PDA

View Full Version : A left-wing Pinko commie view of the convention

barn32
07-24-2016, 12:09 PM
Hey, the pinko-commies aren't always wrong about everything.

"Because Trump was reading a script, there were no astonishments—no Mexican “rapists” or blood “coming out of her wherever.” Instead, we learned of an America blanketed in smoke and flame, a vision of fear meted out in countless kickers. And, just as Ailes may have counselled, there was no attempt at building a nuanced case or offering realistic solutions. There was only the assurance that Trump was the panacea. Give him power and everything will change magically and “fast.”

Full Article (http:// http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/01/the-donald-trump-roger-ailes-nexus)

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2016, 12:23 PM
In other words, he spoke like every other candidate for President.

Promise the world but don't offer up a ton of specifics.

Exactly who are you or the person in the article comparing Trump to? What recent candidate for President has gone into great specifics during an acceptance speech? Such a speech would have immediately been deemed boring and dry.

Really...I want to know who the great recent candidates for President were who did not rely on grand general visions but instead, got down into the weeds and went point by point exactly what they were going to do to fix every problem they highlighted with the current administration?

I'll wait as long as I have to for you to come up with an example.

You and the mainstream media just sit there and bullshit about Trump all day long...only this time, Trump has been on the offensive, calling you all out and telling us this is exactly what you do, and what you are going to do when you cover his every word.

It isn't having the same effect it's had in the past, and this is pissing you off.

Romney got killed for his 47% comment and his "binder full of women" comment. Trump has been slammed with megatons worse, and he's still right there with Clinton in the polls. It isn't working this time, thankfully.

barn32
07-24-2016, 12:50 PM
You and the mainstream media just sit there and bullshit about Trump all day long.LOL. :lol:

davew
07-24-2016, 02:02 PM
I was thinking a prediction about how much better it will be without Debbie Wasserwoman-Schultz.

dartman51
07-24-2016, 06:31 PM
I was thinking a prediction about how much better it will be without Debbie Wasserwoman-Schultz.

I would say that it helps Trump with the Bernie voters, now that they see the truth about the DNC. :D

Tom
07-24-2016, 06:56 PM
Hopefully, many will see the DNC for what it really is and decide it not worth supporting. We shall see, but that crown is not playing with a full deck to begin with.

JustRalph
07-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Hopefully, many will see the DNC for what it really is and decide it not worth supporting. We shall see, but that crown is not playing with a full deck to begin with.

Never. Santa Claus is still Old St. Nick

HalvOnHorseracing
07-24-2016, 09:37 PM
Trump has some detail on his positions on his web site https://www.donaldjtrump.com.

He covers the following in his position statements. Some are more detailed than others.

Pay for the Wall
Healthcare Reform
Us-China Trade Reform
Veterans Administration Reform
Tax Reform
Second Amendment Rights
Immigration Reform

I looked at all of them. This was one of the things in the Tax Reform section.

If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax.

I'm honestly interested. Is that consistent with conservative principles? Trump estimates that over 75 million households (over 50%) would escape paying taxes.

rastajenk
07-25-2016, 06:48 AM
No, it's not. But he won the Republican nomination, not the conservative nomination. Call it evolution, pragmatism, whatever....

reckless
07-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Trump has some detail on his positions on his web site https://www.donaldjtrump.com.

He covers the following in his position statements. Some are more detailed than others.

Pay for the Wall
Healthcare Reform
Us-China Trade Reform
Tax Reform
Second Amendment Rights
Immigration Reform

If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax.

I'm honestly interested. Is that consistent with conservative principles? Trump estimates that over 75 million households (over 50%) would escape paying taxes.

Halv, I am just quoting your opinion to make my point, and it's not a dig at you personally...

The conservative wing of the GOP has constantly said things such as your post when questioning Trump's right wing bonafides. Another thing the GOP attacks Trump on is The Donald's promise to correct these 'unfair' trade deals. The GOP loves to say Trump is not a free-trader. Not true at all.

In regards to Trump's tax plan.... when has the GOP ever demanded or fought the Democrats on this issue. The GOP is afraid to even say -- much less write tax law -- that all citizens must pay an income tax, or to be taxed at a lower base minimum.

Yet, they criticise Trump as 'not proposing what a true conservative would do.' :lol:

Same with trade deals -- it is both parties that gave us NAFTA, GATT, and now, the TPP. Both parties' imprimatur are all over these onerous, job killing trade deals. (And, don't kid yourselves, boys and girls, the GOP shadow bankers and politicians also were all in for the Iran deal too. Sure, they wanted the political issue but let's not kid ourselves.

So even before NAFTA.... 20 years before... the US politicians gave away our manufacturing prowess and labor force to foreign entities. Sure, we can now buy socks for $2 a pair but what about all the jobs lost, never to return? Are we really a better economy now than we were before NAFTA? I don't think so.

Trump wants to change all this and he's vilified by the same people that say: 'The US was built on free trade.' B-shat!

HalvOnHorseracing
07-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Halv, I am just quoting your opinion to make my point, and it's not a dig at you personally...

The conservative wing of the GOP has constantly said things such as your post when questioning Trump's right wing bonafides. Another thing the GOP attacks Trump on is The Donald's promise to correct these 'unfair' trade deals. The GOP loves to say Trump is not a free-trader. Not true at all.

In regards to Trump's tax plan.... when has the GOP ever demanded or fought the Democrats on this issue. The GOP is afraid to even say -- much less write tax law -- that all citizens must pay an income tax, or to be taxed at a lower base minimum.

Yet, they criticise Trump as 'not proposing what a true conservative would do.' :lol:

Same with trade deals -- it is both parties that gave us NAFTA, GATT, and now, the TPP. Both parties' imprimatur are all over these onerous, job killing trade deals. (And, don't kid yourselves, boys and girls, the GOP shadow bankers and politicians also were all in for the Iran deal too. Sure, they wanted the political issue but let's not kid ourselves.

So even before NAFTA.... 20 years before... the US politicians gave away our manufacturing prowess and labor force to foreign entities. Sure, we can now buy socks for $2 a pair but what about all the jobs lost, never to return? Are we really a better economy now than we were before NAFTA? I don't think so.

Trump wants to change all this and he's vilified by the same people that say: 'The US was built on free trade.' B-shat!
There is a percentage of Democrats (I don't know how big) that favor letting the poor skate on paying taxes. I don't happen to agree with that policy and I don't think I am alone. First, I think everyone should have some skin in the game, even if it is 5% of total income. But more than that, many social government programs are targeted at those in the lower income groups. Even if you pay at a steeply discounted rate, I would say everyone needs to pay a minimum. On the other side of that coin, I would make the same point about people at the other end of the income spectrum. Deductions should not be so generous that some people skate.

If I was cynical, I'd suggest Trump's plan to let more than 50% of households pay no income taxes is an effort to pander to them to gain votes.

As far as trade goes, I'm not sure all of Trump's horses and all of Trump's men could put things back together again.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-26-2016, 12:23 PM

Pay for the Wall
Healthcare Reform
Us-China Trade Reform
Tax Reform
Second Amendment Rights
Immigration Reform

My thoughts and ideas are not driven by conservative or Republican principles. While most of my positions would be considered right of center, I do not automatically rubber stamp every plan because of who says it.

His positions seem logical to me. Of course if I was President there would become changes, but there is no question they are moves in the right direction away from the nightmare in which we currently live.

AndyC
07-26-2016, 12:55 PM
There is a percentage of Democrats (I don't know how big) that favor letting the poor skate on paying taxes. I don't happen to agree with that policy and I don't think I am alone. First, I think everyone should have some skin in the game, even if it is 5% of total income. But more than that, many social government programs are targeted at those in the lower income groups. Even if you pay at a steeply discounted rate, I would say everyone needs to pay a minimum. On the other side of that coin, I would make the same point about people at the other end of the income spectrum. Deductions should not be so generous that some people skate.

If I was cynical, I'd suggest Trump's plan to let more than 50% of households pay no income taxes is an effort to pander to them to gain votes.

As far as trade goes, I'm not sure all of Trump's horses and all of Trump's men could put things back together again.

I agree everyone should have skin in the game! When the majority of voters have no skin in the game and have power to tax and spend the money coming from the minority it can't be a winning formula.

Trump may want to take more people off the income tax roles but the Democrats want to increase the people getting a negative income tax, the EIC.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-26-2016, 01:25 PM
A communist is red. (As in better dead than red). A pinko is someone who has communist leanings but either does not realize it or is being purposefully deceptive.

Therefore, there are no pinko commies.

Glad I could clear that up.

Tom
07-26-2016, 09:45 PM

Better than the main bananacrat ploy of PAYING them to gain their votes.