PDA

View Full Version : J Rosario

billyball
07-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Is their a hotter jock than Joel Rosario?

SuperPickle
07-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Is their a hotter jock than Joel Rosario?

I belive Kieran has won with 6 of his first 8 starters on the Spa and given he kind of rides first call for him he's kind of piggy backing on it.

The more impressive feet is Santana won three yesterday and none paid under $20.

luisbe
07-25-2016, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=

The more impressive feet is Santana won three yesterday and none paid under $20.[/QUOTE]
And the last one did cost me losing the P4 for a nose.

no breathalyzer
07-26-2016, 03:52 AM
Daily reminder jockey matters.. Santana is very underrated.. horses finish up for him

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Daily reminder jockey matters.. Santana is very underrated.. horses finish up for him

Better than dizzy? :lol: :lol: j/k

no breathalyzer
07-26-2016, 08:15 AM
Better than dizzy? :lol: :lol: j/k

or Lizzy.speaking of which what was up with that ride he gave yesterday from the rail in that turf sprint? There were a couple of gems out there yesterday . but i'm sure you caught them

SuperPickle
07-26-2016, 11:00 AM
or Lizzy.speaking of which what was up with that ride he gave yesterday from the rail in that turf sprint? There were a couple of gems out there yesterday . but i'm sure you caught them

Are you talking about Luzzi's ride on the Bruce Brown horse in the turf stake? Because that's an early nominee for worst ride of the meet. He looked like lone speed and essentially broke last. It was cringe worthy.

The only thing even close as bad has been Rosario's rides for Chad Brown. I know he kinds of gets third call behind Irad and Javier but the 2-3 he's ridden so far aren't going to push him up the depth chart.

cj
07-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Are you talking about Luzzi's ride on the Bruce Brown horse in the turf stake? Because that's an early nominee for worst ride of the meet. He looked like lone speed and essentially broke last. It was cringe worthy.

The only thing even close as bad has been Rosario's rides for Chad Brown. I know he kinds of gets third call behind Irad and Javier but the 2-3 he's ridden so far aren't going to push him up the depth chart.

The poor start was on the horse. I don't mind knocking a rider but I don't see what he could have done there.

no breathalyzer
07-26-2016, 05:22 PM

no, i thought that mdn turf sprint where he broke from the rail. broke on top.. grabbed to shift out once horse went along side even tho there was 3 paths available along the rail. then blew turn ended up 7 wide turning for home riding off balance and weak like he needed a candy bar low on energy.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 05:26 PM

That unnecessary sharp angle out on the backstretch was what a rookie does, not a 50 year old.

I see your pain !

I didn't like the ride of the 6 in race 2. Shot out to the lead, intimidated the other speed (the 2)-all great things.

Then the jock took out the steel/choppy hands (Lezcano hands as I call them) and tore the horses head off in a choppy fashion while giving away his advantage.

He gets stressed by the horse he slowed down for and gets caught in a Q2 duel, wins the war but loses the race due to his inability to smoothly handle his mount.

I looked down to see who was riding and was expecting: D Davis or M Luzzi.

It was Manuel Franco. I was truly surprised. Didn't know his hands could be that poor.

I miss Ramon. Gentlest and softest hands in my lifetime.

no breathalyzer
07-26-2016, 05:27 PM
Spring to the sky is horse i always liked a lot. needless to say i wish it had Castellano back aboard

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Spring to the sky is horse a always liked a lot. needless to say i wish it had Castellano back aboard

I don't think CC, Ramon or even Angel would've mattered there.

That horse did not break and had no oomph from the gate.

I'm so sick, I actually rewatch head ons to see if 1 stall opened 1/100 slower than others. That horse did have his outside foe come in but was missing that gate speed....

cj
07-26-2016, 05:33 PM
I don't think CC, Ramon or even Angel would've mattered there.

That horse did not break and had no oomph from the gate.

I'm so sick, I actually rewatch head ons to see if 1 stall opened 1/100 slower than others. That horse did have his outside foe come in but was missing that gate speed....

What did you think of Dendrite the other day?

SuperPickle
07-26-2016, 05:49 PM

Me and my track buddies have a saying... in hell all your speed horses break bad, rush up and fade and your closers always run out of ground.

Jomar Torres' ride was a special kind of awful but even if he breaks I'm not convinced he has the kick to hold off the closers. Basically the start cost him 2nd/3rd versus 6th.

Also keep in mind its the inner turf early in the meet. Basically if any decent horse gets a lone lead he should at least split the field given the bias. I've always thought the inner versus outer has a more profound difference at Toga versus Belmont.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 05:57 PM
First, he gave me deja vu of a race where the roof almost broke from my screams of anguish as I watched others choke to give him the lead last year and he wired at huge odds. (moved up wide under stands while others choked their mounts to WWE death on a speed favoring course).

Second, he was not ready for the start when the bonehead starter hit the button as he was visibly shaking his head.

Third, he needs the lead, so good move by the jock in a comfortable early pace to go around and get it.

I see Dendrite as a TRAP, not a TRIP.

He lost his only chance to lead comfortably and then be able to "finish at his peak" with his start. I'll give him that.

Is he a play back to me? Nope. Unless he's 20/1 or so OR his field is putrid next time AND it's on the INNER TURF at the SPA.

I see his "ground loss" but it's not the worst type of ground loss. The race was paceless from the bell. He moved up under the stands in his win last year and was wide on the clubhouse turn last year when he "won". This recent race was worse BUT he proved he can overcome a similar trip.

The 1st quarter was comfortable. If he would've moved up, last to first in a solid or even average 1st quarter, I'd give him some more credence. Was loose and comfortable thereafter, just couldn't keep up with foes.

