PDA

View Full Version : DMR 7/17/16

dilanesp
07-17-2016, 06:03 AM
Race 1: :2: Brainspin. Second time starter who showed good speed in her first out. She was a $270,000 2 year old in training purchase. The others are either first time starters or layoff horses, so she has a big advantage here. Use on top of the :5: , :3: , :6: , and :1: in exactas.

Race 2: :6: Dive Down. Palma is deadly first off the claim, and he has run three good races in a row. Use on top of :1: and :4: .

Race 4: :8: Sausalito Sunset. Second time starter ran decently in straight maiden race, and now drops down for Koriner, who is excellent with lightly raced horses.

Race 6: :3: Vartan. This is a 14 horse field in a 6 1/2 furlong race with no speed. Seriously. I have never seen anything like this in Southern California, even in a cheap claimer. Vartan really isn't a consistent speed horse, but he did manage to run a big pace figure in his last race. That makes me think he can get the lead here, and if he does, he's gone. Use him over the :4: , :5: , :6: , and :9: .

Race 7: :3: Cheekaboo. The key question here is whether Cheekaboo can repeat her excellent race in the Honeymoon. She had a good workout coming off the race, so let's go with the theory that the Honeymoon win was no fluke. Use her over the :2: and the :4: in what looks like a pretty chalky race.

Race 8: :4: The All Button. In addition to having a great name (what bettor hasn't hit the all button at some point?), this second time starter / $250,000 two year old in training purchase was favored in his first out and showed good speed, then came back and worked in 47 and 4. Use him over the :7: and the :8: .

Race 9: :1: Ashleyluvssugar. This horse has post 1 and Gary Stevens, and got a great tune-up race in the Crystal Water. He should be ready to roll. Use him over the :5: , :7: , and :9: .

Race 10: :12: It's Just Bob. This is a very weak race. One race back, It's Just Bob broke his maiden and ran a speed figure that would crush this field if he can run back to it. His last race, against much tougher claimers, is a throw-out, so let's see if he can run back to the race one back.

dkbigsky
07-17-2016, 09:18 AM
This Delmar Card is tough today going to be some huge prices. The last race I have a lot of A horses. but I am going with the :2: