PDA

View Full Version : Andy Serling @ Nyra

Suff
07-11-2004, 11:56 AM
I happen to notice that he was doing some public handicapping at Belmont last week. I missed the show. but I saw his name up on the TV.

He's a member here. I like his work with Harvey Pak at Siro's. Very outspoken , independent handicapper who lands on Runners that most don't.

I'm surprised he was at NYRA... Probably had to tone down his schtick a few notchs...

DeoVolente
07-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah Little Andy gets your attention at those Siro's Seminars. Many of his views are in direct opposition of conventional wisdom. He is by far the most beloved handicapper at Saratoga.

Just wish he would take it easy on Dutrow this year..

the little guy
07-16-2004, 02:24 PM
I used to do " Talking Horses " at NYRA everyday with Mike Watchmaker from May 1996 - March 1997. This was the first time they allowed me back on since.

Yes, I certainly have more of a free rein at Siro's than on TV at NYRA. See you there in just a few days.

andicap
07-16-2004, 03:36 PM
John DaSilva, who I've known for a while, told me about the time Harvey banned him from the TV show because John threw his program at the camera, just as Harvey did.

:)

Then there was Tony Dimucci (sp?)....what a charactor HE was.

Suff
07-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by the little guy
I used to do " Talking Horses " at NYRA everyday with Mike Watchmaker from May 1996 - March 1997. This was the first time they allowed me back on since.

Yes, I certainly have more of a free rein at Siro's than on TV at NYRA. See you there in just a few days.

We're coming up as a big Group for Stakes week... We have a few tables in the festival tent.... I would like to invite you to stop by the tent to meet the Guys from this board...

You and I have met informally a few times... The time I think you may remember was 2002..... You told everyone st Siro's that SPRING MEADOW was a fraud...and the horse was shit..

I disagreed with you... and singled him on a tiny pik6 ticket and he ran up the track at 1-2! Later that Day I ran into you upstairs in the Grandstand and I handed you a $5.00 double with your picks for the 8th and 9th. I told you , you were right about Spring meadow.. I told you I like the way you looked into the races.......We had a quick laugh and I went on my way...

I'm going up opening weekend... Sat or Sun I'll stop by Siro's and say Hello.

Have a great Meet.

fmhealth
07-16-2004, 09:23 PM
ANDI & Little Guy. Perhaps you know Tony Demucci. I used to get a kick out of him 20 years ago when I frequented the NY tracks. Any idea what happened to him?

Anyone else with any insights, you're responses would be more than welcomed. Thanks!!