PDA

View Full Version : great ride

lamboguy
08-05-2016, 08:08 PM
most of the time you hear about bad rides, this ride by Brooke Stillion aboard FOURTH OF JULY in Arlington's 8th race was a good. she hugged the rail and didn't use the horse up and tipped out at the right time to get the job done. +++++++++++

whodoyoulike
08-05-2016, 08:24 PM
You seem to be an all around good guy. You recently mentioned that you had a horse I think at Sar. and I think you said it was a mdn.

How did (s)he do?

I forget the horse's name.

Thanks.

lamboguy
08-05-2016, 08:49 PM
You seem to be an all around good guy. You recently mentioned that you had a horse I think at Sar. and I think you said it was a mdn.

How did (s)he do?

I forget the horse's name.

Thanks.
i actually have 2 now. BENNY AND ALEX should run next saturday there. he has been off since January, he was entered earlier in the meet and had to be scratched, the mourning line was 20-1 because his last 3 races were awful. he has gone through 3 different operations to try to correct his problems plus he got plenty of sunshine in Ocala during the winter. i think he is going to run a huge race and could win. however my trainer is going to have another horse in the same race that he thinks is better. the trainer knows his stuff, but so do i!

the other horse is headed to New York in 2 weeks. she is a 2 year old SOUTHSHIRE. she just worked this morning in Ocala at the training center which is a 5/8ths track. in about 10 days she will work over a mile track down there and if she comes out of it well she will head up to Saratoga. i bought her for $3000 after i bought her brother BENNY AND ALEX for $5000.

BENNY AND ALEX had run against some real good horses including FISH TRAPPE ROAD who won the Dwyer Stakes. FISH TRAPPE ROAD is probably the best New York Bred for his year. if you can put a line through BENNY"S last 3 races you have something. that is a very big if, but like my mother always said, this game is full of hopes and dreams.

the race on the 13th is non winners of 2 life open race for $25,000. hopefully that is the right spot for the horse. if he doesn't run well he probably will wind up in Finger Lakes. i think he deserves the chance at NYRA because he is not a proven bum in my mind. i think he will run better than most would expect from him.