PDA

View Full Version : Officers Shot in Baton Rouge

PhantomOnTour
07-17-2016, 11:17 AM
Still an ongoing situation. Reports are that several offices have been struck in a gun fight.
A man in a black mask began shooting - not sure if the officers were the target but some have been hit.

I'm literally in my office about to open for Sunday brunch and I can barely type these words... :(

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 12:06 PM
I hope Obama and his minions including that moron Sharpton are happy at the climate they nurtured in the past 8 years. Yes, their are some rogue cops out there, but a miniscule fraction compared to the brave men and women who protect us from the line of civilization. Looks like this is going to come down to a 'war' of some sorts where everyone loses in some shape or form. Very sad, but predictable when you have an anti-American president.

JustRalph
07-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Don't worry Obama will invite BLM leaders to the White House to get to the bottom of this right away

Inner Dirt
07-17-2016, 12:31 PM
I hope Obama and his minions including that moron Sharpton are happy at the climate they nurtured in the past 8 years. Yes, their are some rogue cops out there, but a miniscule fraction compared to the brave men and women who protect us from the line of civilization. Looks like this is going to come down to a 'war' of some sorts where everyone loses in some shape or form. Very sad, but predictable when you have an anti-American president.

You forgot to add divisive-racist.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 12:35 PM
You forgot to add divisive-racist.

It's mind boggling to think that a portion of Americans will actually support these savage animals with the old rhetoric of oppressed etc. sickening and I grieve for the families of these brave officers who have to make sense of these mindless actions.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Black Lives Matters is as much an enemy of the United States as ISIS and al Qaeda.

I wish I could find the exact quote by President Obama, but I saw him say on TV that 'white people are trained at a young age to fear the black man' and more racist rhetoric. It is unfortunate that his white mother did not share his racist beliefs. If so, a racist movement like Black Lives Matter would not be supported and the current nightmare would never have happened.

We learned of his openly racist tendencies when he defended a black professor against a white policeman in Massachusetts before he had any facts. When he finally learned the truth, he invited them both to the White House for a beer.

But his blatant racism does not end there. Time and again he sides with black men BEFORE he has any facts -- and that was the seed for the evil Black Lives Matter group.

lamboguy
07-17-2016, 12:41 PM
we are getting our asses plucked from all over. this is probably worse than the Al Qaeda and Isis because i know that Trump will take care of the Muslim Terrorist's once he gets in. to stop killing police officers from inside this country is another story altogether and even worse than the suicide rats because there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Clocker
07-17-2016, 12:41 PM
Three officers dead, three wounded. Latest report is one 'suspect' dead, possibly 2 others at large.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/ (http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/)

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Obama is thinking one of to two things about this:

1. "I had nothing to do with this, as I'm never wrong in anything I do or say."

2. "Great! It has long been my intention to radically change this white country that I despise, and chaos and bloodshed is the natural result of my plan in effect."

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 12:52 PM

2. "Great! It has long been my intention to radically change this white country that I despise, and chaos and bloodshed is the natural result of my plan in effect."

SPOT ON !!!!!!

RunForTheRoses
07-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Some are celebrating this:

https://twitter.com/Bahteezy/status/754699283732041728

https://twitter.com/ammateri/status/754693128062373888

This was from 5 days ago:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alton-sterling-alleged-plot-to-kill-baton-rouge-police-foiled/

Bob Grant used to say its sick and getting sicker out there but this is beyond that. He also used to say a significant part of black America has declared war on White America and he was right about that.
http://www.bobgrantonline.com/

Clocker
07-17-2016, 01:08 PM
The Baton Rouge police and the ATF staged a raid last week to break up a plot for this kind of attack.

https://thehayride.com/2016/07/breaking-baton-rouge-police-and-atf-disrupt-planned-attack-against-police-officers/ (https://thehayride.com/2016/07/breaking-baton-rouge-police-and-atf-disrupt-planned-attack-against-police-officers/)

RunForTheRoses
07-17-2016, 01:16 PM
The ironic thing is that the long term effect of this will be black lives mattering less. We'll see the Ferguson effect on steroids. More blacks will die. People will avoid these areas and commerce will be impacted.
Now, some fools will say we need a Marshall Plan for black America but after 50 years of AA, Great Society Goodies and a multi-trillion debt I'm not sure this will be doable, although you never know, President Hilary may give it a go.

horses4courses
07-17-2016, 01:18 PM
we are getting our asses plucked from all over. this is probably worse than the Al Qaeda and Isis because i know that Trump will take care of the Muslim Terrorist's once he gets in. to stop killing police officers from inside this country is another story altogether and even worse than the suicide rats because there is nothing you can do to stop them.

If Trump becomes president, attacks will get worse.
From all sorts of angles.

Trump supporters like to think he can back up his brash talk.
He will have no idea how to cope,
and start relying on others to take measures.

It's pretty obvious that he doesn't like relying on others.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 01:20 PM
This tragic ambush has to be a defining point for a choice among Americans
as to "where you stand'!!!We are talking about murdering Police Officers with racial intent and this despicable act has been coordinated by the actions of this administration.

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 01:22 PM

Yes, he'll put Giulliani in place to clean up the mess, something like that, and you somehow think Trump would be incompetent in this matter after seeing how competent Obama and Hillary have been.

chrisl
07-17-2016, 01:22 PM
It is very obvious that the POTUS does not have any clue on what is happening either. Your statement about Trump is a guess. Mine is about the realistic fact happening right now. I try to live in the world of facts, not opinions or off the ass guess. Good luck

davew
07-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Don't worry Obama will invite BLM leaders to the White House to get to the bottom of this right away

those are strategy meetings

Inner Dirt
07-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Black Lives Matters is as much an enemy of the United States as ISIS and al Qaeda.

I wish I could find the exact quote by President Obama, but I saw him say on TV that 'white people are trained at a young age to fear the black man' and more racist rhetoric. It is unfortunate that his white mother did not share his racist beliefs. If so, a racist movement like Black Lives Matter would not be supported and the current nightmare would never have happened.

We learned of his openly racist tendencies when he defended a black professor against a white policeman in Massachusetts before he had any facts. When he finally learned the truth, he invited them both to the White House for a beer.

But his blatant racism does not end there. Time and again he sides with black men BEFORE he has any facts -- and that was the seed for the evil Black Lives Matter group.

That is only one example, he does that with great frequency, sides with the black guy by default, then when it is latter learned the black guy was in the wrong he says nothing. As others have said he has set race relations back 50 years. By far the worst president we have had in the 55 years I have been alive.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 01:33 PM
There is a lot of blame to go around in his matter including our elected Republicans sitting on their asses and allowing this Obama to run wild with his actions all for the political correct motive....sickening the whole scenario.

Valuist
07-17-2016, 01:43 PM
You wonder how close we are to a civil war.

OntheRail
07-17-2016, 01:45 PM

First My Condolences to the Families who Lost A Loved One... due to Obama's divisive rederick. Shame on him of setting race relations back 50 years and open boarder policy allows foreign actors in who plan to do us harm.

Now... when Trump becomes President.. those that attack the US will get a swift response.. with consequences on par with the crimes be it Domestic or Foreign Terrorist. His DOJ will not turn a blind eye.

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 02:07 PM
It is very obvious that the POTUS does not have any clue on what is happening either. Your statement about Trump is a guess. Mine is about the realistic fact happening right now. I try to live in the world of facts, not opinions or off the ass guess. Good luck

Who the hell are you? You haven't posted anything, much less "facts", in this thread. How many screennames do you have, Horses?

JustRalph
07-17-2016, 02:08 PM
You wonder how close we are to a civil war.

Never happen. We live way too comfortable lives to step out

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 02:12 PM
There is a lot of blame to go around in his matter including our elected Republicans sitting on their asses and allowing this Obama to run wild with his actions all for the political correct motive....sickening the whole scenario.

As a black man, Obama has had an opportunity never before provided to a black man and the black community. He didn't just blow it, he did the absolute worst with his opportunity that a man can do.

This guy is supposedly brilliant. Either that is bullshit and he's not smart at all or this is all what he's orchestrating as best he can. Which is it?

