Nice France

Big truck used to attack

Many dead

dartman51
07-14-2016, 05:46 PM
They're announcing, at least 30 dead. :(

Fager Fan
07-14-2016, 05:51 PM
I bet it was a middle-aged white Catholic woman.

JustRalph
07-14-2016, 06:01 PM
There is some very very graphic video on Twitter

Gunman jumped from the truck

tucker6
07-14-2016, 06:14 PM
The result of unfettered immigration in addition to having qualms about profiling. See Israel for the opposite. Don't have these types of bombings there.

ebcorde
07-14-2016, 06:36 PM
a Nice is Nice city. A lot happening on the water because the Alps are right there.

Nothing you can do. That's a main road running parallel to the Med sea. People of all types and nationalities work around there. Italian, French Morocco, Libyan, Monaco,African Whatever they all look alike there.

ebcorde
07-14-2016, 06:38 PM
be like Miami here

classhandicapper
07-14-2016, 07:00 PM
This is just terrible. You just have to wonder when the liberals will wake up from their stupor and realize we are at war and have to temporarily tweak our ideals on immigration and giving help to refugees to be in sync with the real word we live in now.

Valuist
07-14-2016, 07:05 PM
They're announcing, at least 30 dead. :(

I heard 60 dead and 100 more injured.

ebcorde
07-14-2016, 07:07 PM
Deleted.

If people really want to see this they can find it.

Valuist
07-14-2016, 07:13 PM
CNN says death toll up to 73.

tucker6
07-14-2016, 07:13 PM
If the EU doesn't change its stance on immigration, France will follow Great Britain out the door.

dartman51
07-14-2016, 07:17 PM
And their immigration policies are what Hillary, and the Libs, want here. :bang:

rastajenk
07-14-2016, 07:20 PM
While at the same time trying to disarm us.

JustRalph
07-14-2016, 07:32 PM
deleted

Warning

That's pretty graphic stuff .........Maybe too much!

woodtoo
07-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Warning

That's pretty graphic stuff .........Maybe too much!
Thanks for the heads up. :ThmbUp:

Rise Over Run
07-14-2016, 09:26 PM
A despicable act and my condolences to the families of the victims. It's a shame we couldn't have stopped Global Wa.. (umm, I mean Climate Change) years ago. This never would have happened. :bang: :bang:

zico20
07-14-2016, 09:47 PM
A despicable act and my condolences to the families of the victims. It's a shame we couldn't have stopped Global Wa.. (umm, I mean Climate Change) years ago. This never would have happened. :bang: :bang:

Global warming would have been stopped years ago if it were not for all the morons who voted for GWB over the savior of our planet, Al Gore. :rolleyes:

Tom
07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Very sad.

Has Obama called for more gun laws yet?

ElKabong
07-14-2016, 10:33 PM
All of a sudden, trump is palatable. Just watched the carnage on daily caller via email, worse thing I've ever seen.

Simultaneously watched Gingrich roast Obama for his lack of success / policy on terrorism. A must watch regardless,of your political bent.

"Gee, if only we had more truck regulations...."

Time to get real, folks.

Rise Over Run
07-14-2016, 10:38 PM
Very sad.

The ultimate "FU" to LEO would be to light up the WH in the French Flag colors. Expecting an announcement in the next 24 hrs.

highnote
07-14-2016, 10:41 PM
George Friedman wrote in his column "This Week in Geopolitics":

"I don’t intend to discuss Iraq here. Everyone knows now that we should either have not gone to war or gone with greater force. Most people today agree that the execution of the Iraq war was deeply flawed—even those who forgot to say so or endorsed it at the time."

Hindsight is 20-20, but I do agree that the U.S. and it's allies should have either eliminated all extremism in the middle east with a major offensive or they should have brought all the troops home.

Now, it might be too late to bring them home without having the extremists follow them. So the only solution might be an all out total offensive that will utterly destroy the will of any terrorist who has any remote thought of committing an act of terror.

Killing people 80 or 100 at a time will never solve the terrorists problems, but at some point you have to wonder how far they can push the west until the west strikes back with a ferocity not seen since WWII.

The weapons of war were bad then. They're much more terrible now.

The war on terror is not going to die with a wimper. It will die when the will of terrorists is destroyed. It is going to get ugly.

