PDA

View Full Version : NYRA Website

PhantomOnTour
07-20-2016, 07:19 PM
I guess I'll be that guy...what is up with the new website?
I want to find the entries for Saturday's card and I cannot find that info.

Is this new look just for the Saratoga meet or will this be permanent?
I used to be able to access the Belmont and Aqueduct section of the website (even during the Sar meet) but cannot find that either.

Good Lord, why? :faint:

Racetrack Playa
07-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Oh Wow . They must have switched it today,
A bit inconvenient for sure, we can only hope it works
Click racing and scroll down , no connections on the entry list :bang:

Good Luck POT

titans1127
07-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Looks nice but thats about it. Pretty much can't find anything. Found the entries for Friday but it looks so half ass there are no jockeys listed or morning line odds.

I'm just really waiting on NYRABets to launch at this point.

cj
07-20-2016, 09:54 PM
I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out soon enough. That said, they should have had it up and running the second the last race at Belmont was official to get the bugs worked out and give people time to adjust.

thespaah
07-20-2016, 10:26 PM
I can't find where to click to watch the race replays.
I found the entries. But just for Friday. No longer can you click on a calendar to pick the date yourself. That's nonsense.
The absence of the video replay button is some thing that MUST be fixed.
The previous version of the NYRA website was just fine.
Why this?
If there is one major peeve I have is "change for the sake of change"....This is a fine example of what NOT to do....
My motto... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

thespaah
07-20-2016, 10:33 PM
I found a button that says "replays and videos"...All I get when I click on that is the 5th race from Sunday at Belmont. It shows about 35 seconds of the race replay then the screen freezes.
All of the options to watch replays are gone. There is no way to view race results either.
Entries list numbers and horses. No riders or connections.
No race conditions either.
Not good.

thespaah
07-20-2016, 10:34 PM
I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out soon enough. That said, they should have had it up and running the second the last race at Belmont was official to get the bugs worked out and give people time to adjust.
They are going to have to bring this one to the dry cleaners. If ya get my meaning.
Major stuff wrong with the new version.
Hopefully the bugs will be worked out by Friday.

SG4
07-21-2016, 12:39 AM
Not to mention the new NYRA Bets platform appears to return at best 1/3 the rebate amount NYRA Rewards did. If you weren't a customer before July 14 (where accounts are grandfathered in at previous reward amounts), you are screwed

Tom
07-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Not many people have good websites.
DRF is the worst by far, have not looked at NYRA, but was no fan of the old one, so I hardly ever went there.

BRIS is at the top - everything you need easily found and no changes in decades.

I can only suppose track people have nephews and such who can't get jobs and hire them to be "web designers."

no breathalyzer
07-21-2016, 07:49 AM
''Plus, you can get all NYRA Race Replays in HD!''

Can someone confirm this please? Do i have to wager thru them to get access to the HD replays? Is it really HD?

Alwaysonpoint36
07-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Not to mention the new NYRA Bets platform appears to return at best 1/3 the rebate amount NYRA Rewards did. If you weren't a customer before July 14 (where accounts are grandfathered in at previous reward amounts), you are screwed

Grandfathered for the month or indefinitely?

The new rebate schedule is awful and too similar to tvg.
Bet $1250 get $5? That is insultingly cheap. They ****ed this all up. :ThmbDown:

AlBundy33
07-21-2016, 02:15 PM
I can't find where to click to watch the race replays.
I found the entries. But just for Friday. No longer can you click on a calendar to pick the date yourself. That's nonsense.
The absence of the video replay button is some thing that MUST be fixed.
The previous version of the NYRA website was just fine.
Why this?
If there is one major peeve I have is "change for the sake of change"....This is a fine example of what NOT to do....
My motto... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

The previous website was one of the best and user friendly that I've seen. This one is terrible.

PhantomOnTour
07-21-2016, 02:16 PM
To get back on topic a little bit...

They've done some work on it because I can now find the Sat entries.
No clue about replays or how to access the Aqu and Bel sections

AlBundy33
07-21-2016, 02:55 PM
To get back on topic a little bit...

They've done some work on it because I can now find the Sat entries.
No clue about replays or how to access the Aqu and Bel sections

There should be an arrow right next to the Saratoga logo in the upper left hand corner of the page, where it'll show a drop down menu that can take you to Belmont's and Aqueduct's pages.

Tom
07-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Just looked at it - very poor quality.
Why is TRAKUS listed under Entries?

Too much thin, faint red drowning in white.

mannyberrios
07-21-2016, 04:09 PM
I just signed in, and it's working now

thespaah
07-21-2016, 09:23 PM
So I click on the arrow below where it says Saratoga which produces a drop down menu. I click on Belmont and it is the previous site design.

thespaah
07-21-2016, 09:38 PM
I just signed in, and it's working now
whats working? I still cannot find entries for Saturday's card.

SG4
07-21-2016, 11:49 PM
Grandfathered for the month or indefinitely?