Not in love with him. Not a horse to follow for me. If there's any other true pace (that a jock allows to run and doesn't grab to death) with him, Dendrite quits and is off the board.

cj
07-26-2016, 05:59 PM
First, he gave me deja vu of a race where the roof almost broke from my screams of anguish as I watched others choke to give him the lead last year and he wired at huge odds. (moved up wide under stands while others choked their mounts to WWE death on a speed favoring course).

Second, he was not ready for the start when the bonehead starter hit the button as he was visibly shaking his head.

Third, he needs the lead, so good move by the jock in a comfortable early pace to go around and get it.

He lost his only chance to lead comfortably and then be able to "finish at his peak" with his start. I'll give him that.

Is he a play back to me? Nope. Unless he's 20/1 or so OR his field is putrid next time AND it's on the INNER TURF at the SPA.

I see his "ground loss" but it's not the worst type of ground loss. The race was paceless from the bell. He moved up under the stands in his win last year and was wide on the clubhouse turn last year when he "won". This recent race was worse BUT he proved he can overcome a similar trip.

The 1st quarter was comfortable. If he would've moved up, last to first in a solid or even average 1st quarter, I'd give him some more credence. Was loose and comfortable thereafter, just couldn't keep up with foes.

Not in love with him. Not a horse to follow for me. If there's any other true pace (that a jock allows to run and doesn't grab to death) with him, Dendrite quits and is off the board.

Very nice notes. I think the starter had a hold of him when the gates opened and should have been a non-starter. I agree he is a trap, not interested in betting him back.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Very nice notes. I think the starter had a hold of him when the gates opened and should have been a non-starter. I agree he is a trap, not interested in betting him back.

Thank you.

Yesterday, race 3, the 6. Should've been a non starter.

Very minute fraction of a second hold by the assistant starter but cost a confirmed NEED THE LEADER his best chance at a placing.

Am I calling for his head? No. Just saying rewatch the replay. Deserves another shot in a paceless race.

P.S. Watch his assistant starter's left hand. It was the only left hand that was still on the horse's mouth, 1/2-3/4 seconds after all other assistant starter's release their assignments.

v j stauffer
07-27-2016, 03:52 AM
Thank you.

Yesterday, race 3, the 6. Should've been a non starter.

Very minute fraction of a second hold by the assistant starter but cost a confirmed NEED THE LEADER his best chance at a placing.

Am I calling for his head? No. Just saying rewatch the replay. Deserves another shot in a paceless race.

P.S. Watch his assistant starter's left hand. It was the only left hand that was still on the horse's mouth, 1/2-3/4 seconds after all other assistant starter's release their assignments.

Didn't see this particular start so can't comment specifically. But sometime an assistants hand will come off after all the others were turned loose. That alone cannot be an automatic reason for a non starter. When the stewards watch that tape the first thing they look into is who is at fault causing the assistant to be late in releasing the horse. If in their opinion the horse was the cause and the bridle holding a result of it's acting up. There ends any consideration of the horse being declared a non-starter.

olddaddy
07-27-2016, 08:11 AM
Why cant racing here be like European/Asian racing with no assistant starters in stalls, it would stop situations like this.

lamboguy
07-27-2016, 09:45 AM

Not in love with him. Not a horse to follow for me. If there's any other true pace (that a jock allows to run and doesn't grab to death) with him, Dendrite quits and is off the board.you have a tremendous eye and understand the intricacies of this game. if anyone happens to pay attention to your posts they can make money. i can see its no accident that you hit the big tickets either.

EMD4ME
07-27-2016, 02:09 PM
you have a tremendous eye and understand the intricacies of this game. if anyone happens to pay attention to your posts they can make money. i can see its no accident that you hit the big tickets either.

Its a humbling game Lambo. Thanks for motivating me though :)

EMD4ME
07-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Didn't see this particular start so can't comment specifically. But sometime an assistants hand will come off after all the others were turned loose. That alone cannot be an automatic reason for a non starter. When the stewards watch that tape the first thing they look into is who is at fault causing the assistant to be late in releasing the horse. If in their opinion the horse was the cause and the bridle holding a result of it's acting up. There ends any consideration of the horse being declared a non-starter.

Appreciate the response Vic.

Question: Is anyone monitoring gate crew performance? Just curious if someone recaps, at the end of the day/week, who did a great job and who didn't.

v j stauffer
07-28-2016, 02:49 AM
Appreciate the response Vic.

Question: Is anyone monitoring gate crew performance? Just curious if someone recaps, at the end of the day/week, who did a great job and who didn't.

Sure. The starter. He's a racing official. A GM/Head Coach.

rastajenk
07-28-2016, 07:04 AM
More like a position coach, in my opinion. One part of the whole.

v j stauffer
07-28-2016, 02:04 PM
More like a position coach, in my opinion. One part of the whole.

Not if you look at the front page of the program listing officials.

EMD4ME
07-28-2016, 08:26 PM
Sure. The starter. He's a racing official. A GM/Head Coach.

Thank you Vic. Is there anyone judging their overall performance?

Also, is there someone I can write to, to help them see what they possibly missed in judging their performance? (that would actually care-if you think it's a waste of an e-mail or letter, please say so).

Thanks in advance.

v j stauffer
07-29-2016, 05:30 AM
Thank you Vic. Is there anyone judging their overall performance?

Also, is there someone I can write to, to help them see what they possibly missed in judging their performance? (that would actually care-if you think it's a waste of an e-mail or letter, please say so).

Thanks in advance.

The starter would be the first to approach if you feel his crew is underachieving.

If you are not satisfied with that. The starter's boss is the Director of Racing.

EMD4ME
07-29-2016, 07:46 AM
The starter would be the first to approach if you feel his crew is underachieving.

If you are not satisfied with that. The starter's boss is the Director of Racing.

Good to know. Thanks again Vic :ThmbUp: