PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Pick 5 Carryover

cnollfan
07-17-2016, 07:55 AM
Monmouth has a $40k carryover in the Pick 5 today (Sunday 7-17-16). Monmouth has two Pick 5s, one begins in Race 1 and one in Race 6. Does the carryover apply to just one, or is it split equally, or ?

cnollfan
07-17-2016, 08:04 AM
Never mind, found it on their website. It applies to the first race.

As I understand it, nobody hit the early Pick 5 yesterday so the carryover applied to the late Pick 5, but when rains moved the last race off the turf after betting had commenced they turned the last race into an ALL and postponed applying the carryover. I can see how that would be annoying to bettors who bought a larger ticket than normal thanks to the supposed carryover, but not sure there is an equitable solution.

MonmouthParkJoe
07-17-2016, 08:37 AM
You beat me to it, I was going to make a similar post. You are right, since it wasn't hit it got moved to the next one. I was wishing it would carry again to play it today, and then saw the surface switch for the last race. I would have been fuming if I played and was still alive. Esp if I wagered a lot into it and had the carry moved. No rain today!

alhattab
07-17-2016, 09:12 AM
You beat me to it, I was going to make a similar post. You are right, since it wasn't hit it got moved to the next one. I was wishing it would carry again to play it today, and then saw the surface switch for the last race. I would have been fuming if I played and was still alive. Esp if I wagered a lot into it and had the carry moved. No rain today!

Seems like a silly rule since the bettors were told that there was a carryover into the Saturday late pick 5, but I checked and that is the NJ Racing Commission rule.

no breathalyzer
07-17-2016, 12:49 PM
i played it

:1: :2: :4:
:1: :4: :5:
:4: :5: :6:
:5:
:4: :5: :6: :7:

i love playing pools with deed $$$

FlintAtTheFetlock
07-17-2016, 02:31 PM
I have a Math question.

If one hits the P5 with or without a carryover and odds being identical, will the big carry help my ticket, hurt my ticket, or make no difference as proportions are proportions?

P5 :1: :4:
R1 :4: :5:
R2 :4:
R3 :1: :2: :3: :5: :6:
R5 :1: :3: :4: :5: :6: :7: (this is an ALL w/ :2: SCRATCHED)

Did the big carryover benefit at all? I should know this.

Pensacola Pete
07-17-2016, 07:25 PM
That's a two-sided question.

Logically, the big carryover will help your payout, since that's money without any live tickets representing it.

The downside is that people know about the carryover and will invest more money into the pools to try to hit it, and most of that money bet is "smart."

Overall, it probably helps, but not always directly proportional to the carryover amount.

tanner12oz
07-19-2016, 06:43 PM
Never mind, found it on their website. It applies to the first race.

As I understand it, nobody hit the early Pick 5 yesterday so the carryover applied to the late Pick 5, but when rains moved the last race off the turf after betting had commenced they turned the last race into an ALL and postponed applying the carryover. I can see how that would be annoying to bettors who bought a larger ticket than normal thanks to the supposed carryover, but not sure there is an equitable solution.

the not applying the carryover rule is awful. Yes I played a large ticket because of the carry...no I didn't hit. Wouldn't have touched the thing without the carry