The new rebate schedule is awful and too similar to tvg.
Bet $1250 get $5? That is insultingly cheap. They ****ed this all up. :ThmbDown:

I would like to think grandfathered indefinitely, I hope

PhantomOnTour
07-21-2016, 11:50 PM
whats working? I still cannot find entries for Saturday's card.
Hover over the CALENDAR tab, a meet calendar will appear, then click on the date you want and scroll to the bottom of the page. Entries should be on the bottom left.

jk3521
07-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Almost 11:45 and no video on the NYRA website. I guess I have to watch the pre - race on Twinspires.

no breathalyzer
07-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Site is a major Disaster .. pretty sad this is how you roll out your new site for Saratoga... where are all the NYRA Chills here now??????

ebcorde
07-22-2016, 11:52 AM

I used to be able to access the Belmont and Aqueduct section of the website (even during the Sar meet) but cannot find that either.

https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/racing/calendar/expert-picks

ebcorde
07-22-2016, 11:54 AM

https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/racing/live

hold it , it just locked up :D
asking to enable adobe flash. typical

no breathalyzer
07-22-2016, 11:58 AM
that link doesn't work .. heck it can't even finish the race it has on displayed

bucksboy
07-22-2016, 12:02 PM
looking to see talking horses.......anyone ??

bucksboy
07-22-2016, 12:29 PM
was anyone able to watch talking horses

Dr Gonzo
07-22-2016, 12:44 PM
Working now.

jk3521
07-22-2016, 01:11 PM
Took a while to get it to stream to my Roku. All is well now.

no breathalyzer
07-22-2016, 01:24 PM
still not working correctly video taking forever to load and choppy and freezes .. i have superman internet so i know its not my end

cj
07-22-2016, 01:26 PM
This is brutal. NYRA had a great website. No idea why you mess with it before the biggest meeting of the year nationwide.

JustRalph
07-22-2016, 02:52 PM
This is brutal. NYRA had a great website. No idea why you mess with it before the biggest meeting of the year nationwide.

Agreed. The old site was damn good. 🙈🔫

jk3521
07-22-2016, 02:56 PM
I gave up on the video for today. Hopefully they are working on it .

no breathalyzer
07-22-2016, 03:24 PM
I gave up on the video for today. Hopefully they are working on it .

Me too i feel much better for doing it.. no need to get aggravated anymore

PhantomOnTour
07-22-2016, 04:24 PM
The same crap DRF pulled a few years ago - changed their website on the eve of the Spa

Tara73
07-22-2016, 09:48 PM
And meanwhile Andy Serling is hiding.

EMD4ME
07-22-2016, 09:58 PM

We know...

You're An Andy Serling Fan.....But....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
07-22-2016, 10:35 PM
Assuming it worked, does anyone see anything that would be an improvement over what they had?

cj
07-22-2016, 10:49 PM

Pretty sure Andy isn't in charge of the web site.

That said, I guarantee you he isn't hiding. He is extremely busy during the Saratoga meeting. He is doing Talking Horses, Saratoga Live, and handicapping cards for six day race weeks.

cj
07-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Assuming it worked, does anyone see anything that would be an improvement over what they had?

No way to really know until it actually works, but doesn't look any better to my eye.

AlBundy33
07-23-2016, 09:02 AM

Not even close.

no breathalyzer
07-23-2016, 12:57 PM
there is about a 30 second delay on the feed now

salty
07-23-2016, 01:54 PM
Can't watch the replay of talking horses or the live feed for me.

How do these people have jobs still?

:bang: :bang: :bang:

woodbinepmi
07-23-2016, 02:52 PM
I've got nothing, leave it to NYRA to screw up a good thing.

Dahoss9698
07-23-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm waiting for Superpickle to tell us this is the best website NYRA has had in 20 years

SaratogaSteve
07-24-2016, 12:06 AM
turned a great site into an abortion. No program listing w/ owners or pedigrees, where do I see the full charts? What am I missing?

no breathalyzer
07-24-2016, 11:32 AM
Dear NYRA, please fix the 35 second delay on the live video feed.. when the TVG feed is ahead of yours its a problem... Your site is a disaster and has become pretty much useless.

bucksboy
07-24-2016, 11:41 AM
I still can't get any video on my laptop. Works fine on my phone, but not
my computer.

no breathalyzer
07-24-2016, 11:48 AM
the feed on my adw isn't working today :D

woodbinepmi
07-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Still nothing here. Good job NYRA!

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2016, 06:22 PM
And meanwhile Andy Serling is hiding.It's like you lie in wait for days like these...super scary

jk3521
07-25-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm starting to get used to the new site.

EMD4ME
07-25-2016, 09:07 PM
One suggestion, for NYRA.com, not NYRA bets:

When I'm watching HD replays, I can't rewind the race & fast forward. Waste of time obviously to rewatch something entirely (including the 2 minute load) twice/10X just to see what happened over and over.

If anyone has some power out there, please note this.

AltonKelsey
07-25-2016, 09:25 PM
Not sure why they injected a 30 second delay, I don't think it was nearly that bad downstate.

Googling streaming delay , its not so cut and dry as one might think, but still, there must be an issue here we didn't see at Belmont/Aqu

Do they realize that people are likely getting shut out of BETS , which is costing NYRA money, because they think the last horse hasn't loaded, when in fact they have already run a 1/4 mile?

EMD4ME
07-25-2016, 09:28 PM
Not sure why they injected a 30 second delay, I don't think it was nearly that bad downstate.

Googling streaming delay , its not so cut and dry as one might think, but still, there must be an issue here we didn't see at Belmont/Aqu

Do they realize that people are likely getting shut out of BETS , which is costing NYRA money, because they think the last horse hasn't loaded, when in fact they have already run a 1/4 mile?

