PDA

View Full Version : Ban EMD4ME or not (poll)

Pensacola Pete
07-18-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm tired of this loser (EMD4ME) shitting on everybody's threads for his own pleasure. It's fine for Off Topic: this is about the same as the guys stopping off at the bar on the way home from work. In my opinion, it isn't fine for the rest of the forum. Your views may differ.

It's not enough to block this person. I still see 70% of his bullshit because people quote him. I'm tired of viewing it, and I've stated that I won't post anywhere except Off Topic until he's banned. He's been doing it for a long time, and nothing ever gets done. Difference of opinion is one thing. Flaming and taunting people is bullshit on what's supposed to be a professional forum.

EMD4ME
07-18-2016, 07:33 PM
"Just like another "discreditor" on this board--the strongest aspect of YOUR PROGRAM seems to be REDBOARDING. Either post some selections in advance--or back off while we are still friends. "

NCG

You are 100% correct. Flaming and Taunting should be punished.

It's sad but NCG should go ;) :D (not serious, making a point. get your facts straight please)

NorCalGreg
07-18-2016, 07:37 PM
If you had any idea how much it costs to advertise on here YOU wouldn't appreciate someone coming onto the thread and bashing your product---hit the bricks

zico20
07-18-2016, 07:39 PM
I voted no. I like him and enjoy reading his posts. :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
07-18-2016, 07:43 PM
If you had any idea how much it costs to advertise on here YOU wouldn't appreciate someone coming onto the thread and bashing your product---hit the bricks

I respected your posts, software and humor UNTIL you constantly attacked selfishly, passively and without cause.

YOU brought me up in your thread. I simply responded.

Can't hate me for that. Next time, don't bring me up in that fashion.

Also, are you saying because you're an advertiser, that you're allowed to take a poop on people?

Finally, just because the questions asked of you are legitimate, doesn't mean you should question THEIR motivations.

What's the matter? Are you self conscious about your motivations being exposed? I got news for ya, the real players see right through ya. ;)

thaskalos
07-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Ban EMD4ME...and the per capita racetrack income of this board drops by 75%.

classhandicapper
07-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Ban him? No way. He's one of the sharpest guys here....even if he plays too many horses that get straggled by jockeys. ;)

NorCalGreg
07-18-2016, 07:58 PM
I respected your posts, software and humor UNTIL you constantly attacked selfishly, passively and without cause.

YOU brought me up in your thread. I simply responded.

Can't hate me for that. Next time, don't bring me up in that fashion.

Also, are you saying because you're an advertiser, that you're allowed to take a poop on people?

Finally, just because the questions asked of you are legitimate, doesn't mean you should question THEIR motivations.

What's the matter? Are you self conscious about your motivations being exposed? I got news for ya, the real players see right through ya. ;)

"Just like another "discreditor" on this board--the strongest aspect of YOUR PROGRAM seems to be REDBOARDING. Either post some selections in advance--or back off while we are still friends. "

If THIS is what you call "bring you up" and "taking a poop" on people---you need to up your meds, son.

RunForTheRoses
07-18-2016, 08:21 PM
I'm not going to vote on it, its ultimately up to PA Mike but I have absolutely no problem with his posts, he may be a bit over the top (are those the words?) but you can always ignore. I think he brings something to the board.

JustRalph
07-18-2016, 08:35 PM
No

horses4courses
07-18-2016, 08:38 PM
What is this - a democracy? ;)

Shemp Howard
07-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Unless profanity is involved, no one should ever be banned for expressing an opinion.

proximity
07-18-2016, 08:49 PM
he should stay out of pace view threads, but BANNED?

i have to vote no.

lamboguy
07-18-2016, 09:03 PM
no, great poster

boxcar
07-18-2016, 09:03 PM
This thread is fun. I wanna vote. My vote is....(drum roll please)...MAYBE.

ReplayRandall
07-18-2016, 09:07 PM
There are TWO people that should be banned from PA. IMO, neither of those posters is EMD4ME.....You got a problem with him, work it out in private.