JustRalph
07-17-2016, 02:15 PM
Let's hope this Baton Rouge thing is not BLM related.

But the ambush scenario is a huge question

Valuist
07-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Never happen. We live way too comfortable lives to step out

So if the BLM just keeps going on killing white cops, they don't worry because "whitey" will never strike back? What about the white supremacists? What about those who's lives AREN'T that comfortable? I don't know if it will or not, but words like "never happen" have a way of being wrong.

horses4courses
07-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Let's hope this Baton Rouge thing is not BLM related.

But the ambush scenario is a huge question

Has to be likely that it is BLM related,
or at least some sympathizer(s).

The BLM movement is heading the wrong way - fast.
They need to publicly condemn acts like this.
Everyone loses.

horses4courses
07-17-2016, 02:23 PM
How many screennames do you have, Horses?

Seems like it's time for your meds..... :rolleyes:

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 02:30 PM
As a black man, Obama has had an opportunity never before provided to a black man and the black community. He didn't just blow it, he did the absolute worst with his opportunity that a man can do.

This guy is supposedly brilliant. Either that is bullshit and he's not smart at all or this is all what he's orchestrating as best he can. Which is it?

Tough question: I have to believe he has his hands on this as he has had too many opportunities in the past 8 years to make a sincere public stance against his own kind ( haven't seen one yet)

lamboguy
07-17-2016, 02:31 PM
the great Roman Empire crumbled from within, there is a very strong correlation now here.

you can't go all over the world killing the radical islamist, you have to capture them and keep them alive, they all want to die and get next to Allah. you have to keep them away from Allah. if you do that they will stop terrorizing you. keep in mind that Allah will not accept terrorists that have destroyed their bodies by putting pork in them. the ones that have the pork get no virgins and are kept far away from Allah. also notice how the head terrorist never blows himself up, he gets the suckers to do his dirty work and eventually he makes it upstairs to be with Allah.

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Seems like it's time for your meds..... :rolleyes:

I don't think so. I respond to you, and then "chrisl" responds as if he's you.

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 02:38 PM
the great Roman Empire crumbled from within, there is a very strong correlation now here.

you can't go all over the world killing the radical islamist, you have to capture them and keep them alive, they all want to die and get next to Allah. you have to keep them away from Allah. if you do that they will stop terrorizing you. keep in mind that Allah will not accept terrorists that have destroyed their bodies by putting pork in them. the ones that have the pork get no virgins and are kept far away from Allah. also notice how the head terrorist never blows himself up, he gets the suckers to do his dirty work and eventually he makes it upstairs to be with Allah.

Ok, we need to feed these guys pork somehow. What's the deal with offering virgins anyway? So their lovers won't know how inept they are?

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 02:43 PM
We need strength from within. A president that is not afraid to do the task at hand and call it a war that it is. This country has a durability that has brought itself through countless events that tested our wills. The Obama time will go down as a failed attempt on our republic and it will only make us stronger provided Trump can give us the leadership and strength that we once had.

boxcar
07-17-2016, 02:56 PM

Yup, he said that before he was even president. He said he wanted to radically transform the face of America. We're witnessing him doing just that.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Would love to see our elected officials make a stand together and stand by our police...let this president know these men and women matter to the citizens of this country. though I am sue the dictator would have to give a speech and spread more of his rhetoric and ideology on we the un knowing.

boxcar
07-17-2016, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=lamboguy]the great Roman Empire crumbled from within, there is a very strong correlation now here.

you can't go all over the world killing the radical islamist, you have to capture them and keep them alive, they all want to die and get next to Allah. you have to keep them away from Allah. if you do that they will stop terrorizing you. keep in mind that Allah will not accept terrorists that have destroyed their bodies by putting pork in them. the ones that have the pork get no virgins and are kept far away from Allah. also notice how the head terrorist never blows himself up, he gets the suckers to do his dirty work and eventually he makes it upstairs to be with Allah.[/QUOTE

Now there's an idea. I like it Lamby. All we have to do is "spike" the water supplies of all Muslim countries and then at the opportune time---break the bad news to them and prove to them they have been sippin' the pork gravy for the last several months. That would send their heads into an orbit. :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
07-17-2016, 03:09 PM
So if the BLM just keeps going on killing white cops, they don't worry because "whitey" will never strike back? What about the white supremacists? What about those who's lives AREN'T that comfortable? I don't know if it will or not, but words like "never happen" have a way of being wrong.

Never happen. At least in any significant size. Look what happen in the northwest recently. Feds murdered that guy as a message. And nobody cares. NOBODY

highnote
07-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Just read this quote on HuffPost from an eyewitness:

"One witness says men were shooting at each other in a parking lot and “it turned into a gun battle” when police showed up."

Drug deal gone bad?

ElKabong
07-17-2016, 04:25 PM
Prayers out those in Baton Rouge. Terrible tragedy.

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Just read this quote on HuffPost from an eyewitness:

"One witness says men were shooting at each other in a parking lot and “it turned into a gun battle” when police showed up."

Drug deal gone bad?

They just had a press conference. I'd think that would've been mentioned had it happened.

JustRalph
07-17-2016, 04:31 PM
If this was just one guy, I question tactics

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Here we go again: POS states "We don't know the motives of the killer."

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Here we go again: POS states "We don't know the motives of the killer."

He really must think we are a pack of idiots, (or), he simply cannot change his beliefs, either way very sorry situation.

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 05:14 PM
He really must think we are a pack of idiots, (or), he simply cannot change his beliefs, either way very sorry situation.

He also cautioned about "overheated rhetoric" going into the convention, and how we shouldn't throw around baseless accusations, etc. What's the equivalence for the Pinnochio vision of a hypocrite instead of a liar? And no mention of BLM's "rhetoric".

Valuist
07-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Shepard Smith of Fox News was interviewing former Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal. During the interview, Jindal said "all lives matter". He was then interrupted by Smith, who told him that "all lives matter" could be "deemed offensive".

We have gone full loony tunes.

The good news? There's many calls for Fox to fire Smith for his offensive remarks.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-17-2016, 05:17 PM
He also cautioned about "overheated rhetoric" going into the convention, and how we shouldn't throw around baseless accusations, etc. What's the equivalence for the Pinnochio vision of a hypocrite instead of a liar? And no mention of BLM's "rhetoric".

Incredible that he can continue on the same narrative, a true professional liar in chief. Don't know when the breaking point will be but it has to be soon.

Clocker
07-17-2016, 05:18 PM
There's many calls for Fox to fire Smith for his offensive remarks.

Smith is their token lib, they need him. :p

highnote
07-17-2016, 05:59 PM
They just had a press conference. I'd think that would've been mentioned had it happened.

I didn't see the interview. I read where the part of town where the shooting happened is a "rough" part of town and where a lot of drug dealing takes place.

ebcorde
07-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Tough question: I have to believe he has his hands on this as he has had too many opportunities in the past 8 years to make a sincere public stance against his own kind ( haven't seen one yet)

his own kind What the F does that mean?

Let's get the race war started I need that stock market to drop like a rock.

PhantomOnTour
07-17-2016, 06:32 PM
I didn't see the interview. I read where the part of town where the shooting happened is a "rough" part of town and where a lot of drug dealing takes place.
Not true

JustRalph
07-17-2016, 07:01 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/baton-rouge-shooter-gavin-eugene-long-was-nation-of-islam-member-railed-against-crackers-on-youtube-channel-video/

If true......uh oh......

ebcorde
07-17-2016, 07:20 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/baton-rouge-shooter-gavin-eugene-long-was-nation-of-islam-member-railed-against-crackers-on-youtube-channel-video/

If true......uh oh......

OMG his video was Hilarious. Another nutcase in the hood. Notice no one said
much, because they don't know who he is.

Stuff you're forced to listen too when you ask for a ride

Tom
07-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by horses4courses

And somehow, in your twisted, sick mind, this is his fault.

This is the result of OBAMA's racist and divisive statements from the git go.
He has fundamentally changed America.

Mission accomplished.

Hopefully Trump can put some civilization back in our nation. Obama's people have dragged us down to his level.

ebcorde
07-17-2016, 07:29 PM

If true......uh oh......

if he cleaned up his language , he talks like some of you Pace Advantage guys Q: "what do you do? "
A: "Rap"
Q "what else?" He sounded disappointed.

My answer would be, none of your business what I do Bru! other than that you better agree with everything he says OR you might not get out of that car alive.

Tom
07-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Shepard Smith of Fox News was interviewing former Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal. During the interview, Jindal said "all lives matter". He was then interrupted by Smith, who told him that "all lives matter" could be "deemed offensive".

We have gone full loony tunes.

The good news? There's many calls for Fox to fire Smith for his offensive remarks.

Side note - is there a bigger ASS clown on TV than Shepard Smith?

Clocker
07-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Side note - is there a bigger ASS clown on TV than Shepard Smith?

Whoever is on MSNBC at any given moment. :p

highnote
07-17-2016, 07:43 PM
When you see the photos of the slain officers the level of tragedy really hits home. Both officers were married and had kids.

dartman51
07-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Smith is their token lib, they need him. :p

Lib and gay. He has it all rolled up in one package. :D

highnote
07-17-2016, 07:53 PM
I didn't see the interview. I read where the part of town where the shooting happened is a "rough" part of town and where a lot of drug dealing takes place.Not true

How do you know it is not true? I would not be surprised if you have better local knowledge than the national media.

Here is the quote that was widely used on Fox, NBC and others:

"The firefight took place in a part of town that the source described as rough. The area is a known drug trafficking area. It is a location where police often go to grab coffee."

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32463386/baton-rouge-shooting-3-officers-killed-shooters-sought

PhantomOnTour
07-17-2016, 07:56 PM

"The firefight took place in a part of town that the source described as rough. The area is a known drug trafficking area. It is a location where police often go to grab coffee."

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32463386/baton-rouge-shooting-3-officers-killed-shooters-sought
The source was wrong

dartman51
07-17-2016, 07:57 PM
And somehow, in your twisted, sick mind, this is his fault.

This is the result of OBAMA's racist and divisive statements from the git go.
He has fundamentally changed America.

Mission accomplished.

Hopefully Trump can put some civilization back in our nation. Obama's people have dragged us down to his level.

If this situation gets worse between now and November, Trump may not get a chance. It would be the perfect storm for Obama to declare 'martial law', and cancel the elections. Especially if Trump is leading by a good margin. :mad:

highnote
07-17-2016, 08:00 PM
If this situation gets worse between now and November, Trump may not get a chance. It would be the perfect storm for Obama to declare 'martial law', and cancel the elections. Especially if Trump is leading by a good margin. :mad:

Nah... the elections will be held as planned. If there was a peaceful transfer of power after Nixon resigned then I expect the transfer of power after this election to go pretty smoothly no matter who the next president is.

Plus, I can't imagine the military would go along with an Obama-led coup.

RunForTheRoses
07-17-2016, 08:31 PM
https://twitter.com/OnMessageForHer/status/754741699667234817

boxcar
07-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Nah... the elections will be held as planned. If there was a peaceful transfer of power after Nixon resigned then I expect the transfer of power after this election to go pretty smoothly no matter who the next president is.

Plus, I can't imagine the military would go along with an Obama-led coup.

I wouldn't be too sure. Libs love to exploit a good crisis.

horses4courses
07-17-2016, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't be too sure. Libs love to exploit a good crisis.

The more anguish and terror we have as a nation,
especially close to November, the better it is for
Trump. It distracts people from the issue of just
what a tyrant he is, along with his running mate.

Conservative media will have more ammunition
to beat their drum about how unsafe we are,
and how Trump and his cronies will fix all that.

You guys are praying for lots of jihads and civil unrest.
Even though I'd never expect you to admit it.
Accomplished hypocrites that you are.

Inner Dirt
07-17-2016, 10:00 PM
The more anguish and terror we have as a nation,
especially close to November, the better it is for
Trump. It distracts people from the issue of just
what a tyrant he is, along with his running mate.

You guys are praying for lots of jihads and civil unrest.
Even though I'd never expect you to admit it.
Accomplished hypocrites that you are.

Your President, DOJ, and liberal media caused this mess, you are pathetic to make such a statement. I really hope you don't believe half the mess you type and just do it to troll people.

horses4courses
07-17-2016, 10:05 PM
Your President, DOJ, and liberal media caused this mess, you are pathetic to make such a statement. I really hope you don't believe half the mess you type and just do it to troll people.

Law and order is your biggest angle.
You want peace and serenity between now and November?
Sensible liberals do.

Clocker
07-17-2016, 10:22 PM

Trump couldn't be any more obtuse about it than Obama and Hillary.

It was the wee hours of Friday morning, just after the Bastille Day jihadist mass-murder of at least 84 people. For Mrs. Clinton, that seemed the perfect time to take to Twitter and set the tone of the American response — the kind of resolve we can expect in a third Obama term. So as France retrieved the dead, dying, and maimed from the Promenade des Anglais, where Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel had barreled over them in his truck, she unloaded with the concern foremost in her mind: Let’s be clear: Islam is not our adversary. Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism.

Even to one so superficial as Clinton, it should by now be perfectly obvious that that there is no “Islam,” at least not if we are talking about a monolithic belief system. There are sects of Islam, all vying for supremacy in what is, in the main, a conquest ideology — with the various splinters having very different ideas about what conquest entails, and with no papal analogue to impose order by decreeing orthodoxy and condemning heterodoxy.

Clearly, some of these sects are our enemy. And just as clearly, these sects also have a legitimate claim on the designation “Islam.” That does not mean they have a monopoly on the interpretation of Islam (there, again, being no such monopoly). But it does oblige government officials responsible for national security to deal with jihadists and other sharia supremacists on their own terms. Why? Because the objective is to defeat our enemies, not redefine them. To defeat the enemy still requires knowing the enemy. Try as he might, Obama is unable to fundamentally transform Sun Tzu.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437959/nice-islamic-terrorism-west-refuses-take-jihadist-ideology-seriously

horses4courses
07-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Trump couldn't be any more obtuse about it than Obama and Hillary.

That's bogus crap.
Why don't you quote the National Enquirer?

You know as well as I do that they're message stresses
that most within the Muslim faith are good people, and
should not be vilified, alienated, and locked up as Mr. Drumpf
would have it. The radical terrorist element need to be fought
from a variety of angles, and they need to be defeated.
Neither Clinton nor Obama deny that.

Condemning every Muslim for the actions of a few
will lead to a lot more bloodshed, You can bet on that.

newtothegame
07-17-2016, 10:46 PM
Has to be likely that it is BLM related,
or at least some sympathizer(s).

The BLM movement is heading the wrong way - fast.
They need to publicly condemn acts like this.
Everyone loses.
RARE, BUT LOVE WHEN WE CAN AGREE!! :jump: :jump:

newtothegame
07-17-2016, 10:48 PM
Not true
Agree again.....Those of us from here know that is a well travelled area. Now off into the side streets and small communities within, I cant truly speak. But I travel that stretch at least every other week and have never had an issue.

newtothegame
07-17-2016, 10:55 PM
How do you know it is not true? I would not be surprised if you have better local knowledge than the national media.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32463386/baton-rouge-shooting-3-officers-killed-shooters-sought You are such an ........
Phantom and I know it to be true as WE LIVE HERE!!! How's that for having better knowledge then the media????

horses4courses
07-17-2016, 10:56 PM
RARE, BUT LOVE WHEN WE CAN AGREE!! :jump: :jump:

I hate where they're going.
They need to condemn violence, and that's not happening. :ThmbDown:

newtothegame
07-17-2016, 11:00 PM
I hate where they're going.
They need to condemn violence, and that's not happening. :ThmbDown:
First, I think they themselves need to come out and denounce these senseless killings. It would appear, from tweets and a certain amount of followers, that they instead promote this. I have never been to a speech so I cant truly say. Only what i've read in some of the tweets.
Next, if they fail to denounce the acts of their followings, then the group should be labeled appropriately as terrorist. The same would be said for ANY and ALL groups that promote killing or targeting of any other groups.

horses4courses
07-17-2016, 11:04 PM
First, I think they themselves need to come out and denounce these senseless killings. It would appear, from tweets and a certain amount of followers, that they instead promote this. I have never been to a speech so I cant truly say. Only what i've read in some of the tweets.
Next, if they fail to denounce the acts of their followings, then the group should be labeled appropriately as terrorist. The same would be said for ANY and ALL groups that promote killing or targeting of any other groups.

Agreed.

Clocker
07-17-2016, 11:04 PM
Condemning every Muslim for the actions of a few
will lead to a lot more bloodshed, You can bet on that.

No one is condemning every Muslim. As the article I linked to explains, there is no single Islamic faith. That's like saying there is a single Christian faith.

To say that Islamic terrorism is just the actions of a few is to engage in willful blindness. There are more than 'a few' who would like to destroy this country. We need to identify them and to treat them as the enemy, and as Islamic terrorists.

newtothegame
07-17-2016, 11:10 PM
Agreed.

Damn, that's twice...I need a drink!!!! :lol: :lol:

highnote
07-17-2016, 11:20 PM
You are such an ........
Phantom and I know it to be true as WE LIVE HERE!!! How's that for having better knowledge then the media????

That's exactly what I said -- that Phantom probably has better local knowledge than the national media.

It makes no sense to me why you have a problem with me assuming Phantom to be local based on his reply. All I can figure is that you misinterpreted my post.

It seems obvious to me to trust local knowledge than to trust the national media.

newtothegame
07-17-2016, 11:29 PM
That's exactly what I said -- that Phantom probably has better local knowledge than the national media.

It makes no sense to me why you have a problem with me assuming Phantom to be local based on his reply. All I can figure is that you misinterpreted my post.

It seems obvious to me to trust local knowledge than to trust the national media.

Your reply to Phantom, and your VERY FIRST SENTENCE WAS "How do you know it's not true??" So right off, you were questioning how he would know.....
Now you did go on to say he probably would know better.....
But you can't play both sides as you try to do ALOT, then when you get called on it you use the side that fits the moment to say, "I didn't say that".

highnote
07-18-2016, 12:42 AM
Your reply to Phantom, and your VERY FIRST SENTENCE WAS "How do you know it's not true??" So right off, you were questioning how he would know.....
Now you did go on to say he probably would know better.....
But you can't play both sides as you try to do ALOT, then when you get called on it you use the side that fits the moment to say, "I didn't say that".

A question is not an implication. Why get offended by a question?

His replies were short. He replied, "not true" and "the source was wrong".

If I post something from Fox News and NBC News and then someone disputes the facts, then of course I want to ask, "How do you know it's not true?"

If he had said, "Not true. I know because I live in Baton Rouge and know the area." then it would make sense why he said it, but I qualified my question by saying he would probably know if he is a local.

I would have phrased it differently if I would have known it was going to cause people to feel defensive. And if Phantom had elaborated about how he knew the facts were wrong that would have made asking the question unnecessary.

Live and learn. Or post, let the shit hit the fan, and learn.

Fager Fan
07-18-2016, 08:02 AM

"Pigs in a blanket! Fry 'em like bacon!"

"God damn white America!"

That's just a couple lines of their hateful and violence-inspiring rhetoric at these BLM protests.

What happened after the Dallas massacre? Any decent group would take a step back out of respect for the senseless murders that just happened. Not BLM. They were out the very next night. The very next night. And not totally peaceful either as there were a lot of arrests.

Where are all the statements from BLM leaders condemning these murders? All we hear are crickets.

And what does the Administration do? Loretta Lynch actually has the nerve in the hours after the massacre to encourage BLM to continue their protests.

This wouldn't be tolerated if this was White Lives Matter instead of black.

woodtoo
07-18-2016, 08:53 AM
BLM is a hate based, racist based bunch of ba$terds.

white on black murders .77 % black on black murders a whopping 59.34 %

woodtoo
07-18-2016, 08:59 AM

Blame Trump?
You are more of a $%##@ fill in the blank than I thought.

woodtoo
07-18-2016, 09:04 AM
Ok, we need to feed these guys pork somehow. What's the deal with offering virgins anyway? So their lovers won't know how inept they are?
We need pork based bullets. :ThmbUp:

Tall One
07-18-2016, 09:29 AM

Cant comment on that, but while we were watching Fox's coverage (Shep is terrible, btw..:ThmbDown:) my pops pointed out that was the area Jimmy Swaggert got caught with his pants down.

boxcar
07-18-2016, 09:30 AM
No one is condemning every Muslim. As the article I linked to explains, there is no single Islamic faith. That's like saying there is a single Christian faith.

To say that Islamic terrorism is just the actions of a few is to engage in willful blindness. There are more than 'a few' who would like to destroy this country. We need to identify them and to treat them as the enemy, and as Islamic terrorists.

This world could witness a reincarnation of the Crusades (21st Century style) if world leaders don't get their act together. And it won't be so much Christians against Muslims as it will be all non-Muslims against Muslims. Read the frustration in this article by peaceful Muslims living in France.

Muslims in France are fed up with being blamed for the violence of others because of a shared religion

http://www.businessinsider.com/muslims-in-france-are-fed-up-with-being-blamed-for-the-violence-of-others-because-of-a-shared-religion-2016-7?r=UK&IR=T

And while I can empathize with the frustration and anger, nonetheless I think these "innocent" Muslims want to have it both ways to some extent. They need to come out in a big way and embrace Westerners and openly condemn and distance themselves from the radicals. They need to take a strong, unequivocal stand! (They just can't pay lip service after the fact -- after some horrific event.) This is something we see far too little of during this turmoil between the West and radical Muslims. These peaceful, innocent Muslims need to reach out to Westerners and strongly denounce this madness. They need to prove to the world that Islam doesn't really condone or sanction this kind of violence against unbelievers. Right now all they're doing is giving the world stage to their radical "brethren". The radicals own the bully pulpit on this stage in more ways than one. It seems the peace-loving Muslims are in very sore need of leadership. It also might be a courage issue. It could well be that the peaceful Muslims themselves are living in terror and fear of the radicals, which would account for the conspicuous absence of public relations with the West on their part. But I tell you the truth -- if these e peaceful Muslims continue to play their turtle role during these times (hiding in the shell between incidents, then poking their heads out to condemn with only their lips the violence after each incident) instead of taking a more proactive, public role to expose and fight the radicals, I think Muslims, and indeed the whole world, will witness a bloodbath like never before in history. What Western societies will believe is that if those peaceful Muslims aren't with us wholeheartedly and embrace our culture, then they are against us. Then all hell will break loose on this earth. What we're witnessing now is nothing compared to what this conflict become. This earth will once again be "filled with violence" as it was in the days before The Flood.

davew
07-18-2016, 09:40 AM
it seems some muslims want to follow sharia law

and some blacks want to follow black law

PhantomOnTour
07-18-2016, 11:25 AM
Cant comment on that, but while we were watching Fox's coverage (Shep is terrible, btw..:ThmbDown:) my pops pointed out that was the area Jimmy Swaggert got caught with his pants down.
Your Pops is wrong...Swaggart was caught on Airline Hwy, which intersects Old Hammond Hwy (where the shootings occurred).
Airline is a very long Hwy - it runs from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. It only seems to reason that a road that long may have some bad areas along the way.
This was not a bad area, and Swaggart was caught nowhere near there.

classhandicapper
07-18-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm going to give the president a backhanded compliment on his handling of the shooting yesterday. It was the first time I didn't come away from it thinking his true sympathies were with rioters and/or police shooters.

IMO, the idea has always been to downplay the race element of the problem and make it about better training and recruitment. That way you don't rile up the nitwits and deranged to start shooting police. We all know that in some cases race plays a role either consciously or subconsciously, but many times it's training, being burnt out from dealing with life and death situations on a daily basis, split second bad judgement etc...

He FINALLY seemed to make the safety of the police the primary concern. Of course he's been an idiot all along, but later is better than never.

Tall One
07-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Your Pops is wrong...Swaggart was caught on Airline Hwy, which intersects Old Hammond Hwy (where the shootings occurred).
Airline is a very long Hwy - it runs from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. It only seems to reason that a road that long may have some bad areas along the way.
This was not a bad area, and Swaggart was caught nowhere near there.

I'll be sure and pass that along. Thanks for the clarification.

JustRalph
07-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Saw a BLM supporter on the news. Stated that this was long time payback for slavery in the south. :bang:

She was told that slavery occurred all over the country and the world. She said that white people have never been slaves and they deserve to feel threatened for once.

In case you don't know, there have been white slaves for centuries and there are slaves today. These people need to get a grip.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

dartman51
07-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Saw a BLM supporter on the news. Stated that this was long time payback for slavery in the south. :bang:

She was told that slavery occurred all over the country and the world. She said that white people have never been slaves and they deserve to feel threatened for once.

In case you don't know, there have been white slaves for centuries and there are slaves today. These people need to get a grip.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

And they wonder why racism will NEVER go away, totally. :(

classhandicapper
07-18-2016, 01:10 PM
It's understandable why many blacks feel frustrated about their economic circumstances and getting stopped by police more often, getting shot, and still dealing with racism. But the BLM movement is not the way to fix it. These are mostly uneducated, misinformed, angry people venting about all sorts of things. Playing to their anger (as the media and president has been doing to a large extent) is what's helping provoke even more violence. It's pure idiocy. And the guys that are funding it, well, we'd all be better off if they weren't among us anymore.

delayjf
07-18-2016, 01:45 PM
They need to understand that despite the call from black leaders like Van Jones demanding that America "give them the wealth" - that will never happen. If they want upward economic mobility they will have to earn it. Heck, so far with a black president in office, all they gotten out of him was a free phone. What exactly does the black community think Hillary, or that matter anybody, is going to do for them?

Clocker
07-18-2016, 02:17 PM
What exactly does the black community think Hillary, or that matter anybody, is going to do for them?

Free college. Amnesty and ObamaCare for illegals. $15/hour minimum wage.

Fager Fan
07-18-2016, 02:19 PM
It's understandable why many blacks feel frustrated about their economic circumstances and getting stopped by police more often, getting shot, and still dealing with racism. But the BLM movement is not the way to fix it. These are mostly uneducated, misinformed, angry people venting about all sorts of things. Playing to their anger (as the media and president has been doing to a large extent) is what's helping provoke even more violence. It's pure idiocy. And the guys that are funding it, well, we'd all be better off if they weren't among us anymore.

It's understandable to a point.

Any reasonable conversation would look at all the pros and cons for black Americans.

Slavery, as awful as it was, was "the way it was" in America's past (and the past and present of other countries). Blacks are the ones who captured and sold other blacks into slavery, so you can't forget their role in this. No decent person doesn't feel sorrow for the slaves in our history, but no one alive was either a slave or slave owner.

Are their injustices for blacks? Yes. But how would their lives be different has their relatives not been sent to America? Would they have been born into Africa instead? What is it like for blacks there? Is it better here or there? Is there more opportunity here or there?

When looking at black society, what is it they are responsible for which keeps them down? The high percentage of children born to single mothers, which often results in poverty? The black males who won't be men and marry those women and father those children and keep their flies zipped except for their wives? The drugs, guns and gangs and violence which produces nothing but negatives in their lives? The refusal to adopt proper English because that's "white"? Teaching kids to carry chips on their shoulders and call "Uncle Tom" those who had good parents who taught them self-reliance and responsibility instead?

The black problems in America can only be solved by blacks.

classhandicapper
07-18-2016, 02:34 PM

Any reasonable conversation would look at all the pros and cons for black Americans.

Slavery, as awful as it was, was "the way it was" in America's past (and the past and present of other countries). Blacks are the ones who captured and sold other blacks into slavery, so you can't forget their role in this. No decent person doesn't feel sorrow for the slaves in our history, but no one alive was either a slave or slave owner.

Are their injustices for blacks? Yes. But how would their lives be different has their relatives not been sent to America? Would they have been born into Africa instead? What is it like for blacks there? Is it better here or there? Is there more opportunity here or there?

When looking at black society, what is it they are responsible for which keeps them down? The high percentage of children born to single mothers, which often results in poverty? The black males who won't be men and marry those women and father those children and keep their flies zipped except for their wives? The drugs, guns and gangs and violence which produces nothing but negatives in their lives? The refusal to adopt proper English because that's "white"? Teaching kids to carry chips on their shoulders and call "Uncle Tom" those who had good parents who taught them self-reliance and responsibility instead?

I agree that many of the problems are self inflicted and result to some extent from liberal thinking.

boxcar
07-18-2016, 03:25 PM

Blacks are also responsible for allowing themselves to become modern-day victims of liberals -- black and white. They are responsible for their own naivete -- for allowing self-appointed black leaders and black and white liberal politicians to con them into thinking it's perfectly normal, healthy and rational to live life as one huge self-pity party -- to wallow in this garbage all their days. Many blacks today are still in bondage -- not like in former periods of history -- but still real bondage. They're enslaved to this very unhealthy mindset: Woe is poor little ol' me, Woe is me. Woe is me because my ancestors never had it good and now Woe is me because I don't have it good either and never have. Woe, Woe, Woe is poor me! How is it possible for anyone with this kind of mindset to get ahead in life and make something of their lives?

tucker6
07-18-2016, 03:52 PM
90% of black problems are/were created by blacks and must be solved by blacks. Starting with the complete breakdown of the family structure two generations ago and which has only gotten worse.

PhantomOnTour
07-18-2016, 03:56 PM
I'll be sure and pass that along. Thanks for the clarification.
Sorry, didn't mean to be so blunt. This hits close to home and the emotions are running a bit high.

newtothegame
07-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to be so blunt. This hits close to home and the emotions are running a bit high.
Thanks Phantom.....Why I kind of jumped on High... for his/her questioning how you know .....

Emotions are raw at this point.

Tall One
07-18-2016, 06:43 PM

No worries, phantom...our thoughts are with yall, bud.

GaryG
07-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Phantom, take care of yourself bro. This shit is a lot different when it is close to home. I pray things calm down before all hell breaks loose.

fast4522
07-18-2016, 08:18 PM
90% of black problems are/were created by blacks and must be solved by blacks. Starting with the complete breakdown of the family structure two generations ago and which has only gotten worse.

Not a BLM supporter but support giving everyone a "leg up", jobs are what our country needs. Socialism suppresses jobs so I can not support that approach as a leg up. While I agree with the above quote I enter this thread with, I really feel the leg up we as Americans could help the black community with is less cheep labor flooding our country. It is absolutely horrifying to me that those who have served in our armed forces could actually responsible for the horrors of late. This is something we are going to have to not only face but fix at some point. We have to understand just because personally not in despair, the numbers who are seem to be growing. Supporting policy that enables jobs instead of killing jobs is the only logic I see as viable.

zico20
07-18-2016, 08:22 PM

I have never understood why blacks complain about slavery. If it were not for slavery then the black population in this country would be around 2%, I am guessing. White people would not have brought them over from Africa just out of the goodness of their hearts and they sure as hell could not have sneaked across our borders like the Hispanics are doing. Black people should be grateful slavery once existed, or most would be in Africa right now.

OTM Al
07-18-2016, 08:44 PM
I have never understood why blacks complain about slavery. If it were not for slavery then the black population in this country would be around 2%, I am guessing. White people would not have brought them over from Africa just out of the goodness of their hearts and they sure as hell could not have sneaked across our borders like the Hispanics are doing. Black people should be grateful slavery once existed, or most would be in Africa right now.
I hope you are trolling because otherwise this is by far the stupidest thing I have ever seen on this board.

zico20
07-18-2016, 08:55 PM
I hope you are trolling because otherwise this is by far the stupidest thing I have ever seen on this board.

Please explain, will you. There would be hardly any black people in this country right now if not for slavery. I am willing to bet that many black people would rather be in the USA than Africa. Just my guess.

boxcar
07-18-2016, 08:58 PM

Yeah...you're right. The black folks in Africa would have built the sister ship to the Queen Mary and for centuries shuttled back and forth between the continents to settle here. :lol: :lol:

classhandicapper
07-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Please explain, will you. There would be hardly any black people in this country right now if not for slavery. I am willing to bet that many black people would rather be in the USA than Africa. Just my guess.

I'll explain it to you. It's kind of like saying that modern Germans benefited from Hitler because he was involved with the Autobahn and Volkswagen cars. There may be some underlying truth to that, but it's so badly swamped by bad, people generally aren't going to respond favorably to some tiny good that is swamped by so much bad. So you might as well not say it.

Inner Dirt
07-18-2016, 09:38 PM
The Black Lives Matter morons blocked I-95 in Richmond during rush hour today. That is 45 miles from me and oddly enough I could have been in the mess if I decided to go will call supplies instead of paying more and buying off the internet and letting UPS deliver. Honestly how stupid can they be, blocking traffic is going to even make people hate them that don't already. It surely won't convince anyone to take their side that didn't already. I hope they arrested the knuckleheads, or at least pepper sprayed them. The highway is clearly marked "No pedestrians" in that area, they were breaking the law.

OTM Al
07-18-2016, 10:05 PM
I'll explain it to you. It's kind of like saying that modern Germans benefited from Hitler because he was involved with the Autobahn and Volkswagen cars. There may be some underlying truth to that, but it's so badly swamped by bad, people generally aren't going to respond favorably to some tiny good that is swamped by so much bad. So you might as well not say it.
A fairly appropriate analogy but it doesn't explain. It is stupid in the extreme because it demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of either US or world history along with a complete lack of human empathy. It is pure white supremisist tripe. Ignorance at its most willful and ugly.

barahona44
07-18-2016, 10:26 PM
I have never understood why white people complain about black people.People like Washington and Jefferson owned plantations that employed black slaves.Since they didn't have to worry about finding enough white people to work the farm, this enabled many of the Founding Fathers to focus on securing our liberty from England.Do you think TJ would have found time to write the Declaration of Independence if he had to spend all his time interviewing people to fill positions on the old plantation?.So if it wasn't for the contributions of blacks, we would be driving on the left hand side of the road, singing "God Save the Queen" and eating terrible food.
So next time the BLM rolls through town, shake their hands, give 'em a hug and thank them for our feedom.Because white people should be grateful they are American citizens and not British subjects. :D

Fager Fan
07-18-2016, 11:21 PM
I have never understood why white people complain about black people.People like Washington and Jefferson owned plantations that employed black slaves.Since they didn't have to worry about finding enough white people to work the farm, this enabled many of the Founding Fathers to focus on securing our liberty from England.Do you think TJ would have found time to write the Declaration of Independence if he had to spend all his time interviewing people to fill positions on the old plantation?.So if it wasn't for the contributions of blacks, we would be driving on the left hand side of the road, singing "God Save the Queen" and eating terrible food.
So next time the BLM rolls through town, shake their hands, give 'em a hug and thank them for our feedom.Because white people should be grateful they are American citizens and not British subjects. :D

Anyone have a meme of jumping the shark?

davew
07-18-2016, 11:29 PM
The Black Lives Matter morons blocked I-95 in Richmond during rush hour today. That is 45 miles from me and oddly enough I could have been in the mess if I decided to go will call supplies instead of paying more and buying off the internet and letting UPS deliver. Honestly how stupid can they be, blocking traffic is going to even make people hate them that don't already. It surely won't convince anyone to take their side that didn't already. I hope they arrested the knuckleheads, or at least pepper sprayed them. The highway is clearly marked "No pedestrians" in that area, they were breaking the law.

You have to wonder what would happen to a truck driver if they accidentally drove through them at 60 mph.

barahona44
07-19-2016, 12:19 AM
Anyone have a meme of jumping the shark?
I'd rather jump the shark than put forth the idea that slavery was a great deal for the slaves. :rolleyes:

Tom
07-19-2016, 07:31 AM
No worries, phantom...our thoughts are with yall, bud.

AMEN.

You guys are in our hearts and prayers.

Clocker
07-19-2016, 07:34 PM
BLM and its fanatical followers are going to cause harm to minorities and poor neighborhoods. I see a lot of news about big city police forces changing patrol practices as a result of recent shootings. Many are adopting firm policies of two cops in a car and/or two cars responding to any call.

That cuts effective patrolling coverage and has to result in longer response time to emergency calls.

HalvOnHorseracing
07-19-2016, 09:37 PM
During his 1956 presidential campaign, a woman called out to Adlai Stevenson "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!" Stevenson called back "That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!"

While it may sound like a clever anecdote, it probably better explains why Stevenson was seen as a snooty egghead who never connected with a lot of regular people. However, there are a couple of posts in this thread where I can understand his inference.

delayjf
07-20-2016, 10:10 AM
I'd rather jump the shark than put forth the idea that slavery was a great deal for the slaves.

I think his point was that slavery was a beneficial for their ancestors who now live in the US and have access to its freedoms and opportunities. Kinda of like having a father who worked as coal miner all his life so he could afford to send his children to college.

tucker6
07-20-2016, 10:20 AM
I think his point was that slavery was a beneficial for their ancestors who now live in the US and have access to its freedoms and opportunities. Kinda of like having a father who worked as coal miner all his life so he could afford to send his children to college.
Except you couldn't quit the job, frequently were beaten and your women raped. As others have said, the 'good' after the fact does not lessen the evil that was done.

OTM Al
07-20-2016, 10:25 AM

We full well understood his point. It was ignorant and moronic at best and supportive of white supremacist ideology at worst. And your analogy, as has already been pointed out, is terrible.

garyscpa
07-20-2016, 11:44 AM

I think you meant descendants instead of ancestors.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Except you couldn't quit the job, frequently were beaten and your women raped. As others have said, the 'good' after the fact does not lessen the evil that was done.

Irrelevant. Current black Americans weren't slaves, so the evil was not done to them (nor did any whites alive commit the evil).

The point is that when current day blacks examine their circumstances (with many complaining of their lives here), slavery of their ancestors doesn't solely have a negative effect on their lives today. The positive effect is that they are Americans today. What would their lives look like had their ancestors remained in Africa? It's entirely possible that it could be worse than they currently have it in America, right? Maybe even probable?

OTM Al
07-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Irrelevant. Current black Americans weren't slaves, so the evil was not done to them (nor did any whites alive commit the evil).

The point is that when current day blacks examine their circumstances (with many complaining of their lives here), slavery of their ancestors doesn't solely have a negative effect on their lives today. The positive effect is that they are Americans today. What would their lives look like had their ancestors remained in Africa? It's entirely possible that it could be worse than they currently have it in America, right? Maybe even probable?
Your grasp of history is as stunning as your grasp of racist rhetoric. There's nothing more that I can even say.

Fager Fan
07-20-2016, 06:56 PM
Your grasp of history is as stunning as your grasp of racist rhetoric. There's nothing more that I can even say.

Why don't you try, since that hardly disputes the point?

How significant is the life of your great-great-great-grandfather to your life today?

HalvOnHorseracing
07-20-2016, 10:01 PM

How significant is the life of your great-great-great-grandfather to your life today?
Well, without the Darley Arabian (and the Godolphin Arabian and the Byerley Turk) we would have never had Eclipse, or ultimately any great racehorse you can name. They were the foundation of the blood horse. That is the significance of your ancestors.

OTM Al
07-20-2016, 11:18 PM

Very. The absolute ignorance of your post is multifaceted if you really want to know. You act as if as soon as the Civil War ended everyone was on equal footing. Ever heard of Jim Crow laws? The need for the Civil Rights Act? The fact that it was still illegal in parts of this country for a black person to marry a white one into the 1970s? That the blessed Kentucky State song sung drunkenly every Derby referred to African Americans as darkies until 1986? That to this day there is still hurt and fear in the African American community? But they are so better off because the great white man made their ancestors slaves. Your head is completely up your ass if you don't think that evil still affects them.

