PDA

View Full Version : 2016 RNC - Cleveland

horses4courses
07-18-2016, 08:11 PM
First speaker I hear is that guy from Duck Dynasty .
Perfect.....just perfect.

zico20
07-18-2016, 08:53 PM

Are you upset that it is a white male? :mad:

horses4courses
07-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Are you upset that it is a white male? :mad:

Not at all.
Totally predictable.

Inevitably, Trump will get a boost this week.
The question is how much, and for how long?

classhandicapper
07-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Willie Robertson was actually a pretty good choice for a celebrity speaker. He's well known and liked by the Christian right and middle America and also the CEO of a company.

JustRalph
07-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Why are you watching ?

ArlJim78
07-18-2016, 09:44 PM
Frankly I'd rather hear from the non politician perspective.
DNC 2012, final evening featured actresses Eva Longoria, Scarlett Johansson, and Kerry Washington, and you know what? I couldn't care less. Instead of superficially evaluating people how about we listen to what they have to say?

Clocker
07-18-2016, 09:47 PM

I have never watched the show, but I bet he would make a better president than Hillary.

For that matter, so would Donald Duck. Or Daisy Duck, as a sop to the feminists.

barn32
07-18-2016, 10:05 PM
{{{YAWN}}}

Fox "and friends" puts on all the right-wing-whacko-nut jobs to validate everything that is said at the convention and MSNBC "and friends" puts on all the left-wing-pinko-commies to tear down everything that was said at the convention.

{{{YAWN}}}

mostpost
07-18-2016, 10:28 PM
{{{YAWN}}}

Fox "and friends" puts on all the right-wing-whacko-nut jobs to validate everything that is said at the convention and MSNBC "and friends" puts on all the left-wing-pinko-commies to tear down everything that was said at the convention.

{{{YAWN}}}
I only watched intemittently but when I did I saw Republican stategist Steve Schmidt; whack job Congressman Steve King and some Trump delegate on MSNBC.

anotherCAfan
07-19-2016, 12:07 AM
I have not watched any of it, but I hate that I missed Jamiel Shaw's speech. I dare the SJWs and left-leaning posters here to tell Mr. Shaw that we do not need to tighten our borders.

I've lived in LA all my life. I remember when Jamiel's son was killed. It still breaks my heart. It is more than enough reason to vote against HRC.

davew
07-19-2016, 12:27 AM
{{{YAWN}}}

{{{YAWN}}}

did you see Megyn Kelly with the Black Panthers guy? he wants reparations for all blacks -- I agree, they should all get about a zillion bucks.

tucker6
07-19-2016, 06:10 AM
Why are you watching ?
That was my question as well. I'm a republican and even I don't watch that drivel any longer. H4C must have a sad life.

tucker6
07-19-2016, 06:11 AM
did you see Megyn Kelly with the Black Panthers guy? he wants reparations for all blacks -- I agree, they should all get about a zillion bucks.
free transport back

Greyfox
07-19-2016, 09:35 AM
The speakers at the RNC on Monday night were powerful for the most part.
The mother of a man killed in Benghazi was particularly effective.
She claimed Hillary lied to her and other parents. The State Department withdrew security from the compound the day before the massacre. The mother said she had that in an e mail from her son. The mother believes Hillary is responsible for her son's death. To top matters off, she was told by the State Department that information couldn't be shared with her as she wasn't a family member. She was the mother for cripes sake.
Rudy Guiliani was also very effective.
Melania Trump spoke exceptionally well considering English is a fourth language.
One pundit though has accused her of lifting a paragraph from a Michelle Obama speech.

All in all it was a great evening, but it went perhaps an hour too long.

upthecreek
07-19-2016, 09:45 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/07/19/trump-campaign-denies-plagiarism-melanias-speech-blames-reaction-clinton/87282068/

Clocker
07-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Melania Trump spoke exceptionally well considering English is a fourth language.
One pundit though has accused her of lifting a paragraph from a Michelle Obama speech.

A lot of noise on the web about that today. There were a couple of similar phrases in a small section of the speech.

As Truth Revolt points out, those phrases are similar to speeches and books that predate Michelle's speech. Much ado about nothing, if I may borrow a phrase from somebody or other.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/if-melania-trump-plagiarized-michelle-obama-2008-speech-then-michelle-obama-plagiarized-hers

biggestal99
07-19-2016, 10:00 AM
A lot of noise on the web about that today. There were a couple of similar phrases in a small section of the speech.

similar? No the words were exactly the same.

Allan

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Not surprised that the desperate Dems who were skewered last night, would pick on a few words from a speech by a stumbling Michelle Obama (you need to compare the two speeches) to the professional performance we saw last night.

Of course the Democrats would NEVER bring out that infamous Michelle Obama speech in its entirety where she said, "for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I am proud of my country."

Clearly she meant that this country was nothing to be proud of until they nominated Barack Obama, the first openly racist President.

OntheRail
07-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Powerful...

GxyMPMx15ik

Pitiful....

IvLs2mbX_Qc

LINK to TR (http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/chris-matthews-disparages-mother-benghazi-victim-i-dont-care-what-she-felt-you-dont-lie-about)

barn32
07-19-2016, 10:40 AM
Could someone please put up Giuliani's speech, I missed it.

Thanks.

Clocker
07-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Not surprised that the desperate Dems who were skewered last night, would pick on a few words from a speech by a stumbling Michelle Obama (you need to compare the two speeches) to the professional performance we saw last night.

There were a couple of phrases that were similar. And both were similar to previous works cited in my previous link. If Michelle gets a pass, so does Melania. Otherwise, who cares. The Dems are arguing about arranging the deck chairs while the Titanic sinks under their administration.

Greyfox
07-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Powerful...

GxyMPMx15ik

Very very powerful. Hillary Clinton should never be Commander-in-Chief.

OntheRail
07-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Could someone please put up Giuliani's speech, I missed it.

Thanks.
Ho0SM2MmHFc

This One... ;)

Clocker
07-19-2016, 11:07 AM
Pitiful....

IvLs2mbX_Qc

LINK to TR (http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/chris-matthews-disparages-mother-benghazi-victim-i-dont-care-what-she-felt-you-dont-lie-about)

Sad. Matthews used to be a decent reporter with a lot of inside politics knowledge. Now he is just a DNC stooge.

_______
07-19-2016, 11:22 AM
There were a couple of phrases that were similar. And both were similar to previous works cited in my previous link. If Michelle gets a pass, so does Melania. Otherwise, who cares. The Dems are arguing about arranging the deck chairs while the Titanic sinks under their administration.

I don't think the problem is the obvious similarities between sections of the two speeches. It's the Trump campaigns decision to extend the story by denying it.

A professional operation acknowledges the obvious and moves on. This is the candidates wife, not the candidate and the story does on the vine without Manafort going on TV this morning and asking everyone to believe him, not our lyin' ears.

Until the campaign admits portions of the speech were lifted, it stays alive. It's amateur hour until that moment.

OntheRail
07-19-2016, 11:57 AM
I don't think the problem is the obvious similarities between sections of the two speeches. It's the Trump campaigns decision to extend the story by denying it.

A professional operation acknowledges the obvious and moves on. This is the candidates wife, not the candidate and the story does on the vine without Manafort going on TV this morning and asking everyone to believe him, not our lyin' ears.

Until the campaign admits portions of the speech were lifted, it stays alive. It's amateur hour until that moment.
Well _________ people looking to pick nits come with tweezers in hand... these nit-pickers came with a electron microscope... and have exposed nothing. I've heard variations of that/those statements strung together all my life as have most of you.

_______
07-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Well _________ people looking to pick nits come with tweezers in hand... these nit-pickers came with a electron microscope... and have exposed nothing. I've heard variations of that/those statements strung together all my life as have most of you.

Exactly right. So why is the campaign denying it?

This isn't a headline story but for the campaign's denial. They are the ones giving it legs.

Tom
07-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Such attention over nothing,.
Wait until we address the DNC party - you know, the one featuring perverts and murderers.

I can suffer the chuckleheads this week.

Clocker
07-19-2016, 12:27 PM

This isn't a headline story but for the campaign's denial. They are the ones giving it legs.

Because it's all about politics and ego. And you know who has the biggest ego in that building right now.

mostpost
07-19-2016, 12:35 PM
She claimed Hillary lied to her and other parents.
This is the same nonsense about a video or not a video. At the time of that meeting it was still not clear if a video had a part in the attack. It was clear that Obama and Clinton and other administration officials had characterized it as a terrorist attack several time in public statements.

The State Department withdrew security from the compound the day before the massacre. The mother said she had that in an e mail from her son.
There were three security agents assigned to Benghazi. Two more agents came from Tripoli. Accounts of the attack-verified by several Congressional committees show that there were five State Department security agents involved. So, clearly, the State Department did not withdraw security.

There was also Libyan security at the embassy. One of the major points made in testimony by surviving guards was that the Libyan security unexpectedly left the compound just moments before the attack. If they were already gone the day before, how could they leave then? Again, there was no ordered withdrawal of security forces. At least not ordered by the State Department.

The mother believes Hillary is responsible for her son's death.
I'm sure she does. That does not mean she is right. In fact she is the last person to be counted on to make a rational judgement. She is the mother for cripes sake.

To top matters off, she was told by the State Department that information couldn't be shared with her as she wasn't a family member. She was the mother for cripes sake.
She actually said they told her she wasn't an immediate family member. By definition, she was, but different organizations have different definitions of the term, "Immediate family member." I would think that-despite any definition of the term-the State Department should have given her whatever information they had-given allowances for National Security concerns. I have to wonder how strongly she pursued this.

I also wonder why she didn't simply reach out to her daughter-in-law. Sean Smith's wife is definitely an immediate family member. She is definitely entitled to the information. I don't know. Maybe there is bad blood there. Frankly, Sean Smith's mother strikes me as a difficult person.

OntheRail
07-19-2016, 12:36 PM

If it's a string of common phrase... statements or the expression of shared commonly held beliefs... it can not be classified plagiarism. Right?

So she/he has nothing to confess to... another molehill in the shadows of Mount Clinton.

_______
07-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Such attention over nothing,.
Wait until we address the DNC party - you know, the one featuring perverts and murderers.

I can suffer the chuckleheads this week.

The Clinton's are repeat offenders in the category I'm talking about. They seem to release information only after the refusal to do so has done the maximum self inflicted political damage.

That doesn't excuse Trump's organization for taking the focus off the story they want to tell at the convention and making it about something else.

They will eventually admit the writer's cribbed parts of the speech because it's the only way to get the focus back where they want it. But until that happens, they are just firing more shots into their own feet.

_______
07-19-2016, 12:41 PM
If it's a string of common phrase... statements or the expression of shared commonly held beliefs... it can not be classified plagiarism. Right?

So she/he has nothing to confess to... another molehill in the shadows of Mount Clinton.

Maybe that is what you and the campaign tell themselves but running the section of Obama's speech next to Trump's is fairly damning.

And their denial keeps the story alive. Again...this is the candidates wife and a non-story 8 hours after it broke if not for Manafort taking a ridiculous stand and extending it.

Clocker
07-19-2016, 01:21 PM
And their denial keeps the story alive. Again...this is the candidates wife and a non-story 8 hours after it broke if not for Manafort taking a ridiculous stand and extending it.

And now former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski is slamming Manafort about it, saying if Manafort signed off on this speech, he should resign. :D

mostpost
07-19-2016, 02:10 PM
She claimed Hillary lied to her and other parents. The State Department withdrew security from the compound the day before the massacre. The mother said she had that in an e mail from her son. The mother believes Hillary is responsible for her son's death. To top matters off, she was told by the State Department that information couldn't be shared with her as she wasn't a family member. She was the mother for cripes sake.
Rudy Guiliani was also very effective.

