PDA

View Full Version : AP POLLS, NOT GOOD NEWS FOR THE DEMS

delayjf
07-09-2004, 02:10 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/7/8/214108.shtml

cj
07-09-2004, 06:01 PM
BUMP...where's the response to this news?

chickenhead
07-09-2004, 06:06 PM
thanks to the EC, the overall numbers don't matter.

Only "Da Battleground" states matter. What did it do to his numbers there?

cj
07-10-2004, 05:49 AM
BUMP...where are the libs on this one?

Tom
07-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Up

hcap
07-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Don't count on it. Depends what poll you are looking at.

NEWSWEEK POLL: CAMPAIGN 2004: PR Newswire (press release) - 3 hours ago.

51-Percent Majority Would Vote for Kerry/Edwards; 45 Percent For Bush/Cheney

Majority of Americans (54%) Dissatisfied With the Way Things are Going in U.S.

NEW YORK, July 10 /PRNewswire/ -- With the announcement this week that Sen. John Kerry has chosen Sen. John Edwards as his vice presidential candidate, the latest Newsweek Poll shows that a Kerry/Edwards ticket would get 51 percent of the vote versus 45 percent for the incumbent Bush/Cheney ticket. That marks a five-point bump for Edwards from the last Newsweek Poll (May 13-14).

However, in a three-way trial heat, with Independent Party candidate Ralph Nader, Kerry/Edwards leads with 47 percent, Bush/Cheney follows with 44 percent and Nader garners 3 percent of the vote.

Even though the majority of registered voters (51%) think John Edwards is qualified to step in as president if he had to (30% say he is not), 69 percent of Americans says Kerry's pick of the North Carolina Senator makes no difference in their vote. Only 21 percent say it makes them more likely to vote for the Kerry/Edwards ticket and eight percent say it makes them less likely to do so.

hcap
07-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Rasmussen's daily tracking polls have had Kerry and Bush in a dead heat for months. Not anymore.

" Senator Kerry now leads President Bush in the Rasmussen Reports Presidential Tracking Poll, 49% to 45%. Today's results reflect a five-point net gain for the Democrats since John Edwards was named as Kerry's running mate. In our last survey before the announcement, President Bush had a one-point edge, 47% to 46%.

Today is the first time since Kerry wrapped up the nomination that either candidate topped the 48% mark in our daily Tracking Poll. Prior to today, both candidates had stayed within three points of the 45% mark on every single night of polling for more than 120 days."

First time in a numbers for months of any distance between the two candidates on this poll.

They also have Kerry leading Bush 247-203 in the elctoral college.

Secretariat
07-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by hcap
First time in a numbers for months of any distance between the two candidates on this poll.

They also have Kerry leading Bush 247-203 in the elctoral college.

I'm not big on polls. But let's do it now. While Kerry is leading in the Electoral College, let's get rid of the electoral College. This may be the only time we can get rid of this ridiculous thing while Kerry is in the lead and it appears to advantage Dems. Let's abolish the thing.

I am all for it and I mean that sincerely. C'mom Bushites. It would now advantage your candidate.

cj
07-11-2004, 04:31 PM
No way, I don't want LA and NY electing my president. NY has already proved dumb enough to vote someone into senate who had never lived a day in the state...maroons.

Suff
07-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
No way, I don't want LA and NY electing my president. NY has already proved dumb enough to vote someone into senate who had never lived a day in the state...maroons.

who cares where or when a person lives ? Its irrelevant. The fact is.. she has been an excellent first term senator...and she has received Kudos from both side of the aisle..

We elected Bill Weld , a republican , our Governer. He was From NY.... he just went to Harvard... ...

Even our current republican Governer is a bit of a carpet bagger. He came here to run a venture fund...he's actually from Michigan... Matter of fact,, His Dad was Governer of Michigan...and I think might of been thier senator too...

But reference to Bill Weld... His great Great great uncle.. Floyd Weld signed the Bill Of Rights...and his wifes maiden name is Roosevelt of the deep democratic family...

You know who ended Welds political career? John Kerry...

Weld left the Governers Job to take on Kerry for the senate seat... Kerry Took it to him... The guy that Took Welds Governers seat was a local italian guy,.. Paul Celucci... Big Gambling Junkie... he's a bush cronie... Bush named him our Ambassador to Canada.. where he still is... Rumors here had him into the Bookies for 7 figures...

but with respect to that article? Where are you coming from..

Its a widely accepted fact that BUSH is iin trouble... no way he figured he be within the margin of error at this point...

and from that same article you keep asking Liberals to respond to

Troubling signs for the incumbent remain, however, from the number of voters who believe the country is on the wrong track (56 percent) to his anemic, but improving, job approval numbers. Bush's overall approval rating hit 50 percent for the first time since January, according to the poll conducted by Ipsos-Public Affairs.

A month ago, the poll showed a hypothetical Kerry-Edwards ticket at 47 percent and Bush-Cheney at 44 percent, essentially a tie.

Since June, Kerry has increased his percentage of strong supporters — from 55 percent to 64 percent — a sign that he has rallied his base. He also strengthened his support in the South from 39 percent to 45 percent and among voters with incomes from $25,000 to $50,000 — 41 percent to 50 percent, the AP-Ipsos poll found.

It was unknown what, if any, credit should go to Edwards. The self-made millionaire and former trial lawyer has talked of "two Americas," one for the privileged and another for everybody else.

Republican voter Hal Pruett, a human resources director in McMinnville, Tenn., said Edwards will help the Democratic ticket in the GOP-leaning South. "Because he's from the South, people will give them a close look," said Pruett, 56.

Of the 804 registered voters surveyed, just 49 percent said they approve of Bush's handling of the economy, but that's up a few percentage points since May.

I like our chances... matter of fact... I'm handicapping Kerry wins 55 to 45...

cj
07-11-2004, 05:01 PM
If you want people who know nothing of your state to represent you in the US Senate, have a blast. I'd prefer someone who has a clue what is good for my state. Not someone who is using my state as a stepping stool. Somehow, I doubt Arkansas and New York have much in common.

With your capping lately, your pick of Kerry makes me feel better! :D:D:D

Suff
07-11-2004, 05:10 PM
If
With your capping lately, your pick of Kerry makes me feel better! :D:D:D

you aint Kidding! Who's SAL like? lol... that man caps

cj
07-11-2004, 05:12 PM
We'll knock em dead at the Spa!

Suff
07-11-2004, 05:18 PM
btw..

I had 40WP on Total Impact in the Hollywood Gold cup. Thats me you smell creeping up behind you in the Summer Fling

cj
07-11-2004, 05:20 PM
I know, I keep glancing back over my shoulder...

Tom
07-11-2004, 06:08 PM

More than once. Bobby K elected as a "local boy!"