PDA

View Full Version : % of wins for speed figures on dirt vs artificial

jasperson
07-18-2016, 09:42 AM
I quit updating my database in 1993 so I don't have any figures on % of wins for speed figures on dirt vs artificial. I suspect that the %wins are lower for the artificial track. Has anyone with a big database run these number? Also I suspect the effect of early pace is different on route races. I don't play the artificial track because of the above reason.

Dave Schwartz
07-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Although there is a track-specific exception, my metrics indicate that they are just about the same.

The exception is Keeneland, and even that one is not that low.

biggestal99
07-18-2016, 02:27 PM
I quit updating my database in 1993 so I don't have any figures on % of wins for speed figures on dirt vs artificial. I suspect that the %wins are lower for the artificial track. Has anyone with a big database run these number? Also I suspect the effect of early pace is different on route races. I don't play the artificial track because of the above reason.

I use a pace software at Woodbine. very little difference from a dirt track that I also play (Monmouth)

Allan

jasperson
07-18-2016, 03:00 PM
I use a pace software at Woodbine. very little difference from a dirt track that I also play (Monmouth)

Allan
Thanks, I thought that since Woodbine favored (favoured) closers that there would be a difference.
Jack

jasperson
07-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Although there is a track-specific exception, my metrics indicate that they are just about the same.

The exception is Keeneland, and even that one is not that low.
Thanks Dave