All in all it was a great evening, but it went perhaps an hour too long.
Here's what politifact says about the video controversy-whether Clinton mentioned or did not mention the video as a cause of the attack to the families at the ceremony for the return of their remains.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/18/checking-patricia-smiths-claims-about-clinton-and-/

Charles Woods, father of CIA operative Tyrone Woods, told talk show host Glenn Beck on Oct. 25, 2012, that Clinton said to him, "We will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted."

Speaking with CNN’s Anderson Cooper in October 2015, Kate Quigley, sister of CIA operative Glen Doherty, said Clinton mentioned protests but not a video.

Jan Stevens, father of Ambassador Chris Stevens, told PolitiFact that the first time he heard anything about a video was when the Washington Post Fact Checker called him with a similar question. He confirmed that he heard "nothing whatsoever" about a video from Clinton but declined to comment further.

Tyrone Woods’ mother, Cheryl Bennett, told PolitiFact that when she spoke with Clinton, she "never heard the word ‘video’ mentioned. That’s just a fact." Bennett, who is estranged from Charles Woods, said the motivation behind the attack didn’t come up in her brief interaction with Clinton.

Barbara Doherty, Glen Doherty’s mother, didn’t recall talking with Clinton about a video and said she remembered Clinton as being sincere and crying, according to the Washington Post.

So, some people claim Clinton blamed everything on a video while others say she never mentioned the video. Even if she did mention it, no rational person thinks that she ever thought it was a cause of the attacks except in the most peripheral way. Republicans are using this in a cynical and FUTILE attempt to keep her from the Presidency.

barn32
07-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Ho0SM2MmHFc

This One... ;)Good speech. A little over the top. Thanks for posting.

I've always liked Giuliani, and I thought he would have been a good running mate.

Clocker
07-19-2016, 04:52 PM
Even if she did mention it, no rational person thinks that she ever thought it was a cause of the attacks except in the most peripheral way. Republicans are using this in a cynical and FUTILE attempt to keep her from the Presidency.

Bingo! And since there is credible evidence that she said it knowing that it was not true, then Hillary is a liar. And if Hillary knew it wasn't about the video, why did she sit back and let Susan Rice go on TV, speaking for the administration Hillary was part of, and say that it was?

The problem with Hillary is not that she was dumb enough to think it was about the video, but that she lied and she thought that everyone else was dumb enough to think it was about the video if the administration repeated it often enough.

upthecreek
07-19-2016, 05:38 PM
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/if-melania-plagiarized-michelles-2008-speech-then-michelle-plagiarized-hers-too

woodtoo
07-19-2016, 07:15 PM
There will be no futile attempt to keep Shrilliary out of the White House.
We will do anything humanly possible to keep the Hag out. Got it.
Including lying about a video.

ebcorde
07-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Here's what politifact says about the video controversy-whether Clinton mentioned or did not mention the video as a cause of the attack to the families at the ceremony for the return of their remains.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/18/checking-patricia-smiths-claims-about-clinton-and-/

Charles Woods, father of CIA operative Tyrone Woods, told talk show host Glenn Beck on Oct. 25, 2012, that Clinton said to him, "We will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted."

Speaking with CNN’s Anderson Cooper in October 2015, Kate Quigley, sister of CIA operative Glen Doherty, said Clinton mentioned protests but not a video.

Jan Stevens, father of Ambassador Chris Stevens, told PolitiFact that the first time he heard anything about a video was when the Washington Post Fact Checker called him with a similar question. He confirmed that he heard "nothing whatsoever" about a video from Clinton but declined to comment further.

Tyrone Woods’ mother, Cheryl Bennett, told PolitiFact that when she spoke with Clinton, she "never heard the word ‘video’ mentioned. That’s just a fact." Bennett, who is estranged from Charles Woods, said the motivation behind the attack didn’t come up in her brief interaction with Clinton.

Barbara Doherty, Glen Doherty’s mother, didn’t recall talking with Clinton about a video and said she remembered Clinton as being sincere and crying, according to the Washington Post.

So, some people claim Clinton blamed everything on a video while others say she never mentioned the video. Even if she did mention it, no rational person thinks that she ever thought it was a cause of the attacks except in the most peripheral way. Republicans are using this in a cynical and FUTILE attempt to keep her from the Presidency.

Let's start here.
The week of 9-11 why are you in Benghazi with 3 security guards, when a full detachment of Marines are at the embassy in Tripoli?

The bottom line if anyone in State Department or the security they hire cant handle The Muslims areas of Africa , the Middle east and Asia Tell us so we do not post you there, we can't be HOLDING THEIR HAND everyplace , at any time when trouble erupts, if we could THEN WE DON'T NEED YOU.

SIck of the crybabies "oh Mommy Hillary Please hold my hand I'm in Bad Ass Africa and don't know what to do, should I leave or stay mommy?"
Grow a pair , recognize danger and leave or face it. don't complain later, no one forced these contractors to work over there, stay on your Nebraska farm.

The next President should decree , No conservatives in government can work overseas a bunch of Mary's. stay home, don't join the Military . because you can't handle it.

ebcorde
07-19-2016, 07:54 PM
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/if-melania-plagiarized-michelles-2008-speech-then-michelle-plagiarized-hers-too

Trump plagiarized it for his wife. That's why no one can get fired. HE DID IT!!!!!!!!! Trump has plagiarized work many times before Ben Carson he lifted whole pages. He CUTS AND PASTE from web sites and POSTS on his twitter sites. yeah STEALING OTHERS CREATIVITY WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!!!! He didn't even write that book Art of the Deal, A ghost writer wrote it. Ghost Writer also said Trump will end civilization if his hands get on nukes.. But he tells everyone HE WROTE IT. LIAR
He steals other people's creative work without permission all the time Queen , Rolling Stone, Dee Snider told him to stop playing their music he never asks for permission.

Trump's so messed up, His wife took the blame to save his ass. But we don't believe her.

you people keep driving down that road ignoring those "warning cliff ahead" signs

_______
07-19-2016, 08:13 PM
Calm.

Down.

Fager Fan
07-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Trump plagiarized it for his wife. That's why no one can get fired. HE DID IT!!!!!!!!! Trump has plagiarized work many times before Ben Carson he lifted whole pages. He CUTS AND PASTE from web sites and POSTS on his twitter sites. yeah STEALING OTHERS CREATIVITY WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!!!! He didn't even write that book Art of the Deal, A ghost writer wrote it. Ghost Writer also said Trump will end civilization if his hands get on nukes.. But he tells everyone HE WROTE IT. LIAR
He steals other people's creative work without permission all the time Queen , Rolling Stone, Dee Snider told him to stop playing their music he never asks for permission.

Trump's so messed up, His wife took the blame to save his ass. But we don't believe her.

you people keep driving down that road ignoring those "warning cliff ahead" signs

You realize there's a reason why they're called GHOST writers?

When's the last time you got permission from Queen or the Stones to play their music? You THIEF!!!

MutuelClerk
07-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Great speech by Junior. Highlight of the RNC so far.

barahona44
07-19-2016, 11:39 PM
You realize there's a reason why they're called GHOST writers?

When's the last time you got permission from Queen or the Stones to play their music? You THIEF!!!
Mr.Ebcorde doesn't need permission for private music use.But public use...?

Article about political campaigns and music and the gray area about needing prior permission from an artist to use specific songs.There's also a brief history of other candidates being opposed by musicians over use of their music.

http://lawstreetmedia.com/issues/politics/campaign-music-fair-use/

_______
07-19-2016, 11:47 PM
I thought Tiffany's was the best. The convention is supposed to sell the candidate and her speech I thought did a better job on that front. I know that no one in Trump's camp will admit he has an image problem but a well spoken kid talking about how he inspired and empowered her does a lot to soften it.

And it was a stark contrast to Christie's open audition for the AG post beforehand all but inciting the crowd to chant "burn the witch".

They need to sell Donald a lot more than they have so far. Preaching to the choir about your opponent's already well known defects isn't going to change the playing field. If they want to see a convention bounce they need to focus more on Trump's assets and less on Clinton's flaws.

HalvOnHorseracing
07-19-2016, 11:52 PM
With regard to Melania Trump's flap about sampling some of Michelle Obama's speech, I'm reminded of George Harrison getting convicted of "subconscious plagiarism" for his song My Sweet Lord sounding a lot like the Chiffon's He's So Fine. Harrison was convincing that he didn't set out to steal the song, but it was clear that the song had enough distribution and air time that, well, maybe somewhere in the back of his mind was that melody he heard way back when. Without making a mountain out of molehill, because this is more of a humorous aside than a serious political event, it's equally believable that some of the speechwriters had a few phrases they might have heard before rattling about in their heads. Of course, as one of the Republican operatives pointed out, it could have just as easily been copped from Kid Rock or My Little Pony.

In any case, it goes to show how maddening the next few months will be. More of this crap coming until the first Tuesday in November.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 12:20 AM
Mr.Ebcorde doesn't need permission for private music use.But public use...?

Article about political campaigns and music and the gray area about needing prior permission from an artist to use specific songs.There's also a brief history of other candidates being opposed by musicians over use of their music.

http://lawstreetmedia.com/issues/politics/campaign-music-fair-use/

Old Eb stated Trump was STEALING their songs. Its an idiotic thing to complain about since pretty much every artist complains when a politician uses their music, mostly when the politicians are conservative since most singers are dems.

But politicians continue to use music, the artist complains, and sometimes it results in them stopping and sometimes they don't. Apparently neither side is so sure they'd win any lawsuit which is why it rarely goes there.

Eb would do better to not go off on such trivial BS.

dartman51
07-20-2016, 01:04 AM
Sad. Matthews used to be a decent reporter with a lot of inside politics knowledge. Now he is just a DNC stooge.

He never recovered from that "tingle up his leg" from Obama. :D

barn32
07-20-2016, 05:08 AM
The commentators on the "Clinton News Network" made a good point about how the convention didn't seem to be properly staged. In other words, people were filing out in droves and the place was half empty by the end. Reason being the order of speakers was somewhat weird.

It should have ended with Donald Trump Jr., whose speech got much praise from said network, and who in my opinion will probably be running for higher office himself someday--with an excellent chance of winning.

I could certainly see him going from senator to presidential candidate, assuming of course he would ever want to leave the business world.

upthecreek
07-20-2016, 07:14 AM
"Lying Ted" to speak tonight--should be interesting

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 07:19 AM
Old Eb stated Trump was STEALING their songs. Its an idiotic thing to complain about since pretty much every artist complains when a politician uses their music, mostly when the politicians are conservative since most singers are dems.

But politicians continue to use music, the artist complains, and sometimes it results in them stopping and sometimes they don't. Apparently neither side is so sure they'd win any lawsuit which is why it rarely goes there.

Eb would do better to not go off on such trivial BS.

on the music my point is for a man who has sued 3,000 times why can't he ask for permission, he would sue them.

That's no BS that's a glimpse of how the mentally ill man would run the country. Trump yanked excerpts from his ENEMY Michelle Obama and pasted it into his wife speech

you were better off with that weenie Romney.
These Trump's are disgusting.

Tiffany with fake eyelids a 3 inches long, Plastic surgery Ivanka , eric the woodchuck and little don taking pictures standing over their elephant kill. wtf wants to kill an elephant? do all you Horse lovers support shooting elephants?

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 07:39 AM
on the music my point is for a man who has sued 3,000 times why can't he ask for permission, he would sue them.

That's no BS that's a glimpse of how the mentally ill man would run the country. Trump yanked excerpts from his ENEMY Michelle Obama and pasted it into his wife speech

you were better off with that weenie Romney.
These Trump's are disgusting.

Tiffany with fake eyelids a 3 inches long, Plastic surgery Ivanka , eric the woodchuck and little don taking pictures standing over their elephant kill. wtf wants to kill an elephant? do all you Horse lovers support shooting elephants?

You're not sounding all that mentally well yourself. You actually think Trump wrote his wife's speech?

Picking on eyelashes, teeth, and supposed plastic surgery (what?) of the candidates kids? Really? But you think TRUMP wrote his wife's speech???

lamboguy
07-20-2016, 08:37 AM
day 2 came off better than day 1.

finally saw a Trump political advertisement for the first time on a television station in Rhode Island. station 10 WJAR NBC. i have seen lots of Clinton's before that.

woodtoo
07-20-2016, 08:38 AM
"Lying Ted" to speak tonight--should be interesting
Brilliant move having L.T. speak without endorsing Trump, their giving him all the rope he needs. Here ya go Teddy do what you want, swing if you wish.
:lol:

ps. You could hear a pin drop when doubting Ryan spoke.
Get on board the Trump train before it leaves the station

Inner Dirt
07-20-2016, 08:56 AM

When was that? I just see him about as biased as anyone can be with no ability to control his bias in the least bit. I do enjoy watching him fight back tears on election nights when Republicans do well. He is such a pathetic wimp, I want to slap him, almost as bad as I want to throw water on Hillary and watch her melt.

Clocker
07-20-2016, 09:17 AM
When was that?

Many, many years ago. He started on TV back in the 90's on CNBC. He was always left leaning (he was a top aide to House Speaker Tip O'Neill), but nothing like what he became on MSNBC. And he knew a lot about inside politics, which he never shows any more.

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 09:21 AM
You're not sounding all that mentally well yourself. You actually think Trump wrote his wife's speech?

Picking on eyelashes, teeth, and supposed plastic surgery (what?) of the candidates kids? Really? But you think TRUMP wrote his wife's speech???

yeah I do. that's my bet!!!! dude, a little humor is okay, those eyelashes were ridiculous. She looked like the old playboy bunny drawings in Playboy mag back in the day.

and Ivanka has had surgery, 2x on breast surgery enlarge, then reduce, nose job and chin job, at least it's better than Michael Jackson's.
Eric and Little Don they shoot elephants, I'm done.

Ever see Donald trump smile or laugh? NO I'm talking smiling not a grimace.

yeah I''m a bad guy, but at least I'm not taking a page out of BLM and riling up the crowd so that a crazy like Micah Johnson or Gavin Long kills Hillary Clinton. She will need triple the SS security

Now how bout that chief? 3 days after cops rightfully plead with people to lower the rhetoric, these republican LEADERS chant LIAR, LUCIFER and THROW HER IN JAIL

I see a razor thin difference between their rhetoric and Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS. Get them all riled up to hurt somebody like they did Gabby.

woodtoo
07-20-2016, 09:36 AM
[EvDonald trump smile or laugh? NO I'm talking er see smiling not a grimace.

yeah I''m a bad guy, but at least I'm not taking a page out of BLM and riling up the crowd so that a crazy like Micah Johnson or Gavin Long kills Hillary Clinton. She will need triple the SS security

Now how bout that chief? 3 days after cops rightfully plead with people to lower the rhetoric, these republican LEADERS chant LIAR, LUCIFER and THROW HER IN JAIL

I see a razor thin difference between their rhetoric and Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS. Get them all riled up to hurt somebody like they did Gabby.[/QUOTE]
Now is the time to take that vision test you've been putting off.
your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 11:06 AM
[EvDonald trump smile or laugh? NO I'm talking er see smiling not a grimace.

I see a razor thin difference between their rhetoric and Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS. Get them all riled up to hurt somebody like they did Gabby.
Now is the time to take that vision test you've been putting off.
your making a mountain out of a mole hill.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right, but I've been right so far.
bUT too bad We're never allowed to geT to the bottom of anything with Trump
IT'S ALL IN A FOG TAX RETURNS? NO CAN'T SEE THEM TRUST ME.
BOY IF HILLARY SAID THAT..........

But Trump claims he will solve all the problems quick and easy. dude he can't get a speech from his wife right and his son-in-law owns a NEWSPAPER

johnhannibalsmith
07-20-2016, 11:09 AM
I'm amazed that anyone can suffer through more than a few seconds of any of this. I actually like politics and most of these invigorating speeches compare poorly to sloppy wedding toasts. If Junior was the highlight and I could only take the first few minutes of that, I'm glad I've stuck with the First 48 for ten hours a day instead.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 11:29 AM
yeah I do. that's my bet!!!! dude, a little humor is okay, those eyelashes were ridiculous. She looked like the old playboy bunny drawings in Playboy mag back in the day.

and Ivanka has had surgery, 2x on breast surgery enlarge, then reduce, nose job and chin job, at least it's better than Michael Jackson's.
Eric and Little Don they shoot elephants, I'm done.

Ever see Donald trump smile or laugh? NO I'm talking smiling not a grimace.

You're a guy who reads rags to come up with the Ivanka plastic surgeries? Good Lord, are you in the process of transitioning because that's creepy for a man. She's always been pretty and I've never given a thought to anything more specific than that.

Your last paragraph is loony enough to be use as evidence for involuntary commitment.

Tom
07-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Ridiculous excuse of media we have has spent far more time and effort investigating his wife's speech than they have on Hillary's emails or Benghazi.

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 12:40 PM
Ridiculous excuse of media we have has spent far more time and effort investigating his wife's speech than they have on Hillary's emails or Benghazi.

give them a break I'm 100% confident they rather talk about Tax returns and Trump's Policies , ways and means of getting it done.

