PDA

View Full Version : Connect

burnsy
07-29-2016, 07:12 PM
:ThmbUp: Looked the part today. Put together like the real thing. For those that go by looks it was men among the boys once they were on the track. Wrapped Gift Box in pretty pink ribbon...it was that good. This horse could be any kind.

burnsy
07-31-2016, 07:04 AM
After yesterdays results. Keep an eye on this horse. He looked like the best one out there in the past two days.

burnsy
09-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Yeah, he's good. ,

CincyHorseplayer
09-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Yeah, he's good. , :ThmbUp: :)

rsetup
09-24-2016, 07:51 PM
Perfect, perfect trip.

burnsy
09-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Perfect, perfect trip.

Yeah, he got a good trip but he also beat multiple Grade 1 winners. Derby winner, Preakness winner...... He made a nice middle move in the Travers too. He won the Curlin on talent while still learning. This horse is a classic late bloomer. Get one good look at him close up and he's a freaking beast. He was one of the best looking horses I saw all meet at Saratoga. Still learning and seems to be coming around. Granted, if Gun Runner gets the better trip, he probably wins the race. But as I've posted on here before people get all worked up about the Triple Crown when many 3 yo's have not even hit all cylinders yet. The cream rises to the top in autumn these days in most years now. Nyquist and Exaggerator had nadda.

Redboard
09-26-2016, 09:47 AM
Had a rail-skimming ground-saving trip. I don't know if anyone has the numbers of how many less feet he travelled, but I’d have to think it was a lot. The final time wasn't very fast. He's a toss for me in his next race.

the little guy
09-26-2016, 09:49 AM
With all due respect, where was the post-Travers post in this thread?

burnsy
09-26-2016, 09:54 AM
With all due respect, where was the post-Travers post in this thread?

I'll give you that one, Baffert's horses are dynamite right now. But I liked this horse the minute I saw him on the track. I used Connect and Gun Runner in the Travers....took it on the chin too....but I never gave up on them.......... ;)

classhandicapper
09-26-2016, 12:12 PM
Perfect, perfect trip.

I agree.

You couldn't get a better trip if the race was fixed. He had both a perfect pace setup and saved all the ground.

Of course that doesn't mean he's not a good horse or that he won't get a lot better. He looks like a later developer and he's pretty handy. But Gun Runner was clearly better on that day.

Garyinseattle
09-27-2016, 10:15 AM
I got a kick out of one of the TVG idiots (I think it was Lo Duca) saying it must have been that connect didn't like Saratoga (Travers). Do these idiots ever look at pp's to see where these horse have run ? Connect ran a damn good race in The Curlin the prep race for The Travers at Sar.

How do these idiots keep their job?

As far as Connect. Got a great ground saving ride by Castellano...but still...nice horse....didn't think he was gonna be able to beat Gun Runner in the stretch.

cj
09-27-2016, 10:26 AM
I got a kick out of one of the TVG idiots (I think it was Lo Duca) saying it must have been that connect didn't like Saratoga (Travers). Do these idiots ever look at pp's to see where these horse have run ? Connect ran a damn good race in The Curlin the prep race for The Travers at Sar.

How do these idiots keep their job?

As far as Connect. Got a great ground saving ride by Castellano...but still...nice horse....didn't think he was gonna be able to beat Gun Runner in the stretch.

He didn't like racing Arrogate, plus he is reported to have come out of the race sick.

Garyinseattle
09-27-2016, 10:32 AM
He didn't like racing Arrogate, plus he is reported to have come out of the race sick.

He had personal issues with Arrogate? ;)

thespaah
09-28-2016, 12:44 AM
He had personal issues with Arrogate? ;)
Yeah. I hear Arrogate made fun of Connect's mother. :lol: :lol:

rsetup
09-28-2016, 09:46 AM
I agree.

You couldn't get a better trip if the race was fixed. He had both a perfect pace setup and saved all the ground.

Of course that doesn't mean he's not a good horse or that he won't get a lot better. He looks like a later developer and he's pretty handy. But Gun Runner was clearly better on that day.He has at least one prior race where he ran really well in the setup (from what I remember). But he's supposed to beat Gun Runner by more than a half with the setup he got. Nyquist did all the work for them. He's the one I want out of the race. But he just never gets good trips.

Fager Fan
09-28-2016, 09:59 AM

Connect? He couldn't have come out of the Travers sick and make this race.

cj
09-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Connect? He couldn't have come out of the Travers sick and make this race.

From Bloodhorse:

"He has only run one bad race (the Travers) and he came out of it with a lung infection," Brown said. "(Pompa) felt it was a legitimate excuse and he pushed to run in the Pennsylvania Derby. I'm glad he did."

Fager Fan
09-28-2016, 10:47 AM
From Bloodhorse:

I don't doubt you read it, but I don't believe it was significant in any way since he made this race in good order.

cj
09-28-2016, 11:49 AM
I don't doubt you read it, but I don't believe it was significant in any way since he made this race in good order.

All I said was he came out of the race sick. I think a lung infection qualifies. It was serious enough that it sure seems like it hindered his Travers run.

Fager Fan
09-28-2016, 01:40 PM
All I said was he came out of the race sick. I think a lung infection qualifies. It was serious enough that it sure seems like it hindered his Travers run.

A lung infection does qualify if he really had one. I'm betting he's calling some mucous a lung infection. It's not that big of a deal but I have a hard time really giving any horse an excuse for finishing double digits behind Arrogate that day other than the Arrogate excuse.

classhandicapper
09-28-2016, 07:34 PM
The interesting thing about a lung infection is that if it was bad enough to impact him in the Travers, he almost certainly missed a few days training while being treated and recovering. I generally consider missed training a negative going into the next race unless the horse is working very well after that. That information would have made me more skeptical he could run back to his Curlin, which was against much weaker and where he got another perfect trip.