PDA

View Full Version : Understaning Islam

Tom
07-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Serious question....has anyone read either of these?
I am interested because it seems a smart thing to do to understand the minds of theses people who seek to destroy us. I do not want to read a tranlation that might be biased. These idiot's books have been a big help to me on many things ( ok, Lbj...fire away. LOL)
But these might be a good overview to lead to more in depth readings.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764555812/qid=1089386551/sr=1-15/ref=sr_1_15/104-9114007-6766300?v=glance&s=books

hcap
07-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Try "Islam for Dummies"
Published by fox news available for a mere pittance.

http://www.amazon.com/faux_news/islamicevildoers/fordummies

:cool:

kenwoodallpromos
07-10-2004, 02:56 AM
Online search you can find the koran, and read about how it tells muslims to kill men who refuse t6o convert. In Islam killing a woman or child is a sin.

Tom
07-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Online search you can find the koran, and read about how it tells muslims to kill men who refuse t6o convert. In Islam killing a woman or child is a sin.

That's the stuff I am looking for.

Suff
07-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Osama's Brother was interviewed by Matt Lauer this week,,

did you see it?

He talked about how even at 17 and 18 years old he was differnet.. a Zealot.,.. who hated music..TV, anything that diverted him from ALLAH/

but what was sickening... when asked that if he knew where his brother was ...would he turn him in? He would'nt...

Sickening... I love my brother. But if he killed 3000 innocent people... Sorry bro. You can take it up with your creator... But your going to meet your fate in this life

Tom
07-10-2004, 11:26 AM
I saw it and commented on it on another thread. I respect that he was honest in answering the question. He could said yes and been done with it. I compare his honesty with the lies of MM and Sec blew a gasket. I thought the YBK was more believable than MM and presented himself in a dignigied, civilized manner, as opposed to MM. Sec had a coniption.
I don' t believe Bin Laden's family is involved with him, and I have seen no evidence that they are. I have seen proof that MM lied and distorted facts. Sec is upset that I don't blindly indicte people because they are related. Sec is fun becasue I can make him dance. Wanna see a poka? :D

JustRalph
07-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Suff
Osama's Brother was interviewed by Matt Lauer this week,,

did you see it?

He talked about how even at 17 and 18 years old he was differnet.. a Zealot.,.. who hated music..TV, anything that diverted him from ALLAH/

but what was sickening... when asked that if he knew where his brother was ...would he turn him in? He would'nt...

Sickening... I love my brother. But if he killed 3000 innocent people... Sorry bro. You can take it up with your creator... But your going to meet your fate in this life

That is the difference in Americans and other nations. Think about Ted Kaczynski's brother. He realized from the writings published that the Unabomber was his brother and did the right thing.

kenwoodallpromos
07-12-2004, 12:56 AM
www.islam-online.net

cryptic1
07-14-2004, 02:15 PM
An interesting book was published this year, The Trouble
With Islam by Irshad Manji. She used to live in Toronto but
since the publication moved to the U.S. to avoid harassment and
the usual threats from the usual suspects.
She used to host a T.V. show about gay issues and was
openly gay. She certainly was publicly despised by many
moslem groups in Canada as a result of her in your face views.
The book is scathing in its attacks on moslem leadership
and their circle the wagons approach to criticism and modernity.
If you want a different perspective on modern moslem
thinking this book is a good read.

cryptic1

linrom1
07-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Hey this book was written in the '80's. CIA should've taked to that guy.

Tom
07-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Rushdie had to go underground for fear of being murdered. I remeber that guy. Nice religion-like Murder Inc.