When I was at AQU yesterday, I was watching on the TV (not my PC) on the HD channel.

I was shut out multiple times on certain wagers as the race was off but I thought the last horse was still nowhere near in.

I caught on after race 1 but it was extremely aggravating as I am a late bettor.

Rise Over Run
07-25-2016, 09:43 PM
Your product was already the best in the business. Why reinvent it? Just make improvements where needed. I guess nobody ever heard of the New Coke debacle from the 80s. I really want to defend NYRA, because their product is top notch, but this is bad, really bad. The website sucks.

SG4
07-26-2016, 02:36 AM
When I was at AQU yesterday, I was watching on the TV (not my PC) on the HD channel.

I was shut out multiple times on certain wagers as the race was off but I thought the last horse was still nowhere near in.

I caught on after race 1 but it was extremely aggravating as I am a late bettor.

Oh why oh why couldn't this have been posted a day earlier! Fell victim to the surprising delay (10 seconds or so?) on the HD TV channel when trying to get a nice sized wager in on eventual 20-1 winner Gap Year, nothing worse than seeing the bet not accepted message come up & then watching a longshot like that gut out the victory, will haunt me for awhile. And I pretty much never bet last second like that, so particularly frustrating to endure (not to mention it coinciding with a brutal month-long losing streak, just piling on at this point).

no breathalyzer
07-26-2016, 03:47 AM

there was never a delay until this new site .. a couple seconds maybe at most.. hope they plan on fixing this.. its got to be costing them a considerable amount of $$$

cj
07-26-2016, 01:08 PM
Finally figured out how to find replays (probably me being slow), but do I really have to wait two minutes to watch the start of a head on without the ability to fast forward or drag to the actual start? Horrible.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Finally figured out how to find replays (probably me being slow), but do I really have to wait two minutes to watch the start of a head on without the ability to fast forward or drag to the actual start? Horrible.

It took me FOUUUUUUURRRRR HOOOUUURRRSSSS last night to rewatch all of Monday's replays and take notes on every horse thanks to their inability to offer a fast forward & rewind button.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I utilize RTN for HD access but those buffoons don't give access to replays till the next day.

If you're trying to catch up on replays the next day during a 6 day a week meet, you're in trouble.

This whole industry makes me mad, when you compare it to real industries.

AltonKelsey
07-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Seems to be some kind of pattern here.

Yahoo Finance, around for decades now, underwent a remake, and NO ONE in the world likes what they did.

Change for changes sake without usability testing is lame

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 06:00 PM
I know that I am stupid but can someone show me, where on NYRA.com you can actually watch replays of old races?

They are there for today's races but where are the old races?

cj
07-26-2016, 06:02 PM
I know that I am stupid but can someone show me, where on NYRA.com you can actually watch replays of old races?

I'll let you know what I find first, those or Noah's Ark.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 06:08 PM
I'll let you know what I find first, those or Noah's Ark.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Thank god for RTN as a consolation prize but even they suck as they don't carry HD head ons.

I want to see jock's slightly turning their heads left and right and the extent of their choppy choke outs. Head ons are vital for that.

So :bang: :bang: for now, no head on access. Arrrggghhhh :mad: :mad:

Tor Ekman
07-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Download Horse Races Now app to your phone or pad. You have to endure the same 10 second Pennsylvania breeders ad before each replay (which gets monotonous), but at least you can fast forward and rewind the race, however it doesn't offer head on replays of the race

cj
07-26-2016, 06:14 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Thank god for RTN as a consolation prize but even they suck as they don't carry HD head ons.

I want to see jock's slightly turning their heads left and right and the extent of their choppy choke outs. Head ons are vital for that.

So :bang: :bang: for now, no head on access. Arrrggghhhh :mad: :mad:

Xpressbet has the replays so I use those, but I'd prefer to use NYRA.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Xpressbet has the replays so I use those, but I'd prefer to use NYRA.

I hear ya :bang: :bang: :bang:

Teacherdan
07-26-2016, 09:11 PM
If you login to the NYRA site you will see a homepage that has the current day's racecard with all the relevant information and video for that day. If you look at the top of the page you will see the date with a down arrow. If you click on that arrow you will get a drop down menu that will show you all of the past race days for the current meet and all races from last summer's meet.

If you are just trying to go to the NYRA site and aren't signed up I don't think you can watch in HD, see the replays in HD or see prior race days. It doesn't cost anything to just register for the site. Just sign up for a basic account, not NYRA bets.

cj
07-26-2016, 09:30 PM
If you login to the NYRA site you will see a homepage that has the current day's racecard with all the relevant information and video for that day. If you look at the top of the page you will see the date with a down arrow. If you click on that arrow you will get a drop down menu that will show you all of the past race days for the current meet and all races from last summer's meet.

If you are just trying to go to the NYRA site and aren't signed up I don't think you can watch in HD, see the replays in HD or see prior race days. It doesn't cost anything to just register for the site. Just sign up for a basic account, not NYRA bets.

I logged in and tried and still can't find it. Had a few promising leads but the fizzled out.

It shouldn't be this hard to find.

Tom
07-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Someone at NYRA had to sign on this mess.
Why is he still working there? :lol:

It is obvious a lot of thinking went out the window on this.
Could you plan a worse website?

Strictly minor league.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 10:13 PM

Thanks Teacherdan. I see that for the SPA but I'm looking for Belmont replays as most runners did run at Belmont.