Further more what might Africa be like had it not been subject to a couple hundred years of colonialism and the slave trade is something I can't tell you about but I don't think there is a person out there who wouldn't have at least desired a shot at finding a place in his own country. Despite what certain senators from Iowa think, Africans did have their own rich cultures which were pretty much completely destroyed.

So as the bile rises in my throat at the very idea that people living in this day and age still think things like you posted, I have given you a response. What you wrote is, simply put, vile.

Fager Fan
07-21-2016, 12:22 AM
Very. The absolute ignorance of your post is multifaceted if you really want to know. You act as if as soon as the Civil War ended everyone was on equal footing. Ever heard of Jim Crow laws? The need for the Civil Rights Act? The fact that it was still illegal in parts of this country for a black person to marry a white one into the 1970s? That the blessed Kentucky State song sung drunkenly every Derby referred to African Americans as darkies until 1986? That to this day there is still hurt and fear in the African American community? But they are so better off because the great white man made their ancestors slaves. Your head is completely up your ass if you don't think that evil still affects them.

Further more what might Africa be like had it not been subject to a couple hundred years of colonialism and the slave trade is something I can't tell you about but I don't think there is a person out there who wouldn't have at least desired a shot at finding a place in his own country. Despite what certain senators from Iowa think, Africans did have their own rich cultures which were pretty much completely destroyed.

So as the bile rises in my throat at the very idea that people living in this day and age still think things like you posted, I have given you a response. What you wrote is, simply put, vile.

Get over yourself.

This isn't 150 years ago, or 50 years ago. Complaints about life 150 and 50 years ago are mostly invalid today. And to be clear, life can be hard or good for people of all colors, and above all, life isn't fair.

It's your attitude that keeps people down, walking around holding their own pity party, firmly keeping that chip on their shoulder.

The good parent of a black child tells them about the difficulties in the past for their ancestors, but how things are different now. For all the horror that was slavery, the one good thing about it is that they're Americans, and they can be the next Obama, Oprah, Denzel, Beyoncé, Kobe, or Ben Carson.

I don't personally care if you have so little appreciation for America to realize the benefits of being an Anerican in our lifetime. I am appreciative every day that my ancestors immigrated here, and know my life is better for it than had my ancestors not come here. And it's ok that they didn't come here on the Mayflower. No wealthy ancestors for me. Life isn't fair but it's still good.

OTM Al
07-21-2016, 06:57 AM
Get over yourself.

This isn't 150 years ago, or 50 years ago. Complaints about life 150 and 50 years ago are mostly invalid today. And to be clear, life can be hard or good for people of all colors, and above all, life isn't fair.

It's your attitude that keeps people down, walking around holding their own pity party, firmly keeping that chip on their shoulder.

The good parent of a black child tells them about the difficulties in the past for their ancestors, but how things are different now. For all the horror that was slavery, the one good thing about it is that they're Americans, and they can be the next Obama, Oprah, Denzel, Beyoncé, Kobe, or Ben Carson.

I don't personally care if you have so little appreciation for America to realize the benefits of being an Anerican in our lifetime. I am appreciative every day that my ancestors immigrated here, and know my life is better for it than had my ancestors not come here. And it's ok that they didn't come here on the Mayflower. No wealthy ancestors for me. Life isn't fair but it's still good.
Patriotism is why slavery was good. Great.

Inner Dirt
07-21-2016, 07:24 AM
So how long are liberals going to use slavery, Jim Crow, and exaggerated impact of racism as an excuse for every black that fails at life? I have been self-employed for 20 years. In my clock punching career prior I worked at a couple very large companies and interacted with many employees, those I supervised, and many others. I saw every type of management BS (sexism, sexual harassment, covering up safety violations that led to injuries, nepotism, etc,etc) Everything except one, I never saw any racial discrimination. Every time a minority hinted that their race was holding them back from raises and promotions, it was a clear cut case they were delusional about their work performance and not near as valuable of an employee as they thought they were.

Not saying racism doesn't exist, it just isn't impacting minorities a fraction as much as your pathetic president, DOJ, democratic party and the news media make it out to be.

OTM Al
07-21-2016, 07:35 AM
So how long are liberals going to use slavery, Jim Crow, and exaggerated impact of racism as an excuse for every black that fails at life? I have been self-employed for 20 years. In my clock punching career prior I worked at a couple very large companies and interacted with many employees, those I supervised, and many others. I saw every type of management BS (sexism, sexual harassment, covering up safety violations that led to injuries, nepotism, etc,etc) Everything except one, I never saw any racial discrimination. Every time a minority hinted that their race was holding them back from raises and promotions, it was a clear cut case they were delusional about their work performance and not near as valuable of an employee as they thought they were.

Not saying racism doesn't exist, it just isn't impacting minorities a fraction as much as your pathetic president, DOJ, democratic party and the news media make it out to be.

So to the point of the idiocy here, do you believe black people should be glad there was slavery because they are now here in the US? This is the point being discussed. The rest was cited as the poster seemed think everything was just peachy as soon as slavery was ended.

Inner Dirt
07-21-2016, 07:58 AM
So to the point of the idiocy here, do you believe black people should be glad there was slavery because they are now here in the US? This is the point being discussed. The rest was cited as the poster seemed think everything was just peachy as soon as slavery was ended.

No one should be glad slavery happened. I am just saying it's impact is over blown as far as the 21st century is concerned. I don't see the rampant racism that liberals claim is all over the place. The county I live in is 30% black everyone appears to get along fine here and interacts well regardless of color.

I guess the black folk here aren't buying what our divisive sack of crap president and media are selling, and we all get along fine. Found out all the BLM morons that blocked the interstate 45 miles from here in Richmond and got arrested weren't from the area.

boxcar
07-21-2016, 08:54 AM
No one should be glad slavery happened. I am just saying it's impact is over blown as far as the 21st century is concerned. I don't see the rampant racism that liberals claim is all over the place. The county I live in is 30% black everyone appears to get along fine here and interacts well regardless of color.

I guess the black folk here aren't buying what our divisive sack of crap president and media are selling, and we all get along fine. Found out all the BLM morons that blocked the interstate 45 miles from here in Richmond and got arrested weren't from the area.

You're spot on, ID! I interact with black people virtually every day and I don't catch even the faintest whiff of discord, discontent, racism, etc. Black and Whites here in my part of Swampland, get along just fine for the most part. This whole racism narrative is pushed by the Left to sow the seeds of discord and to cause divisions between ethnic groups in order to advance their socialist agenda. It's the Left who has an vested interest in oppressing the blacks so that they can make the Right the scapegoats.

OTM Al
07-21-2016, 09:00 AM

The argument that the impact of events is overblown because they happened a long time ago is one that is very foolish and shortsighted. I could use the exact same logic being applied here to say that because the American Revolution happened a long time ago, but yet it has been constantly hyped by the media, that it's impact is way overblown. A very logical thing that follows from such a statement is that the 2nd amendment to the Constitution is no longer relevant because it was based on the fact that the brand new United States needed militias because they couldn't afford a standing army if the British came back. Is that where you want to go with arguments like these because it is exactly the same logic. You and I both full well know this isn't true. It's good that you feel comfortable and safe in your diverse community. I hope it is the truth.

boxcar
07-21-2016, 09:00 AM

Wrong question. I believe black people, along with all other races living here, should fall on their knees before their Maker and thank Him for his sovereign grace in ordaining that they be born in or brought to the greatest nation on this earth, notwithstanding our faults (since there are no perfect people).

tucker6
07-21-2016, 09:15 AM
The argument that the impact of events is overblown because they happened a long time ago is one that is very foolish and shortsighted. I could use the exact same logic being applied here to say that because the American Revolution happened a long time ago, but yet it has been constantly hyped by the media, that it's impact is way overblown. A very logical thing that follows from such a statement is that the 2nd amendment to the Constitution is no longer relevant because it was based on the fact that the brand new United States needed militias because they couldn't afford a standing army if the British came back. Is that where you want to go with arguments like these because it is exactly the same logic. You and I both full well know this isn't true. It's good that you feel comfortable and safe in your diverse community. I hope it is the truth.
There is no logic in your post. Apples and tomato seeds.

