PDA

View Full Version : Just go back to the track/Hacks

JustRalph
07-29-2016, 10:20 AM
I almost put this in the ADW folder but decided since it actually didn't mention any racing sites I would put it here.

This article is short on info in my opine, but reveals the kind of crap going on out there. The stuff going on behind the scenes is why I never really got into playing poker online. Once I researched it.....naw baby naw!

Check out this piece

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/27/12297292/web-injection-hack-affiliate-fraud-black-hat

Marshall Bennett
07-29-2016, 12:14 PM
A brief preview of what's in store for the future perhaps?

JustRalph
07-29-2016, 05:44 PM
A brief preview of what's in store for the future perhaps?

Yep, that's why I said in the title. " just go back to the track"

Handing a teller cash at the track is probably the safest way to gamble nowadays.

Or through a machine that's connected directly to the pools, located at the track

Parkview_Pirate
07-29-2016, 06:21 PM
Internet security is a much bigger problem than the media would have you believe. The race for online commerce far outpaced rolling out effective security measures, and it doesn't help when it costs MUCHO dollars to run safer and more secure sites versus maximizing profits.

I would agree that wagering at the track with cash or SAM voucher should be much safer. Personally, I use a web browser on Linux at home, and never access the ADWs from Windows. I also do not use any mobile apps for phone or tablets.

Don't be surprised if someday there's a mandatory hardware refresh required to access "WWW2", in part to address security, and in part to require everyone pony up the dollars to get new compatible hardware.