PDA

View Full Version : BEL SAT

SAL
07-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 #4 Mike’s Greenfields-Ran a bang-up race last time at big odds. Pressed a pretty fast pace and held an easy 3rd. Has shown the ability to track in the past. 6/1 or better for me here.

R2 #2 Mecke’s Presence-Battled with a couple of others going longer. Seems to have taken to the Belmont surface. Barn has done very well with recent claims. 9/2 for me here.

R3 #2 Cape of Good Hope-Sire decent with FTS. Last couple of drills are eyecatching. Barn does OK with FTS also.

R4 #5 Hyder- This runner has done almost no wrong since coming east. 3/1 or better for me here.

R5 #6 Cabo De Noche-Finally gets a firm turf to run on again. Theatrical Cat will surely be overbet here. 3/1 for me here.

R6 #5 Sea Tales-Still room for improvement from this lightly raced runner. Nice drill since maiden win. Has honest pace to run at in here.

R7 - #5 Discover the Glory-I think the pace will be honest here, so I’m leaning toward this closer. Has run well fresh in the past. Zito’s been doing well this meet. 5/1 or better here.

R8 - #2 Christine’s Outlaw-Has really taken to the turf. Loses Bailey, but that will help the price.

R9 - #10 Numba Rumba-Last is a tossout as he showed a dislike for off going race before. Should improve with 2nd off layoff.

cj
07-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Well SAL, let's see...

18-1 runs second in the first race. A $7 winner in the 4th. A $30 winner in the 7th. A $29 winner in the 8th.

What do I call this? A typical day for SAL!

Nice going again. I always give your picks a good hard look. I don't always agree, but I'm not stupid. If you are picking them, I look real hard.

CapperLou
07-11-2004, 01:27 PM
I played your 18-1 shot--and lost and I liked Zito's entry and jumped on that one and got $ 30.00 to win--like stealing money the way he has been going.

Good work--you know I'm always clocking your selections and matching some of them to my own spots.

The only other one I played today was the 9th Bel which paid 9.30 to win. A good day yesterday--keep it up--.

CJ--I like what you are doing also--but need to learn how to use your pace figures--will be in touch with you--you impress me too!!

All the best,

CapperLou

SAL
07-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the nice words guys. Had a great day at Belmont yesterday, caught the final P3 for 3k+. Coulda had the P4, but didn't go deep enough in the first leg. Can't complain how the day turned out though. :)