PDA

View Full Version : Finger Lakes to Saratoga for 2 year olds

lamboguy
08-09-2016, 07:38 AM
GOLD FOR THE KING won the 2nd race at Saratoga yesterday coming from Finger Lakes over to Saratoga to win his first start. Polangeli and Charlton Baker brought another one from Finger Lakes to win his first time as well. Ferrara has brought a few over as well that have run good.

for years it has always been tough on 2 year olds that train at Belmont. the facilities in Saratoga are good as well but maybe not quite as good as the Finger Lakes surface for 2 year olds. there have been others through the years that have done well doing the same thing. one thing for sure, Belmont trainee's are up against it when they run against 2 year olds that come from somewhere else in Saratoga.

whodoyoulike
08-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Why do you consider Gold for the King a Finger Lakes horse?

I see that he's trained at FL but he's a FTS. Looks like he was working once every week then went to every 2 weeks.

Is that change considered a good sign of fitness?

Is it because the trainer's home track is at FL because the horse trained the last 2 workouts at Sar?

Is FL very far from Sar?

Btw, I haven't bet a FTS in years because of lack of info.

mistergee
08-10-2016, 02:42 AM
Why do you consider Gold for the King a Finger Lakes horse?

I see that he's trained at FL but he's a FTS. Looks like he was working once every week then went to every 2 weeks.

Is that change considered a good sign of fitness?

Is it because the trainer's home track is at FL because the horse trained the last 2 workouts at Sar?

Is FL very far from Sar?

Btw, I haven't bet a FTS in years because of lack of info.
It's about 200 miles