MutuelClerk
07-18-2016, 09:08 PM
No.

Bring back SRU.

Inner Dirt
07-18-2016, 09:31 PM
I voted no. If the vote goes against the OP he should ban himself.

reckless
07-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Not at all. Do not ban EMD4me.

Clocker
07-18-2016, 09:40 PM
Where's the option that these guys should meet behind the gym during recess and settle it there?

Redboard
07-18-2016, 09:42 PM
EMD4ME is a horse player, fan and lover of the game. I say make him a moderator.

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2016, 11:52 PM
I've been on vacation...a lot has happened I see... :lol:

I won't vote in this thread, but glad to see that NO is winning...I never had any intention of banning EMD once I learned he was legit...and that was a while ago...

But really...he should stay out of the Pace-View threads. I read that whole thing and I still can't really see where NCG wrote anything about EMD that warranted EMD's fairly vicious replies...

Robert Fischer
07-19-2016, 12:07 AM
EMD4ME is one of my favorite posters on here.

Admittedly I haven't been following every one of his posts, and I'm sure that like any opinionated person, there will be some disagreements.

Seems like that stuff has already been addressed by PA.

vote = No

Zaf
07-19-2016, 12:10 AM
he should stay out of pace view threads, but BANNED?

i have to vote no.

Agree, Pace View is a no brainer for the price, NCG put a lot of work into it and he supports this board so all of us can enjoy this forum free of charge.

Z

NorCalGreg
07-19-2016, 01:56 AM
I SAY BAN HIM TO THE FIRES OF HELL !!!!!

failing that...please stay out mah thread dude

EMD4ME
07-19-2016, 06:07 AM
I SAY BAN HIM TO THE FIRES OF HELL !!!!!

failing that...please stay out mah thread dude

Since our last "serious discussion" in , as you say, mah thread , I have made it a point to never even mention you or your product directly or indirectly.

You sir, brought me up (called me discredited and that my main highlight is redboarding) while you were being nasty to Light.

What did you expect me to do? Keep quiet? You brought this upon yourself...

Now, with that said. I have no problem not entering those threads. I have no problem , never interacting with you. So if you'd like that to happen (like it was happening) , just be a professional and never reference me again.

EMD4ME
07-19-2016, 06:16 AM
To each and every poster who sees what my character is about, voted no and took a second to post, THANK YOU.

Pensacola Pete, you started the thread, voted yes and stated why. I can respect that.

To the ones who voted yes with no posts/words. Thank god I wasn't born with your level of class. At least put your name to the vote of yes.

P.S. I also vote for SRU to be brought back. Annoying sometimes? Maybe but he is a huge part of this place's soul.

NorCalGreg
07-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Since our last "serious discussion" in , as you say, mah thread , I have made it a point to never even mention you or your product directly or indirectly.

You sir, brought me up (called me discredited and that my main highlight is redboarding) while you were being nasty to Light.

What did you expect me to do? Keep quiet? You brought this upon yourself...

Now, with that said. I have no problem not entering those threads. I have no problem , never interacting with you. So if you'd like that to happen (like it was happening) , just be a professional and never reference me again.

You got it, tough guy..dont scare me with the North Carolina Gang

Tom
07-19-2016, 07:27 AM
NO.

Ban him yourself - put him on Ignore if your don't like his posts.

Pensacola Pete
07-19-2016, 10:34 AM
I've been on vacation...a lot has happened I see... :lol:

I won't vote in this thread, but glad to see that NO is winning...I never had any intention of banning EMD once I learned he was legit...and that was a while ago...

But really...he should stay out of the Pace-View threads. I read that whole thing and I still can't really see where NCG wrote anything about EMD that warranted EMD's fairly vicious replies...

Then you're saying that as long as one makes money, one can berate people and troll endlessly. That's wrong on many levels, but it's your forum, and if it drives up forum views, I suppose it's a good business strategy.

johnhannibalsmith
07-19-2016, 10:41 AM
Berate people? A bit overly defensive, I'd say. But it isn't hard to understand when he's a lightning rod - somewhat self-inflicted - for getting kicked in the teeth himself. I've argued with him (amazingly, on-topic and without the bullshit) as much as anyone. When it ventures into the silly personal stuff (I made $787,000, no you didn't, yes I did, you're a troll, no you're the troll, etc, etc, etc.) I steer clear of it. Seems like a viable strategy thus far and requires no polls nor any referendums on membership status.

barahona44
07-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Ban the Bomb
Ban people who handicap while standing at the self betting machines.
Ban Rollon deodorant.

But don't ban the Emerald Man

GameTheory
07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
If I were running things, I'd be a banning fool, banning right and left, but not EMD4ME. He's fine, fighting the good the fight.

BUT since I haven't finished my coffee, I just had a brain cramp and accidentally voted yes in the poll (I was thinking "Keep Him Yes or No" instead of ban him yes or no). So please mentally switch my vote when looking at the results.

EMD4ME
07-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Berate people? A bit overly defensive, I'd say. But it isn't hard to understand when he's a lightning rod - somewhat self-inflicted - for getting kicked in the teeth himself. I've argued with him (amazingly, on-topic and without the bullshit) as much as anyone. When it ventures into the silly personal stuff (I made $787,000, no you didn't, yes I did, you're a troll, no you're the troll, etc, etc, etc.) I steer clear of it. Seems like a viable strategy thus far and requires no polls nor any referendums on membership status.

I was hoping this thread was closed already but since it's not, it gives me the chance to respond.

Spot on JHB.

I'll say this. Every single one of my "arguments" on here were initiated by people who somehow attacked my credibility. My character is my everything, so I will defend myself when applicable.

You and I get along great because we discuss topics. No personal attacks giveth or taketh. I have zero problem ever agreeing to disagree. Have done so with countless people on here. It's when snide remarks are made that I give what people give.

Anyway, I chose not to VOTE LOL. Figured, I didn't want to taint the results with a biased opinion. :lol:

Now I will (especially since 1 person voted the wrong away-that's cool, crap happens) make my vote LOL.

Thanks again JHB for the direct feedback. That's what I like about you.

ReplayRandall
07-19-2016, 10:58 PM
I was hoping this thread was closed already but since it's not, it gives me the chance to respond.

Spot on JHB.

I'll say this. Every single one of my "arguments" on here were initiated by people who somehow attacked my credibility. My character is my everything, so I will defend myself when applicable.

You and I get along great because we discuss topics. No personal attacks giveth or taketh. I have zero problem ever agreeing to disagree. Have done so with countless people on here. It's when snide remarks are made that I give what people give.

Anyway, I chose not to VOTE LOL. Figured, I didn't want to taint the results with a biased opinion. :lol:

Now I will (especially since 1 person voted the wrong away-that's cool, crap happens) make my vote LOL.

Thanks again JHB for the direct feedback. That's what I like about you.

Now that you've spit-shined one of JHS's ass-cheeks, go get your shine-box and buff the other side to high gloss....ya know, like frickin' mirrors...:cool:

thaskalos
07-19-2016, 11:14 PM
Now that you've spit-shined one of JHS's ass-cheeks, go get your shine-box and buff the other side to high gloss....ya know, like frickin' mirrors...:cool:

Cut him some slack; he needs friends these days. :)

johnhannibalsmith
07-20-2016, 01:59 AM

I will respectfully request that EMD not get anywhere near my ass cheeks, particularly if spit is involved.

:lol:

thaskalos
07-20-2016, 02:50 AM
I will respectfully request that EMD not get anywhere near my ass cheeks, particularly if spit is involved.

:lol:

It's never a good idea to let a Greek get too close to your ass cheeks.

