PDA

View Full Version : Miss Matzoball in Caress Stakes in Saratoga on Sunday

emasie
07-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Hi :) from Miss Matzoball's owner - as she is getting ready for Sunday's Caress Stakes race in Saratoga with Javier on as jockey. Just wanted to share a few tidbits and perspectives:

Time Down After Last Race: She had a number of Stakes races quite close and after the last one (where we stretched her out to mile), we gave her some time to unwind. Went to a farm in Toga where she was able to chill for a few weeks - and then came back to the stable and has been ramping up since then. Recently, she has been quite "fresh" and ready to race.
Last Race Was Strange: We had run her back in just a week before the last race - and two hours before the race, our jockey was switched --- etc. It was a tough race - and we are glad to return her to the shorter turf sprint.
Lady Shipman Not Here: She went for a graded stakes race with a higher purse this weekend. Yeah!
So, we are in that fun time - a few days before the race. The trainer and grooms are working with her for the start at 6:15 on Sunday afternoon.

As owners, we invite our friends/family up - send notes to others to watch. The new 2 hour NYRA show is way more available to people around the country - and makes Saratoga racing live for them.

The strangest thing an owner has to do is to answer "How should I bet on the race?" Our answer is always: there are great horses in here (as a Stakes Race) and she is healthy with a good jockey. And, I stop there ...

If any PaceAdvantage folks are in Saratoga this weekend, let me know - send a note to emasie@masie.com

And, as always, we wish the horses and jockeys come out safe and healthy - ready for the next one.

PS: Our 3 year old filly, Moonshine Cate is slotted for a longer race on the turf on Wednesday. She is looking fine, too!

Smiles

Elliott Masie
MASIE Stable

cj
07-29-2016, 01:04 PM
Should have went in the Shuvee, great chance at a graded stakes placing!