But he won't tell us that. we've investigated Hillary and Bill daily for 25 years. we investigated Obama daily for 8 years.

Trump's turn.

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 12:42 PM
You're a guy who reads rags to come up with the Ivanka plastic surgeries? Good Lord, are you in the process of transitioning because that's creepy for a man. She's always been pretty and I've never given a thought to anything more specific than that.

Your last paragraph is loony enough to be use as evidence for involuntary commitment.

First it's the violent rhetoric then comes the killings. always in that order

Clocker
07-20-2016, 01:38 PM

Trump's wife gave a very effective and inspirational speech. It got Hillary voters all concerned about truth and ethics. :D

ElKabong
07-20-2016, 01:40 PM
He never recovered from that "tingle up his leg" from Obama. :D

Speaking of one sided media loons, does anyone ever watch PBS coverage anymore? I do for the entertainment value of watching Shields go bug eyed over pubs calling HRC a liar. He almost had a stroke last night.

Their coverage is embarrassing. As soon as the mother of the killed American took the stage, they took the camera off stage and interviewed someone. You couldn't hear the woman on stage. They show you what they want, if it is deemed not to be advantageous to the dems, they won't show it. Can't believe public funds are used to prop that stuff up

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 01:42 PM
First it's the violent rhetoric then comes the killings. always in that order

You're talkng about BLM? Or Hillary's rhetoric about how dangerous Trump is?

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 02:56 PM
You're talkng about BLM? Or Hillary's rhetoric about how dangerous Trump is?

dude, you bitter Trump supporters know you will lose, else you would be happy.

Hurry quick turn your attention to hating on Kasich now. He had the stones to implicitly give Trump the Middle finger.

Great week for the Libs, don't you think? Trump ruins his convention and Roger "Alfred Hitchcock" Ailes caught harassing blonde women. who da thunk he liked Blondes.

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 03:00 PM
of daddy. Same with Melania. I came for Donald J Trump

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 03:15 PM
dude, you bitter Trump supporters know you will lose, else you would be happy.

Hurry quick turn your attention to hating on Kasich now. He had the stones to implicitly give Trump the Middle finger.

Great week for the Libs, don't you think? Trump ruins his convention and Roger "Alfred Hitchcock" Ailes caught harassing blonde women. who da thunk he liked Blondes.

Want to make a bet on who wins the election?

$500

I've got Trump, you've got the Dem hag.

Whatcha say?

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Want to make a bet on who wins the election?

$500

I've got Trump, you've got the Dem hag.

Whatcha say?

yeah, give it to me and I'll hold it

_______
07-20-2016, 03:59 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/20/melania-trump-speechwriter-admits-mistake-in-lifting-michelle-obama-lines.html

So after wasting roughly 30 of the 96 hours they have to unite Republican's and sell their candidate to undecided voters, the campaign has finally done what they could have easily done as soon as the controversy broke.

A professionally run campaign avoids all of this by vetting the speech beforehand and certainly doesn't waste a day of coverage on pointless denials. Now they can move forward but what a cluster f for the last day and a half. So stupid and so unnecessary.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 04:29 PM
yeah, give it to me and I'll hold it

I take that as a no. I'll be around to feed you crow though.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 04:31 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/20/melania-trump-speechwriter-admits-mistake-in-lifting-michelle-obama-lines.html

So after wasting roughly 30 of the 96 hours they have to unite Republican's and sell their candidate to undecided voters, the campaign has finally done what they could have easily done as soon as the controversy broke.

A professionally run campaign avoids all of this by vetting the speech beforehand and certainly doesn't waste a day of coverage on pointless denials. Now they can move forward but what a cluster f for the last day and a half. So stupid and so unnecessary.

Who cares though?

People keep worrying over trivial crap.

_______
07-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Who cares though?

People keep worrying over trivial crap.

I agree it's trivial. Which makes the denial all the more inexplicable. Why extend the distraction? It's just another lost opportunity.

Conventions serve two purposes. Unite your base and bring on board undecideds. It's looking more and more like a fail on both but there is still tonight and tomorrow. We'll see.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 05:42 PM
I agree it's trivial. Which makes the denial all the more inexplicable. Why extend the distraction? It's just another lost opportunity.

Conventions serve two purposes. Unite your base and bring on board undecideds. It's looking more and more like a fail on both but there is still tonight and tomorrow. We'll see.

Has anyone actually watched a past convention? I think they're trivial as well. The only thing making this one somewhat watchable is Trump. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch Hillary's.

You've been negative on Trump every step of the way, and wrong with every step. No one is going to change their vote over this.

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 05:45 PM

it is a no because there are too many KOOL AID drinkers and she's not as smart as she thinks ( I agree that she was STUPID on the e-mail server). so she could still F it up.

BTW: I never send e-mails at work. NO TRAIL.

_______
07-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Has anyone actually watched a past convention? I think they're trivial as well. The only thing making this one somewhat watchable is Trump. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch Hillary's.

You've been negative on Trump every step of the way, and wrong with every step. No one is going to change their vote over this.

I love how ANY criticism of Trump gets you labeled a hater and wrong every step of the way.

I was in a debate here yesterday in this very thread arguing that the campaign would eventually admit the plagerism to put it behind them and the sooner the better. Was I wrong about that?

Conventions are trivial only if you completely misunderstand their purpose which has evolved far from the original one of selecting candidates. Trump, and many of his supporters, continue to miss the obvious calculus that you need traditional Republican support a lot more than we need you.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 06:47 PM
I love how ANY criticism of Trump gets you labeled a hater and wrong every step of the way.

I was in a debate here yesterday in this very thread arguing that the campaign would eventually admit the plagerism to put it behind them and the sooner the better. Was I wrong about that?