EMD4ME
07-20-2016, 06:29 AM
You guys are blanken hilarious. Welcome back RR. I missed you
Thaskalos I already welcomed you back in another thread but I'll say it again, you were sorely missed.

JHB , let's go back disagreeing on stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

RichieP
07-20-2016, 06:49 AM
No

RunForTheRoses
07-20-2016, 07:39 AM
It's never a good idea to let a Greek get too close to your ass cheeks.

Thanks for the practical advise and love the Gurdjieff pic, wonder how good he was at picking the ponies.

ebcorde
07-20-2016, 01:43 PM

he did? :lol: sorry had to laugh. I have not yet used it because my paypal account was hacked last fall, same time I started my VPN service. I'd like to read it because he was funny, by the large amount of responses, obviously he was a good read. No worries, You're Horse racing logic is good with me

I find it hard posting picks because I only use my top COMPUTER pick a few times, The value can be 2nd ,3rd or lower pick.

jahura2
07-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Ban him? No way. He's one of the sharpest guys here....even if he plays too many horses that get straggled by jockeys. ;)

Ban Him? Definitely not. He has prompted me to do 2 things.
1. Work Harder at watching replays
2. Bet Emerald
Those 2 alone are enough for me to vote no.

EMD4ME
07-20-2016, 03:08 PM
You're making me blanken blush! Hard to do a 230 pound guy.

So tell me honestly, how do you like Emerald?

Valuist
07-20-2016, 03:13 PM

Are you saying he likes to bet grass races in New York?

EMD4ME
07-20-2016, 06:15 PM
No.

Bring back SRU.

SRU e-mailed me and said a "sincere" thank you for the thought.

I second your nomination :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
07-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Just like in politics, I will work to stay apathetic and fall on the "No" side.

Dave

PS: I do like Emerald Downs. (You aren't really Fraser Rawlinson, are you?)

PhantomOnTour
07-20-2016, 06:27 PM
Can we start a new poll?

Do you find this thread to be:

___ in bad taste, or

___ in very bad taste

Please check the appropriate box

EMD4ME
07-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Just like in politics, I will work to stay apathetic and fall on the "No" side.

Dave

PS: I do like Emerald Downs. (You aren't really Fraser Rawlinson, are you?)

Dave, I appreciate the compliment but I am not. I am just a simple guy who adores the mental stimulation of this game :ThmbUp:

Steve 'StatMan'
07-20-2016, 08:53 PM
The Ignore button/list is your friend/sanity protector. Reminds me immediately not to be among the first to read initial posts. Then, when comments are quoted, if I feel like reading/getting involved, I might. And you can always remove people from that list just as easily, or view the single post if you want to.

NorCalGreg
07-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Can we start a new poll?

___ in bad taste, or

___ in very bad taste

not at all...especially since EMD was in no danger of actually being banned.

What I thought was in extremely POOR TASTE...was when SRU was banned, while the body was still warm--so to speak--and you viciously tearing him a new one---now THAT was poor taste.

You ever get fired from a job...and the boss takes a parting shot a you, on the way out? I have...I was a shitty employee and deserved to be fired----but not that final insult.

PhantomOnTour
07-20-2016, 10:40 PM
not at all...especially since EMD was in no danger of actually being banned.

What I thought was in extremely POOR TASTE...was when SRU was banned, while the body was still warm--so to speak--and you viciously tearing him a new one---now THAT was poor taste.

You ever get fired from a job...and the boss takes a parting shot a you, on the way out? I have...I was a shitty employee and deserved to be fired----but not that final insult.
Say what ?

NorCalGreg
07-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Say what ?

Disregard---that didn't have anything to do with this.

Dave Schwartz
07-20-2016, 11:44 PM
Dave, I appreciate the compliment but I am not. I am just a simple guy who adores the mental stimulation of this game

I tried to send you a message about Fraser but your box is full.

upthecreek
07-21-2016, 05:36 AM
Can we start a new poll?

___ in bad taste, or

___ in very bad taste

Neither I thought it was warranted.