Any advice on finding those?

P.S.

Nevermind. You have to click on the "Saratoga" on the left, then click on Belmont. A new page will open (to the Belmont version of NYRA.com).

Then go to "Racing" and "Race Replays".

Got excited. Then realized they're in 1995 video quality. (And yes....I am a long time NYRA Rewards account holder).

SaratogaSteve
07-26-2016, 10:55 PM
Unbelieveable, the worst part of the change, is you have no idea who owns the horse, or what it's pedigree is. You used to be able to click through and get to the equibase site, or use "today's Program" and it would show like an old-fashioned program. NONE of that information is now available. Just terrible.

AltonKelsey
07-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Nice to have replays in HD, big difference, but is it really rocket science to have the time scroll bar working? They had months to get this right.

thespaah
07-26-2016, 11:27 PM
The new site will not permit pause or replay( rewind for those over the age of 40)....Now can you fast forward to eliminate the load..
The delay of the live broadcast is extensive. Up to 20 seconds behind TVG feed which on satellite is about 5 seconds slow of real time.

thespaah
07-26-2016, 11:29 PM

Are you referring to archived races?
Ok I got it.....
On the Saratoga site on the far right click on the arrow in the circle to the right of "watch live"
Then click in the red box "race day live"
You'll see an arrow inside a circle next to today's date.
Click the arrow.
A drop down menu will appear that goes back to July 15th 2012.
Now. If you want to view replays from Aqu or Bel look in the upper left corner where it says "Saratoga" Next to that is a circle with an arrow inside it.
Click that arrow. There you'l see the other two track names appear....Aqu and Bel are under the old site design.

thespaah
07-26-2016, 11:42 PM
Someone at NYRA had to sign on this mess.
Why is he still working there? :lol:

It is obvious a lot of thinking went out the window on this.
Could you plan a worse website?

Strictly minor league.
The site is too busy and clunky.
Someone on the B team looks to have been in charge of the redo

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 11:46 PM
Are you referring to archived races?
Ok I got it.....
On the Saratoga site on the far right click on the arrow in the circle to the right of "watch live"
Then click in the red box "race day live"
You'll see an arrow inside a circle next to today's date.
Click the arrow.
A drop down menu will appear that goes back to July 15th 2012.
Now. If you want to view replays from Aqu or Bel look in the upper left corner where it says "Saratoga" Next to that is a circle with an arrow inside it.
Click that arrow. There you'l see the other two track names appear....Aqu and Bel are under the old site design.

Hey thespaah, thanks pal. I found that but it's too much work and then you get 1995 quality replays when you finally find the "archived" replays. I need HD to truly capture what's going on out there. Head on HD too.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 11:51 PM
The new site will not permit pause or replay( rewind for those over the age of 40)....Now can you fast forward to eliminate the load..
The delay of the live broadcast is extensive. Up to 20 seconds behind TVG feed which on satellite is about 5 seconds slow of real time.

Really? How? I even pulled out my back to the future time machine but not even THAT worked :bang: :D

And who wants to watch a replay without access to pausing, rewinding etc???

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 11:55 PM
Here's something I find peculiar.

Race 1 Sunday. Watched the replay. No gate load, no odds visible, nothing.

Every other race I have "replayed" showed 2 minutes worth of video BEFORE they load.

This was the race where the winner was supposedly 26/1 in the gate load and dropped to 13/1 at the off.

Funny HOW THAT race was missing the annoying gate load (on the replay).

no breathalyzer
07-27-2016, 06:19 AM
Here's something I find peculiar.

Race 1 Sunday. Watched the replay. No gate load, no odds visible, nothing.

Every other race I have "replayed" showed 2 minutes worth of video BEFORE they load.

This was the race where the winner was supposedly 26/1 in the gate load and dropped to 13/1 at the off.

Funny HOW THAT race was missing the annoying gate load (on the replay).

That was Massive. Christmas in July for someone. that's the biggest gate pop i can recall seeing in NY

ezmred
07-27-2016, 04:34 PM
just logged onto the new nyra web site and could not get anything now i wen't to log off and they won't let me log off any one got any thing too help?

whodoyoulike
07-27-2016, 05:04 PM
just logged onto the new nyra web site and could not get anything now i wen't to log off and they won't let me log off any one got any thing too help?

If you close the browser that will always log you off.

ezmred
07-27-2016, 05:11 PM
thank you who. i finally got it to log off.appreciate your help.:ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
07-27-2016, 07:03 PM
That was Massive. Christmas in July for someone. that's the biggest gate pop i can recall seeing in NY

I read it somewhere, not sure if it's 100% true.

I did remember using him as he was plus 20/1 in my pick 5 (of his stressed trip in his last) but can not remember specific odds as I was not focusued on a win bet.

dnlgfnk
07-27-2016, 10:37 PM
It's probably been mentioned already but when I couldn't find replays on the new, I simply went to the old site...

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/videos/race-replay/

and switched the replay track to Saratoga.

thespaah
07-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Really? How? I even pulled out my back to the future time machine but not even THAT worked :bang: :D

And who wants to watch a replay without access to pausing, rewinding etc???
That was a typo....It should have read CAN'T....As in you cannot manipulate the video.
That's no good.

SG4
07-28-2016, 12:10 AM
I read it somewhere, not sure if it's 100% true.

I did remember using him as he was plus 20/1 in my pick 5 (of his stressed trip in his last) but can not remember specific odds as I was not focusued on a win bet.

He was 25-1 (and co-longest shot in the field) as the first horse entered the gate, by the time they broke he was 13-1 & was 18 points away from being the rank outsider. Looked to be about 5k worth of win bets to move the line that much.

EMD4ME
07-28-2016, 08:10 PM
One suggestion, for NYRA.com, not NYRA bets:

When I'm watching HD replays, I can't rewind the race & fast forward. Waste of time obviously to rewatch something entirely (including the 2 minute load) twice/10X just to see what happened over and over.

If anyone has some power out there, please note this.

I must thank the PA reader at NYRA, who listened and corrected this.

THANK YOU :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

cj
07-28-2016, 11:27 PM
I must thank the PA reader at NYRA, who listened and corrected this.

THANK YOU :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

That is a big one, no doubt.

SaratogaSteve
07-29-2016, 11:29 PM
Have to give credit where it's due - they ARE listening, and it is improving. Linking horses to equibase is a BIG restoration of service.

EMD4ME
07-29-2016, 11:35 PM
They do deserve credit.

Now, can we improve the following:

Can I skip having to log in to NYRA BETS to get to NYRA Rewards.

Having me waste another minute (especially when I get locked out 160 times a day for no reason) is costing NYRA handle.

I never used NYRA.com to wager and I will never use NYRA Bets to wager. I want my NYRA rewards to wager.

Slowing down one of the fastest wagerers in the game, is annoying and costly to you guys.

P.S. Before anyone suggests to clear the cache, I've done that 160 times a day while I get kicked out 160 times a day.

thespaah
07-29-2016, 11:36 PM
Have to give credit where it's due - they ARE listening, and it is improving. Linking horses to equibase is a BIG restoration of service.
As I stated previously...the new site is a work in progress. I just think NYRA should have beta tested the new site and rolled it out later in the year. AFTER the Belmont Fall Championship meet

titans1127
07-30-2016, 08:23 PM
They do deserve credit.

Now, can we improve the following:

Can I skip having to log in to NYRA BETS to get to NYRA Rewards.

Having me waste another minute (especially when I get locked out 160 times a day for no reason) is costing NYRA handle.

I never used NYRA.com to wager and I will never use NYRA Bets to wager. I want my NYRA rewards to wager.

Slowing down one of the fastest wagerers in the game, is annoying and costly to you guys.

P.S. Before anyone suggests to clear the cache, I've done that 160 times a day while I get kicked out 160 times a day.I think one NYRA Bets fully launches nationally, it will be replacing NYRA rewards. Not sure what changes for us already existing NYRA Rewards members once that happens.

EMD4ME
07-30-2016, 08:39 PM
I think one NYRA Bets fully launches nationally, it will be replacing NYRA rewards. Not sure what changes for us already existing NYRA Rewards members once that happens.

If I'm forced to use NYRA BETS, I will just bet from another ADW from home and never step into a NYRA track again.

HATED NYRA.COM's wagering interface, HATE this one just as much.

EMD4ME
08-01-2016, 06:07 PM
If I'm forced to use NYRA BETS, I will just bet from another ADW from home and never step into a NYRA track again.

HATED NYRA.COM's wagering interface, HATE this one just as much.

I have to 1st thank:

The NYRA employee who reads PA.

2nd:

PA, for existing

WHY?

Because today, I received a proactive e-mail from an EXCELLENT NYRA person who asked me if they could make NYRA REWARDS my default site when I sign in.

I said yes. Voila, minutes later, it worked. This employee should be PROMOTED!!!

Alwaysonpoint36
08-01-2016, 06:48 PM
I have to 1st thank:

The NYRA employee who reads PA.

2nd:

PA, for existing

WHY?

Because today, I received a proactive e-mail from an EXCELLENT NYRA person who asked me if they could make NYRA REWARDS my default site when I sign in.

I said yes. Voila, minutes later, it worked. This employee should be PROMOTED!!!

I'd like the same deal nyra without the threat of tantrum 😂😂

cj
08-03-2016, 11:23 PM
Any hints on how to get to the Talking Horses page?

cj
08-03-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure how exactly but I finally got it to come up instead of a NYRA Bets sign up.

AltonKelsey
08-06-2016, 01:48 AM
They fixed the time scroll bar on the replays, but they still haven't enabled it on the ON DEMAND replay shows. If someone wants to skip to race 8 on the Talking Horses replays it would take them an hour.

How does this go unrepaired for weeks?

no breathalyzer
08-06-2016, 07:25 AM
why is there still a 35 second delay? Is this going to be a permanent thing.

Tom
08-06-2016, 10:04 AM
why is there still a 35 second delay? Is this going to be a permanent thing.

Its tied in to the timer they use for races. :rolleyes:

jahura2
08-08-2016, 01:29 PM

Have to say though the combination of Maggie and Gabby sure make the NYRA website more enjoyable. I think by association they make TLG look good!

PhantomOnTour
08-09-2016, 11:24 AM
We are well into the meet and the Facts & Figures and Post Position Stats are not available.
It says "Information To Come"....when?

https://youtu.be/SqqGFoASs9s

jk3521
08-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Have to say though the combination of Maggie and Gabby sure make the NYRA website more enjoyable. I think by association they make TLG look good!
TLG has definitely become more "human"since teaming up with Gabby. :D

Tom
08-10-2016, 08:56 PM
The site is just terrible.
The Trakus shot is set so you have to scroll to see it all......PISS poor decision by some idiot. Half the right side of the screen a menu so there is no room for a full chart.