Conventions are trivial only if you completely misunderstand their purpose which has evolved far from the original one of selecting candidates. Trump, and many of his supporters, continue to miss the obvious calculus that you need traditional Republican support a lot more than we need you.

I don't call people haters. It's juvenile.

But you do continue to be wrong about all these things that you think are going to spell doom for Trump's campaign. It should be clear by now that you can't trust your judgment on that matter. It should also be clear that this isn't a normal year where these things matter. We're tired of politicians and are ready to try a businessman, even if Trump may not be our top choice of businessman.

I don't need to understand anything about a convention to know the public would rather get a wisdom tooth pulled than watch a convention, so no, they don't matter except to the diehards who attend the things and whose vote is already secure.

ArlJim78
07-20-2016, 06:54 PM
This is the best convention I've ever seen. the only reason I'm watching is because it's being shown in hi def on att uverse channel 1211, WITH NO COMMENTARY.
It's awesome to actually hear all the speakers and not have the talking heads tell you what is being said.

Trumps family is super impressive.
So far the protesters from the lunatic left have been fairly well behaved.
Only small things like throwing urine bottles and burning the American flag, but thank heavens for once they're not vandalizing businesses, setting fires or shooting up the place.

Clocker
07-20-2016, 06:55 PM
you need traditional Republican support a lot more than we need you.

Are there any traditional Republicans left any more? There are the establishment Republicans who think that a slower rate of growth of tax and spend big government compared to the Democrats is a noble goal. And there are the alt-Republicans who think government is the solution to what they see as the big problems of disappearing 'good' jobs, open borders, and the trade deficit.

The traditional Republicans of small government and fiscal conservatism went extinct somewhere around the time of Goldwater and Reagan.

mostpost
07-20-2016, 07:13 PM
You remember Big Mack,right? Before the 2012 election, he promised to stop posting here if Romney did not win. He kept his word. Here is my idea. If Hillary wins, you stop posting. If The Donald wins, Ebcorde stops posting. Sounds like a win-win to me.

_______
07-20-2016, 07:32 PM
I don't call people haters. It's juvenile.

But you do continue to be wrong about all these things that you think are going to spell doom for Trump's campaign. It should be clear by now that you can't trust your judgment on that matter. It should also be clear that this isn't a normal year where these things matter. We're tired of politicians and are ready to try a businessman, even if Trump may not be our top choice of businessman.

I don't need to understand anything about a convention to know the public would rather get a wisdom tooth pulled than watch a convention, so no, they don't matter except to the diehards who attend the things and whose vote is already secure.

I'm unclear what posts predicting doom for Trump's campaign you are referencing. Since 2/10 when I noted that Trump outperformed his polls in New Hampshire and that I no longer considered him a false favorite, I haven't done anything but talk about what a bad general election candidate he was going to be.

If you can find a post of mine after that positing he would lose the nomination, I'd like to see it. I don't think it exists.

I was on here consoling Tom less than 2 weeks ago when he seemed convinced the fix was in after a judge ruled that party rules had precedence over state law in the Virginia delegate case. I have posted repeatedly that the #NeverTrump movement was still in the denial stage of grief.

By my own count I'm on a pretty good winning streak when it comes to predicting events in this election. The admission of plagerism just the latest.

My error in suggesting that no party would ever nominate someone who failed both tests of party orthodoxy and electibility shouldn't color your perception of what has happened since. I've been in a groove.

_______
07-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Are there any traditional Republicans left any more? There are the establishment Republicans who think that a slower rate of growth of tax and spend big government compared to the Democrats is a noble goal. And there are the alt-Republicans who think government is the solution to what they see as the big problems of disappearing 'good' jobs, open borders, and the trade deficit.

The traditional Republicans of small government and fiscal conservatism went extinct somewhere around the time of Goldwater and Reagan.

However you want to frame establishment Republicans, Trump needs their support a lot more than they need his. From his actions, it's clear he doesn't understand that and I'm sure many here will cross their arms and insist it isn't true (It's a revolution, man!).

But it's way more likely that it is just an election and that the divided party loses. What comes after should be interesting.

rastajenk
07-20-2016, 07:47 PM
You remember Big Mack,right? Before the 2012 election, he promised to stop posting here if Romney did not win. He kept his word. Here is my idea. If Hillary wins, you stop posting. If The Donald wins, Ebcorde stops posting. Sounds like a win-win to me.
Dems are always on board with silencing voices.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm unclear what posts predicting doom for Trump's campaign you are referencing. Since 2/10 when I noted that Trump outperformed his polls in New Hampshire and that I no longer considered him a false favorite, I haven't done anything but talk about what a bad general election candidate he was going to be.

If you can find a post of mine after that positing he would lose the nomination, I'd like to see it. I don't think it exists.

I was on here consoling Tom less than 2 weeks ago when he seemed convinced the fix was in after a judge ruled that party rules had precedence over state law in the Virginia delegate case. I have posted repeatedly that the #NeverTrump movement was still in the denial stage of grief.

By my own count I'm on a pretty good winning streak when it comes to predicting events in this election. The admission of plagerism just the latest.

My error in suggesting that no party would ever nominate someone who failed both tests of party orthodoxy and electibility shouldn't color your perception of what has happened since. I've been in a groove.

If I'm confusing you for someone else, then my mistake.

barn32
07-20-2016, 08:29 PM
God I'm glad we only have to put up with this bullshit every four years.

horses4courses
07-20-2016, 08:32 PM

There will be plenty of folks glad to hear that
I will not post again in PA-OTG should Trump
be heading to the White House.

Said it a while back, and I'll stand by it.
Even more incentive for cons to root for The Donald :lol:

zico20
07-20-2016, 08:44 PM
This is the best convention I've ever seen. the only reason I'm watching is because it's being shown in hi def on att uverse channel 1211, WITH NO COMMENTARY.
It's awesome to actually hear all the speakers and not have the talking heads tell you what is being said.

Trumps family is super impressive.
So far the protesters from the lunatic left have been fairly well behaved.
Only small things like throwing urine bottles and burning the American flag, but thank heavens for once they're not vandalizing businesses, setting fires or shooting up the place.

That wacko woman who was burning the American flag is a member of the Communist Party, according to Geraldo Rivera. Damn, she was one ugly woman, but then again how many hot women are a member of the Communist Party.

NJ Stinks
07-20-2016, 10:17 PM
Cruz is what he is - a man who wants me to vote my conscience! :jump:

Let's see now. We have the Bushes, McCain, and the governor of Ohio all skipping the convention. On the other hand, the Trump kids are still in their Dad's will! ;)

Hmmm....What would John Boehner do? :confused:

barahona44
07-20-2016, 10:57 PM
That wacko woman who was burning the American flag is a member of the Communist Party, according to Geraldo Rivera. Damn, she was one ugly woman, but then again how many hot women are a member of the Communist Party.
Mrs. Trump's dad was a member of the Communist Party in Slovenia, when it was part of
Yugoslavia.Does that count? :)

ArlJim78
07-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Cruz booed off the stage. :lol:
I can't stop laughing. National career now in flames.
To think you're going to come to a partisan event for a big prime time speech, and not be able to be any more committal than "vote your conscience"?
So he has no opinion and no preference to offer?
Why come? oh that's right his huge ego which comes above everything else.
What a loser.

Greyfox
07-21-2016, 01:55 AM
Sons Donald Jr. and Eric gave very polished speeches.
They have a future in politics some day should they choose that path.

Tom
07-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Obviously, Cruz is not a man of his word.

Hey mostie, we will trade you Cruz for.......aw, forget it you can HAVE him.

Tom
07-21-2016, 09:04 AM
The best and brightest of the dnc were on scene as one of the pigs set himself on fire trying to burn an American Flag then set by-standers on fire as they tried to put him out.

Question....would YOU help put this pig's flame out?

Not me - I'd fan the flames and call it global warming.
To bad, he was saved.

_______
07-21-2016, 10:38 AM
When it comes to selling your candidate, boring is good. This convention is turning out to be anything but boring.

It's hard to imagine Trump being able to say anything that saves the day given the disunity on display. I'm beginning to question whether there will be any bounce in polling.

Clinton is currently +3.5 in RCP 4 way polling (Clinton/Trump/Johnson/Green). The average bounce since 1964 has been 6 points so let's just say 5-7. You would normally expect to see Trump leading by 2.5-4.5 following a successful convention. I'm going to say you won't see anything near that.

horses4courses
07-21-2016, 10:42 AM
When it comes to selling your candidate, boring is good. This convention is turning out to be anything but boring.

It's hard to imagine Trump being able to say anything that saves the day given the disunity on display. I'm beginning to question whether there will be any bounce in polling.

Clinton is currently +3.5 in RCP 4 way polling (Clinton/Trump/Johnson/Green). The average bounce since 1964 has been 6 points so let's just say 5-7. You would normally expect to see Trump leading by 2.5-4.5 following a successful convention. I'm going to say you won't see anything near that.

To my surprise, Democrats are getting a favorable bounce
from Cleveland. After next week, it should increase further.

Given the fact that Trump is a mediocre public speaker,
at best, his speech tonight will do little to save the convention.

barahona44
07-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Obviously, Cruz is not a man of his word.

Hey mostie, we will trade you Cruz for.......aw, forget it you can HAVE him.
If we have to take Cruz, you have to take Bernie Sanders.We're willing to throw in Shelia Lee Jackson :)

woodtoo
07-21-2016, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=woodtoo]Brilliant move having L.T. speak without endorsing Trump, their giving him all the rope he needs. Here ya go Teddy do what you want, swing if you wish.
:lol:

Just a SWINGIN. :D

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-21-2016, 10:57 AM
If we have to take Cruz, you have to take Bernie Sanders.We're willing to throw in Shelia Lee Jackson :)

I appreciate Sanders identification of real problems we have. Same goes for Ralph Nader. They have a grasp on the problems.

It is their far left solutions that would destroy this country even more if implemented.

Inner Dirt
07-21-2016, 11:09 AM
I appreciate Sanders identification of real problems we have. Same goes for Ralph Nader. They have a grasp on the problems.

It is their far left solutions that would destroy this country even more if implemented.

Agreed, yet I believe Bernie is sincere and honest, he is the same guy whether the cameras are rolling or not, that isn't a trait many politicians from either side have. I actually can stand to hear him speak, unlike when Obama or the hag hit the tube which causes me to shout obscenities and change the channel.

Tom
07-21-2016, 12:34 PM
The best and brightest of the dnc were on scene as one of the pigs set himself on fire trying to burn an American Flag then set by-standers on fire as they tried to put him out.

Question....would YOU help put this pig's flame out?

Not me - I'd fan the flames and call it global warming.
To bad, he was saved.

Just saw some video - the guy is fighting the cop, who is trying to grab him and he yells at the guy "YOU'RE ON FIRE, STUPID!" :lol::lol::lol:

ElKabong
07-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Cruz is what he is - a man who wants me to vote my conscience! :jump:

Let's see now. We have the Bushes, McCain, and the governor of Ohio all skipping the convention. On the other hand, the Trump kids are still in their Dad's will! ;)

Hmmm....What would John Boehner do? :confused:

I think we're about to see a history lesson. If you go Scorched Earth on your in-party opponents during the campaign, can you win the GE?

We'll see.

If DT is elected (there's a chance albeit not a good one), no one in DC is going to work with him to get anything done. That includes "the wall" or any number of ambiguous promises made the past 6 months.

If you guys put anything up other than HRC, you'd have a slam dunk here

Tom
07-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Hmmm....What would John Boehner do?

Cry like a baby, then roll over and give Obama everything he wants.
Like a man with no balls would do.