EMD4ME
07-21-2016, 06:24 AM
So sorry about that Dave. Problem fixed now.

jahura2
07-21-2016, 08:01 AM
You're making me blanken blush! Hard to do a 230 pound guy.

So tell me honestly, how do you like Emerald?

Especially love the post time, gives me opportunities to play later in the day and not conflict with work hours. I am a much smaller bettor than you, EMD seems to run pretty true to form. I Generally stick to the big tracks and big days but for me EMD has been a great recreational find.
It had been awhile(old Latonia) since I played 2500 claimers so I proceed cautiously until I get to know the place better. I love being able to play a track late in the day.

EMD4ME
07-21-2016, 08:41 AM
Being an 8-6er M-F, I feel the same way. Very logical but not chalky this year. Bigger fields. Nice video feed too. They have a great product.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-21-2016, 11:09 AM
I'm big in to freedom of speech.

charm city whizz
07-21-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm tired of this loser (EMD4ME) shitting on everybody's threads for his own pleasure. It's fine for Off Topic: this is about the same as the guys stopping off at the bar on the way home from work. In my opinion, it isn't fine for the rest of the forum. Your views may differ.

It's not enough to block this person. I still see 70% of his bullshit because people quote him. I'm tired of viewing it, and I've stated that I won't post anywhere except Off Topic until he's banned. He's been doing it for a long time, and nothing ever gets done. Difference of opinion is one thing. Flaming and taunting people is bullshit on what's supposed to be a professional forum.

What a joke this post is......bottom line if there was 200k EMD4ME out there maybe these tracks wouldn't be empty every day of the week, guy is a great horse player that doesn't care about tue glitz and glamour of the big tracks and just hammers the small ones, don't be jelous about that

when I had a Health scare earlier in year 5 minutes after I posted that on the forum EMD4ME Sent me a phone text wishing me well and had me on the floor laughing talking about old school jersey and Yonkers racing stories

EMD4ME as good a person this board has

EMD4ME
07-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Thanks Charm City....

Sorry I couldn't meet up that weekend. I'm limited in what I can do now with my mom's situation.

If you're ever at Bel or AQU hit me up!

Hope you're doing well healthwise and horsewise!

CincyHorseplayer
07-22-2016, 04:15 AM
EMD you don't know me. You know the game I can see it in your posts and you are enough of a pain in the ass to others that makes you enjoyable so a No vote over here!

EMD4ME
07-22-2016, 09:59 PM
EMD you don't know me. You know the game I can see it in your posts and you are enough of a pain in the ass to others that makes you enjoyable so a No vote over here!

From what I hear, you're a true horsie man, like me! Keep it up Cincy! Thanks

HuggingTheRail
07-23-2016, 08:04 PM
I tried to send you a message about Fraser but your box is full.

Is Fraser at EMD now (or living in Seattle?), I haven't seen him at Hastings for awhile....

PS - Voted NOOOOOOO

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2016, 03:54 PM
I closed the poll. It's a waste of time anyway. EMD isn't going anywhere...unless he pulls a thaskalos.

tucker6
07-24-2016, 04:15 PM
I closed the poll. It's a waste of time anyway. EMD isn't going anywhere...unless he pulls a thaskalos.
Thaskalos is back.

iceknight
07-24-2016, 04:20 PM
I donn't like lot of EMD's posts and I have my own private opinions of those.. but heck no.. No reason to ban him. Just ignore him. And if you dont want to read his posts.. write a computer program to filter out posts that quote him.

EMD4ME
07-24-2016, 05:47 PM
I donn't like lot of EMD's posts and I have my own private opinions of those.. but heck no.. No reason to ban him. Just ignore him. And if you dont want to read his posts.. write a computer program to filter out posts that quote him.

I'm all ears. Always open to improving as a human. I'm respectfully all ears. If you'd like, PM me your criticism.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Thaskalos is back.I know, but he left on his own. That was my point.