Garbage. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

no breathalyzer
08-12-2016, 01:12 PM
:ThmbUp: looks like that delay is gone.. site doesn't seem too bad anymore it's growing on me.. it's like any other site after they redesign it. It takes a while to warm up to it.

jk3521
09-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Just for the helluvit , I checked for entries for the first day at Belmont on Friday and the site hasn't been updated ,as of yet at least.

Rise Over Run
09-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Just for the helluvit , I checked for entries for the first day at Belmont on Friday and the site hasn't been updated ,as of yet at least.
You need to go thru the Belmont link on the website. They are there.

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/entries/20160909/

jk3521
09-05-2016, 09:50 AM
You need to go thru the Belmont link on the website. They are there.

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/entries/20160909/

No, I mean the site hasn't been updated to the new one used for Saratoga. I did see the entries for Friday.

no breathalyzer
09-21-2016, 08:35 AM
Just wanted to say major props to NYRA for them full screen Head-on replays.. silly me has been watching them crappy ones... just found out about this now... LOOK OUT NOW GUYS.. this is a major deal!

Garyinseattle
09-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Nyra's website is hands down the best racetrack site out there. I don't get the guys complaining about it. The HD video is insane. The access to old shows/info is great. Combine that with the NYRA live show they have on each day, and you actually have a racetrack/association going in the right direction. Now if they could only get Migliore to stop saying every horse on the track looks great all would be perfect.....

cj
09-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Nyra's website is hands down the best racetrack site out there. I don't get the guys complaining about it. The HD video is insane. The access to old shows/info is great. Combine that with the NYRA live show they have on each day, and you actually have a racetrack/association going in the right direction. Now if they could only get Migliore to stop saying every horse on the track looks great all would be perfect.....

It is really good, no doubt. Most of the complaints centered around the switch when Saratoga began that didn't go very well.

Garyinseattle
09-21-2016, 11:07 AM
It is really good, no doubt. Most of the complaints centered around the switch when Saratoga began that didn't go very well.

I hear ya. That's actually the only time I probably didn't go onto the site , just watched FS2 show.

It kinda amazes me though how NYRA catches so much crap all the time. Not saying only on this site. But if people compared what they are doing to other racetracks and all.... it seems to me that NYRA is so far out of in front of other racetracks. Sure the small fields at times suck, but let's be real, almost every racetrack is going through it. Look at what has happened in So Cal. Racing their has become unbettable.

I love the theories how the Ortiz brothers are rigging races. That's some hilarious stuff. Whoever the hell came up with that should instantly be awarded a time slot on HBO for a comedy hour....preferably 3:00-4:00 a.m. each day.

thespaah
09-21-2016, 02:12 PM
This thread started on opening day for the Spa meet.
The site was new. And there were plenty of bugs.
NYRA has worked out the kinks and it is now smooth sailing.

thespaah
09-21-2016, 02:16 PM
I hear ya. That's actually the only time I probably didn't go onto the site , just watched FS2 show.

It kinda amazes me though how NYRA catches so much crap all the time. Not saying only on this site. But if people compared what they are doing to other racetracks and all.... it seems to me that NYRA is so far out of in front of other racetracks. Sure the small fields at times suck, but let's be real, almost every racetrack is going through it. Look at what has happened in So Cal. Racing their has become unbettable.

I love the theories how the Ortiz brothers are rigging races. That's some hilarious stuff. Whoever the hell came up with that should instantly be awarded a time slot on HBO for a comedy hour....preferably 3:00-4:00 a.m. each day.
Here is my take. Though I am NYRA biased, I will not hesitate to criticize them if I think they aren't doing it right....
Some on here are purely NYRA haters. Of course there will always be those who despise the best in the business. And NYRA is the best in the business....
Perfect? Nope. Show me perfect. I will direct you to Fantasy Land.

castaway01
09-21-2016, 02:37 PM

First, as was explained this thread started because they put up the new site right before Saratoga, and there were a lot of issues with it at the time. It's great now but when the thread began the complaints were valid.

Second, there are a lot of conspiracy theorists here. If it makes you feel better, I've read conspiracies about how Stephen Curry threw the NBA Finals and Peyton Manning threw all those playoff games he lost. When people are gambling, conspiracies tend to crop up. Put the culprits on "ignore" or you're in for a lot of agita (that's stress and aggravation).

Garyinseattle
09-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Here is my take. Though I am NYRA biased, I will not hesitate to criticize them if I think they aren't doing it right....
Some on here are purely NYRA haters. Of course there will always be those who despise the best in the business. And NYRA is the best in the business....

I hear you. I too will call em like I see em. Considering the huge changes in racing over the years (not for the better), they are going in the right direction. Look at other big time tracks like CD, Arlington (yes Arlington IMHO was at one time a big deal) and others that are going south...then look at NYRA......

Garyinseattle
09-21-2016, 05:20 PM
First, as was explained this thread started because they put up the new site right before Saratoga, and there were a lot of issues with it at the time. It's great now but when the thread began the complaints were valid.