Inner Dirt
07-21-2016, 10:18 AM

Is there a liberal here that can disagree with someone without the condescension? Also is there one that can stay on topic? Rather you think I am foolish or not the impact of slavery on blacks diminishes by each year they are removed from it. I do believe pre 1865 it was illegal to educate a slave, so a black person in 1866 is way behind non blacks as they have no education. Fast forward 50 years to 1916, two more generations of black people have made progress toward catching up education wise to the non black segment of the US population. As the years roll on the impact becomes less and less. The big question is when does the "excuse card" for
blacks that fail at life going to expire? Someday the past transgressions of
slavery, black codes, Jim Crow, and segregation should have no effect. Anyone under 50 wasn't even alive when the last Jim Crow law was wiped off the books. Also anyone living out of the South never lived under Jim Crow laws. Will liberals in 2465 still be saying black people are so oppressed because of the Jim Crow laws 500 years ago?

OTM Al
07-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Is there a liberal here that can disagree with someone without the condescension? Also is there one that can stay on topic? Rather you think I am foolish or not the impact of slavery on blacks diminishes by each year they are removed from it. I do believe pre 1865 it was illegal to educate a slave, so a black person in 1866 is way behind non blacks as they have no education. Fast forward 50 years to 1916, two more generations of black people have made progress toward catching up education wise to the non black segment of the US population. As the years roll on the impact becomes less and less. The big question is when does the "excuse card" for
blacks that fail at life going to expire? Someday the past transgressions of
slavery, black codes, Jim Crow, and segregation should have no effect. Anyone under 50 wasn't even alive when the last Jim Crow law was wiped off the books. Also anyone living out of the South never lived under Jim Crow laws. Will liberals in 2465 still be saying black people are so oppressed because of the Jim Crow laws 500 years ago?

So you need to call names when you disagree? Does this topic make you that uncomfortable? It should. It takes a very long time to change peoples minds and attitudes. It would be a far simpler world if simply making a law made something so. Are things better now? Of course they are. Despite the stories we get bombarded with from people representing both liberal and conservative sides everyone is better off than in 1964 let alone 1864. But saying this is all behind us because it was in the past is also wrong and leads us to repeating the mistakes of the past because we have ignored their lessons.

Just the other day on national television a sitting senator from Iowa said flat out that people of color had contributed nothing to Western civilization. I actually caught it live when I was flipping channels. So I think there is still a problem when someone that holds such a level of power and influence in this country is saying things like that. And I think there is still a problem when average people out there make statements like black people should be happy their ancestors were slaves. Do you think these attitudes are ok and are productive to the growth of this country? I really don't. And that's why I said something.

Fager Fan
07-21-2016, 11:06 AM
I never use the words happy or glad. Instead, I pointed out that a positive resulted from slavery to the descendants of slavery in America, and it's that they are Americans and live in the greatest country on the planet. When bitching about slavery, which no one alive lived under or had anything to do with, they need to consider all who are to "blame" and both the positives and negatives of that history in their family. They need to remember that African blacks captured and sold them into slavery, and they need to look at the lives of blacks who remained in Africa and compare that with the lives of blacks in America.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-21-2016, 11:15 AM
I never use the words happy or glad. Instead, I pointed out that a positive resulted from slavery to the descendants of slavery in America, and it's that they are Americans and live in the greatest country on the planet. When bitching about slavery, which no one alive lived under or had anything to do with, they need to consider all who are to "blame" and both the positives and negatives of that history in their family. They need to remember that African blacks captured and sold them into slavery, and they need to look at the lives of blacks who remained in Africa and compare that with the lives of blacks in America.

Slavery is just another example of why people should not be classified by skin pigmentation. The black-skinned folks who sold other black-skinned folk for slavery were as evil as the ship owners (some of whom were also black-skinned) and the white businessmen who bought them.

This applies today. There are a lot of good meaning people, black and white, who have been sucked in to endorsing the evil Black Lives Matter movement. BLM is as much an enemy of America as ISIS.

Tom
07-21-2016, 11:59 AM
More so.
They are here and infesting cities.

boxcar
07-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Slavery is just another example of why people should not be classified by skin pigmentation. The black-skinned folks who sold other black-skinned folk for slavery were as evil as the ship owners (some of whom were also black-skinned) and the white businessmen who bought them.

Shhh...you're not supposed to talk about that. It's not PC. But at least you didn't mention the primary reason blacks sold other blacks.

highnote
07-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Shhh...you're not supposed to talk about that. It's not PC. But at least you didn't mention the primary reason blacks sold other blacks.

I will admit that I have forgotten a lot of the history of slavery that I studied in college.

But I do know that just because people have the same skin color does not mean they are friends.

It is probable that Africans who abducted and sold other Africans as slaves might have been from different tribes and natural enemies.

Not all American Indian tribes were friendly. They were all American Indians, but that doesn't mean they got along. Also, some Indians sided with the French and some sided with the English.

Not all Caucasians in Europe get along. The Fins don't like the Russians. The Danes don't like anyone.

Even in this day and age, there are white people who sell other white people into slavery.

OTM Al
07-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Yes, the old blacks sold other blacks rhetoric. Yes, they did. However the operation would have never been as massive and destructive as it was without the demand created by those of European descent. And as for the lives of those that remained behind, many weren't good basically because their countries were ravaged by slavery and colonization. So stop giving the white power version of events and look into it for yourself and learn something if you want to try to throw a history lesson out there.

Inner Dirt
07-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Anyone notice when you call out a liberal around here they deflect, change the narrative and move on? They never own what they said, kind of like their pathetic president and the chronic lying hag they are picking to take his place.

OTM Al
07-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Anyone notice when you call out a liberal around here they deflect, change the narrative and move on? They never own what they said, kind of like their pathetic president and the chronic lying hag they are picking to take his place.
You mean like this post? Seems to me a question was raised and you don't like the answers. You also seem to be very good at parroting talking points but seem unable to put any real thought into these questions. I'm sure a run through of some white supremacist web sites should give you the replies to the issues raised as frankly I haven't really gone very in depth at all on my responses here.

Inner Dirt
07-21-2016, 02:39 PM
You mean like this post? Seems to me a question was raised and you don't like the answers. You also seem to be very good at parroting talking points but seem unable to put any real thought into these questions. I'm sure a run through of some white supremacist web sites should give you the replies to the issues raised as frankly I haven't really gone very in depth at all on my responses here.

Ask me a straight question I will give you an answer. Now you are implying I am a white supremacist, what is wrong with you? Sorry I cannot read your mind.

OTM Al
07-21-2016, 02:46 PM
Ask me a straight question I will give you an answer. Now you are implying I am a white supremacist, what is wrong with you? Sorry I cannot read your mind.
No, I am saying that you and a couple others here are parroting their talking points. I don't know you. You may be a supremacist, you may something else, but this rhetoric comes from them and personally I wouldn't want to be associated with such things. Maybe you don't care if you are or aren't but I am calling it out because that is what it is.

Tom
07-21-2016, 02:56 PM
What slavery has to do with today is.......nothing.
Stop looking backward and look forward.

Inner Dirt
07-21-2016, 03:01 PM
No, I am saying that you and a couple others here are parroting their talking points. I don't know you. You may be a supremacist, you may something else, but this rhetoric comes from them and personally I wouldn't want to be associated with such things. Maybe you don't care if you are or aren't but I am calling it out because that is what it is.

Try making some sense. When you say someone is parroting you are talking down to them, saying they cannot think on their own. I understand that is what liberals do, talk down to anyone who doesn't think like them. If you think you are so smart re-read what you wrote and get your friends and family to read those posts, that should be good for a big laugh. I am really strange, when I see someone who disagrees with me politically I figure their life experience has shaped their views and I am willing to hear them out, down to the beggar asking me for change, unlike liberals who imply anyone who disagrees with them is stupid. While father time and concussions have not been kind to me I am pretty sure I still have well above average intelligence. I would be more than willing to go toe to toe with you on any I.Q. test you can dig up.