PDA

View Full Version : BEL SUN

SAL
07-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Picks for Belmont Sunday:

R1 #4 Command Center-Showed decent early speed before a couple of tries on the grass. The lead is up for grabs here and this runner may get it.

R2 #2 Royal Mast-Showed grit in debut race in large field. I think he can step with the chalk entry, and his odds will certainly be better.

R3 #11 Shepherdsville-Like both the connections and the breeding for this runner.

R4 Pass. Can see Pletcher’s runner at odds on. Can’t go with or against him.

R5 #5 Captain Smith-Didn’t get the best of trips last time in his return to the grass. Has shown the ability to stalk in the past. Double digit odds and I’m on him.

R6 #4 Dubaian Duel-Had a nice tuneup in last. The added distance should help.

R7 #2 Broadway View-Showed promise in only turf starts. Returns to that surface and gets top jock. 6/1 or better for me here.

R8 #6 Preachinatthebar-Last two were kind of puzzling, because I think he can run some. Somehow I picture Bailey having him in perfect position today behind an honest pace. Medallist is scary, but I can’t imagine that monster effort not having a negative effect on him. 4/1 or better for me here.

R9 #3 Deelites Gold-Barn sucks with the dirt/turf move, but I still like him. Lack of ES in this heat leans me his way. Sire OK for turf runners. 5/1 will get my money.

Light
07-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Sal

Nice picking Sat. Interesting that you pick Captain Smith in the 5th. You and another hot capper on trackchampion are both picking this 12-1 M.L. horse.

CapperLou
07-11-2004, 03:59 PM
SAL:

What a price and what a ride by Luzzi on this foreigner Dubaian Duel who needed that tuneup and loved the distance---very game in deep stretch.

Thank you so much. I made a good play on Captain Smith, who I liked and thought was a big overlay--and just got beat--but now after this one I'm up 1500 for the day.

Keep up the great work---I think I'm good--but you are another darn good picker too.

All the best,

CapperLou

$ 19.00 to Win!!!!! Still cannot believe price!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

cj
07-11-2004, 04:51 PM
See, I don't always agree. Nice picking today, but I thought Medallist was the pick of the meet. Awesome performance!

Valuist
07-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Nice call on Dubian Duel. I'm kicking myself for missing that one. Back in late April at Aqu he bolted the first turn going 9-10 wide then made a giant move between calls. On paper the race looked dull. Toss in Mott and his back class and you cashed a big overlay.