Second, there are a lot of conspiracy theorists here. If it makes you feel better, I've read conspiracies about how Stephen Curry threw the NBA Finals and Peyton Manning threw all those playoff games he lost. When people are gambling, conspiracies tend to crop up. Put the culprits on "ignore" or you're in for a lot of agita (that's stress and aggravation).

The fact that some lunatics think that the Ortiz bros are rigging races doesn't bother me, it's kinda hilarious. But yes, the ignore button probably is a good call with some of the wackos out there.

KennyG1
09-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Is anyone else having a problem that when typing www.nyra.com into their browser it's taking them to the Saratoga page instead of the Belmont page? It's been two weeks and it's still happening to me.

EMD4ME
09-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Is anyone else having a problem that when typing www.nyra.com into their browser it's taking them to the Saratoga page instead of the Belmont page? It's been two weeks and it's still happening to me.

I type NYRA BELMONT and it goes right to the Belmont home page. Maybe just do it that way?

EMD4ME
09-21-2016, 06:15 PM

I absolutely agree. They are THE BEST in the business, at least to me.

The website has improved dramatically, the shows are entertaining and the talent is there (on air).

I've criticized them before when applicable and applaud them as much as possible for great performance. I don't like people who only find the time to complain. Time for compliments should be made as well and more so.

They do deserve the credit for keeping the top circuit in America going strong.

the little guy
09-21-2016, 07:49 PM

Clear your cookies and you will be fine.

EMD4ME
10-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Question. For years, NYRA used to post the track condition and let you know if any races were OFF the turf at about 7 am or 8 am. This was done without scratches, well before scratch time.

Why don't they do that anymore? Or am I missing it?

rsetup
10-02-2016, 11:51 AM
They are THE BEST in the business. It must be you

EMD4ME
10-02-2016, 12:10 PM
They are THE BEST in the business. It must be you

Ok, I'm open to that. So, can you kindly tell me where the track condition is posted in the a.m.? (Like they did, after listening to many players about 8 years ago).

For the record, I am not knocking them. I asked so I can find it as I needed it this morning.

rsetup
10-02-2016, 12:23 PM
No idea. I've spent the past half hour trying to create an account to watch live video. Thought I finally got there but I can't log in. I suspect NYRA is not exactly encouraging this service.

Can't watch talking horses on the site either. Even though there's a link to watch it live. Well done:lol:

AltonKelsey
10-02-2016, 02:31 PM
suspect you are having a cookie/browser problem. why blame NYRA?

thespaah
10-02-2016, 09:40 PM
No idea. I've spent the past half hour trying to create an account to watch live video. Thought I finally got there but I can't log in. I suspect NYRA is not exactly encouraging this service.

Can't watch talking horses on the site either. Even though there's a link to watch it live. Well done:lol:
IN "computer" find "cookies".....Then change the setting to 'allow'...
That might clear up the issue

Harvhorse
10-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Once you find the entries, if you want to print them there is no print button, when you do print there are eleven to twelve pages.

thespaah
10-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Once you find the entries, if you want to print them there is no print button, when you do print there are eleven to twelve pages.
set your printer to 'print on both sides".....or, 'two sided printing"

EMD4ME
10-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Question. For years, NYRA used to post the track condition and let you know if any races were OFF the turf at about 7 am or 8 am. This was done without scratches, well before scratch time.

Why don't they do that anymore? Or am I missing it?

Seriously, does anyone know the answer to this?

2) These MINIMUM payoffs are getting on my F'N nerves.

Why are we catering to .50 triple players and $1 box players???

For centuries we have had payoffs to the $2 increment. Why change them?

At first, I didn't care but the more I need to multiply by 2 times 14, I am getting annoyed.

At least show the $2 payoffs for everything and then show the stupid minimum.

JustRalph
10-07-2016, 08:04 PM
https://www.nyra.com/belmont/

https://www.nyra.com/Saratoga

Etc.......still works. The address bar is the secret ;)

I just solved it for ya......come to this page first and click on the link. Save it as a bookmark.

Now, you're going to have to figure out how to spell the one that starts with an "A"

SG4
10-07-2016, 10:45 PM
In this day in age I'm still kind of baffled why all payoffs at every track aren't just universally shown as the payout for $1. When trying to figure out calculations etc wouldn't this just make everyone's life nice & easy?

Tara73
10-08-2016, 01:20 AM
Seriously, does anyone know the answer to this?

2) These MINIMUM payoffs are getting on my F'N nerves.

Why are we catering to .50 triple players and $1 box players???

For centuries we have had payoffs to the $2 increment. Why change them?

At first, I didn't care but the more I need to multiply by 2 times 14, I am getting annoyed.

At least show the $2 payoffs for everything and then show the stupid minimum.
Amen!

EMD4ME
10-08-2016, 08:45 AM
https://www.nyra.com/belmont/

https://www.nyra.com/Saratoga

Etc.......still works. The address bar is the secret ;)

I just solved it for ya......come to this page first and click on the link. Save it as a bookmark.

Now, you're going to have to figure out how to spell the one that starts with an "A"

It very well could be me.......

I clicked on your links and it brings me to the pages that I normally get to without a problem.

Maybe I'm not being clear enough.

I'll try again.

Back in the day, NYRA used to say races 2 and 4 are off the turf but races 8 and 9 are on the turf AT 7 AM. They also would list the track conditions well before scratch time at 7 AM.

That's what I still don't see on their new Website.