PhantomOnTour
07-15-2016, 12:49 AM
The ultimate "FU" to LEO would be to light up the WH in the French Flag colors. Expecting an announcement in the next 24 hrs.
You mean...red white & blue ?

dartman51
07-15-2016, 12:51 AM
I don't believe you can kill the will of a terrorist. Anyone, who will strap a bomb on themselves, walk into a crowd, and blow themselves up, just to kill some infidels, has the type of will and commitment that will be very difficult to break. Personally, I believe the only option is wipe them out. Take no prisoners. Don't leave till the last one is dead. But, first and foremost, we must take the handcuffs off our soldiers. They are good, but difficult to fight with your hands tied. :mad:

highnote
07-15-2016, 12:56 AM
I don't believe you can kill the will of a terrorist. Anyone, who will strap a bomb on themselves, walk into a crowd, and blow themselves up, just to kill some infidels, has the type of will and commitment that will be very difficult to break. Personally, I believe the only option is wipe them out. Take no prisoners. Don't leave till the last one is dead. But, first and foremost, we must take the handcuffs off our soldiers. They are good, but difficult to fight with your hands tied. :mad:

The people of Japan were willing to fight to the death in WWII. The Emperor of Japan in WWII surrendered after the 2nd nuclear bomb was dropped because he knew that the Japanese culture might cease to exist if they didn't surrender.

At some point the cost of continuing to wage war is greater than the benefit. When that happens there will be peace.

I have a feeling Trump would be more willing to escalate the war against terrorism than HRC.

Tom
07-15-2016, 07:44 AM
You mean...red white & blue ?.

:lol: Nicely played!

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Very sad.

You see, I was right. Once we ban vehicles, people will be safe. You have to laugh at people who blame drunk drivers for the mayhem they cause because if they did not have a car to drive, people will still be alive.

Blame the tool, not the culprit!

As you see, I share Tom's sarcasm. Sarcasm is a way to protect your eyes to the profanity that better reflects my feelings.

highnote
07-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Former UK Prime Minister tweeted this today:

"A sickening and dreadful attack in Nice. I know we stand with the French people and share their values. They shall never defeat us."

I think he meant the "terrorists will never defeat us", but the way he wrote it and given the history between England and France, it sounds like "They" refers to France.

Why be ambiguous? Why not just say "terrorism shall never defeat us"?

ebcorde
07-15-2016, 02:44 PM
The people of Japan were willing to fight to the death in WWII. The Emperor of Japan in WWII surrendered after the 2nd nuclear bomb was dropped because he knew that the Japanese culture might cease to exist if they didn't surrender.

At some point the cost of continuing to wage war is greater than the benefit. When that happens there will be peace.

I have a feeling Trump would be more willing to escalate the war against terrorism than HRC.

escalate it? How is he going to pay for it? MORE DEBT

boxcar
07-15-2016, 03:01 PM

Sure. And we pay it off on the backs of the welfare junkies. Take away their free cells, free meals, free internet...and whatever else they're sponging off the American working taxpayers.

highnote
07-15-2016, 03:28 PM

The U.S. spent 682 billion on defense in 2012. More than the sum of the next 10 big spending countries. What's a few billion more?

You can pay for a lot of troops just with a few billion and a few billion more is not going to make a dent in what the U.S. spends.

Tom
07-15-2016, 03:31 PM
WE need truck free zones.

Oh, wait....this WAS in a truck free zone.

See, you liberal knuckleheads?
Gun-free, truck free - it don't work!~~:bang:

Valuist
07-15-2016, 03:35 PM
You see, I was right. Once we ban vehicles, people will be safe. You have to laugh at people who blame drunk drivers for the mayhem they cause because if they did not have a car to drive, people will still be alive.

Blame the tool, not the culprit!

As you see, I share Tom's sarcasm. Sarcasm is a way to protect your eyes to the profanity that better reflects my feelings.

I'm waiting for someone like De Blasio to push for a ban on knives and forks, due to America's obesity epidemic.

ebcorde
07-15-2016, 03:58 PM
The U.S. spent 682 billion on defense in 2012. More than the sum of the next 10 big spending countries. What's a few billion more?

You can pay for a lot of troops just with a few billion and a few billion more is not going to make a dent in what the U.S. spends.

Putin is still fighting the Chechens. Trump thinks Putin solved the Chechen problem, but he made it worse

a few billion won't cut it. we're talking Trillions US TROOPS in Libya, Somalia, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Gulf States, Tunisia, Algeria, all the way to India, and into the Russian Stans else they'll move around.

And we will be alone. UK and France obviously has different plans.