PDA

View Full Version : If you can't win on your own ethically....

Secretariat
07-09-2004, 11:09 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1963&e=10&u=/ap/20040709/ap_on_el_pr/nader_petitions

Tom
07-09-2004, 11:11 AM
You are against having multiple choices for the people of Michigan? I thought you guys only tried to prevent soliers from voting? Branching out htis year?

chickenhead
07-09-2004, 11:14 AM
if the democrats want to quit losing votes to Nader, rather than going to court to stop him, they should go out and help him, get him on the ballot, welcome him to the debate, let independent voters at least think they care about them...that might be a good first step.

Think outside of the box!

Speaking as an indepedent, nothing pisses me off more than the.."A vote for X is a vote for Y" line.....Democrats do not OWN anyone's vote. Choices are GOOD for a democracy. My odds of voting for a democrat are inversly proportional to the amount of times I hear democrats utter that line......

Secretariat
07-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Couldn't agree more Chickenhead. So true independents go out and get more on the ballot. Having the GOP round up votes for Nader is the like the DNC trying to Get David Dukes and the Klan on the ticket.

Tom
07-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Gee Sec, the GOP is just following the lead of the DNC....they, too want to be pro-choice. LEt the people have the ability to vote for anyone they want to. You are against this idea of freedom of choice?

JustRalph
07-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Don't forget about the Dems handing out Free Cartons of Cigarettes in the "Minority Neigborhoods" if they get on the "voting bus"

Oh yeah........they don't get their free carton until after they vote and "take a survey" about voting.