Is that what you found?

I appreciate the help Just Ralph

NTamm1215
10-08-2016, 11:22 AM

I clicked on your links and it brings me to the pages that I normally get to without a problem.

I'll try again.

Back in the day, NYRA used to say races 2 and 4 are off the turf but races 8 and 9 are on the turf AT 7 AM. They also would list the track conditions well before scratch time at 7 AM.

Is that what you found?

I've found that the best way to do it is to check Grening or Hennig's Twitter.

affirmedny
10-08-2016, 12:13 PM

I'll try again.

Is that what you found?

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/racing/scratches-changes

EMD4ME
10-08-2016, 12:57 PM
https://www.nyra.com/belmont/racing/scratches-changes

I appreciate the thought but although that looks like it's it, it's not.

"Scratches and changes" are posted late, like 1-2 hours to post.

I'm talking about the same screen that posts the track condition at 7 a.m.

EMD4ME
10-08-2016, 01:10 PM
I've found that the best way to do it is to check Grening or Hennig's Twitter.

Thank you for understanding what I'm looking for.

Why can't we bring back what we had for years?

EMD4ME
10-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Overnight slight showers in NY till the morning.

Turf races are carded for tomorrow.

This is the EXACT situation that pisses me off with the new Website. Cappers complained for years to get the track condition at 7 am, before it happened (the positive addition of posting track conditions at 7 or 8 am).

Then VIOLA, it's gone. I have no idea if I'm capping for turf, wet turf, or slop as I sit here at 9 pm, 12, 3 am.

At least with the old system, I had 5 hours to adjust. Now I have maybe 90-120 minutes.

Frustrating.

EMD4ME
10-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Well, at least NYRA has the finish line cam, which I checked earlier and see a sea of slop.

99% answers we'll be off the turf today.

the little guy
10-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Well, at least NYRA has the finish line cam, which I checked earlier and see a sea of slop.

99% answers we'll be off the turf today.

You spend your life on this site, but aren't on Twitter?

Mark Hennig, Dave Grening, and I posted we were off the turf well over two hours ago. We always post it the second it comes out. Surely you can figure out how to follow us on Twitter...or one of us?

As for off the turf, track condition page....well, it was my idea and was very glad when it worked. I wish it still did too....but, EMD4ME, you have alternatives....and they are VERY easy.

EMD4ME
10-09-2016, 10:22 AM

Mark Hennig, Dave Grening, and I posted we were off the turf well over two hours ago. We always post it the second it comes out. Surely you can figure out how to follow us on Twitter...or one of us?

As for off the turf, track condition page....well, it was my idea and was very glad when it worked. I wish it still did too....but, EMD4ME, you have alternatives....and they are VERY easy.

No. I don't have Twitter. Never did and probably never will.

A polite post of we're off the turf would've sufficed (As well as a statement of we don't update the site at 7 am anymore). Don't need your lecture, especially as a client of your association.

the little guy
10-09-2016, 10:25 AM
No. I don't have Twitter. Never did and probably never will.

A polite post of we're off the turf would've sufficed (As well as a statement of we don't update the site at 7 am anymore). Don't need your lecture, especially as a client of your association.

You need a lecture:-)

Get on Twitter. All the cool kids are doing it ( and plenty of extremely uncool ones as well ).

no breathalyzer
10-09-2016, 03:43 PM

:p Good thing they don't block me or i wouldn't get the information in time

AltonKelsey
10-09-2016, 05:58 PM
For all its failings, not being on twitter is a little like not using Google or still having an AOL account :faint:

Tom
10-09-2016, 06:44 PM
I have an account, but I find no compelling reason, or even uncompelling reason to ever bother using it. I apologize to my one follower. :rolleyes:

the little guy
10-09-2016, 07:01 PM
I have an account, but I find no compelling reason, or even uncompelling reason to ever bother using it. I apologize to my one follower. :rolleyes:

That's OK, Tom, I never expected much.

JustRalph
10-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Twitter is a cesspool. But it's an awesome tool for disseminating info. It's incredibly fast and often first hand. 3 different companies passed on buying it this week. The founders are being sued by shareholders for mismanagement. And the shareholders should win.

I've never seen a tech product so mismanaged.

Give it to me and it would be making money in a month. Not with advertising. There has never been a product more ripe for charging a subscription to use it.

EMD4ME
02-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Question:

I've been unable to access race replays since last night on NYRA.com.

They have today's replays, that's no problem. Issue is any old replay can not be accessed.

I have this error message:

Cannot load M3U8: Unable to fetch HTTP resource over HTTPS

Anyone else have that problem or is it something to do with my PC by any chance?

HuggingTheRail
02-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Question:

I've been unable to access race replays since last night on NYRA.com.

They have today's replays, that's no problem. Issue is any old replay can not be accessed.

I have this error message:

Cannot load M3U8: Unable to fetch HTTP resource over HTTPS

Anyone else have that problem or is it something to do with my PC by any chance?

I just gave it a whirl - same msg for me

EMD4ME
02-05-2017, 10:46 PM
I just gave it a whirl - same msg for me

OK. At least I know it's not my pc. Thanks buddy.

EMD4ME
02-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Anyone know when this will be fixed?

Has it gone the way of the NYRA TV Channel? :(

EMD4ME
02-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Replays are back up, for those that cared :ThmbUp:

Maybe it was just an upgrade or something similar.