up its own advertising steering group.

Absolutely zilch to do with shariah law.
Absolutely zilch to do with bikinis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36516378

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Hey Radicals,

Without doing any research, I'm guessing Sharia Law is a body of laws just like we inherited from Europe(mostly England). I'm sure the English law dealt with serving the king and many things that we won't approve of today. Just because your counter-part radicals in the middle-east push the parts that are terrible, doesn't necessarily mean all Sharia Law is terrible. The assumption is there might be good parts to it that are similar to our laws. Many scholars study law. This might be a way that the non-radical Muslims work their way into civilized societies.

Right. You wouldn't want to do any research. If you did, you might get something right for a change.

Sharia Law is evil based on western standards. You consider it ok to murder children who dishonor you? You consider rape victims the ones who should be punished instead of rapists? You think it is acceptable for women to keep their faces covered and not be allowed to be educated like men.

Now we understand why there are people around who still consider Hillary. After all, she did accept money from those countries who sponsor such evil.

Tom
08-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Many scholars study law. This might be a way that the non-radical Muslims work their way into civilized societies.

With the goal being to uncivilized them.
Sharia law belongs in the camel pens with the rest the arab BS.
You emigrate somewhere, you live under THEIR laws. If you want sharia law, stay with the camels.

woodtoo
08-11-2016, 01:02 PM
With the goal being to uncivilized them.
Sharia law belongs in the camel pens with the rest the arab BS.
You emigrate somewhere, you live under THEIR laws. If you want sharia law, stay with the camels.
True they cant wait to leave their own $hithole counties only to bring the same $hit wherever they go.

Capper Al
08-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Right. You wouldn't want to do any research. If you did, you might get something right for a change.

Sharia Law is evil based on western standards. You consider it ok to murder children who dishonor you? You consider rape victims the ones who should be punished instead of rapists? You think it is acceptable for women to keep their faces covered and not be allowed to be educated like men.

Now we understand why there are people around who still consider Hillary. After all, she did accept money from those countries who sponsor such evil.

I know of the negatives that you talk. We have similar negatives going back in our traditions. We worked them out. Maybe the modern moderate Muslins can too.

woodtoo
08-11-2016, 04:27 PM
I know of the negatives that you talk. We have similar negatives going back in our traditions. We worked them out. Maybe the modern moderate Muslins can too.
What are these similarities you speak of ?

modern moderate moslims, now that's an oxymoron .

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2016, 09:31 PM
I know of the negatives that you talk. We have similar negatives going back in our traditions. We worked them out. Maybe the modern moderate Muslins can too.How much longer do you think it's going to take them?