PDA

View Full Version : Clinton's VP

_______
07-14-2016, 04:33 PM
With all the fun of speculating about Trump's VP drained, let's start this discussion.

Kaine seems to be the consensus "safe" pick. He was already well vetted 8 years ago during Obama's campaign. Sherrod Brown might counter Trump's rust belt strategy but would leave his Senate seat replacement open to appointment by Ohio's Republican governor.

This is probably a less important decision than it was for Trump but there will still be some interest.

lamboguy
07-14-2016, 05:03 PM
even if she could pick god, she still wouldn't get elected. why speculate on something that in the scope of things doesn't matter at all?

_______
07-14-2016, 05:36 PM
even if she could pick god, she still wouldn't get elected. why speculate on something that in the scope of things doesn't matter at all?

She could pick Satan and still win Massachussetts. All super insider info aside of course.

How are things looking to your guy? Is he still having difficulty measuring the Hispanic vote but not any other demographic?

There are people that support Trump here that I consider serious. You should leave the passive aggressive nonsense to those who haven't disgraced themselves with obvious lies to inflate their own importance.

The internet is filled with unsubstantiated boasters. The difference between most of them and you? They were careful enough to avoid posting stuff that unmasked their ignorance.

I'll take criticism from reckless, PA, Ralph, Wood2 and any number of other adults on this subject. You need to get off three wheels before I take you seriously. That's going to be a serious lift considering the start you've had.

Fager Fan
07-14-2016, 05:49 PM
I'm finally going to ask. How do we "name" you in a post? The Underscore User? The Big Blank? The Amnesiac?

_______
07-14-2016, 06:09 PM
I'd prefer Maveric, Iceman, Goose, Viper, or Jester.

But most people just call me Don.

Fager Fan
07-14-2016, 06:12 PM

As I recall, things didn't end too well for Goose, so think Don is much better.

sammy the sage
07-14-2016, 09:02 PM

the dummy

Juan...you ain't

Dingbat

Dubious

the Con...sounds close

the Diligent...like this one

Smith & Jones...nobodies...about perfect...

Perion....never tried...but maybe someday!

incoming
07-14-2016, 09:54 PM
I'm finally going to ask. How do we "name" you in a post? The Underscore User? The Big Blank? The Amnesiac?
"LAYOFF" could work!! :)

_______
07-21-2016, 09:21 PM
Prediction: If Trump delivers a great speech tonight, Clinton announces her pick tomorrow to get it off the news.

If he steps in it, she waits as long as possible to leave the Republican convention as the top story.

You'll know how the Clinton campaign viewed the Republican convention by how long they want that story to run.

Tor Ekman
07-21-2016, 11:15 PM
Prediction: If Trump delivers a great speech tonight, Clinton announces her pick tomorrow to get it off the news.

If he steps in it, she waits as long as possible to leave the Republican convention as the top story.

You'll know how the Clinton campaign viewed the Republican convention by how long they want that story to run.The portly pantsuit must be sweating (her thigh chaffing must be brutal) as its already leaking out that her veep pick is Tim Kaine

mostpost
07-22-2016, 01:04 AM

You'll know how the Clinton campaign viewed the Republican convention by how long they want that story to run.
After that speech, she may wait until October.

johnhannibalsmith
07-22-2016, 02:14 AM
I hope she doesn't go all political with a strategic choice.

I'm hoping for her to show some class and reward loyalty and extra hard work on her behalf.

In other words, mostpost.

Inner Dirt
07-22-2016, 09:11 AM
I hope she doesn't go all political with a strategic choice.

I'm hoping for her to show some class and reward loyalty and extra hard work on her behalf.

In other words, mostpost.

Good one. How someone can stick up for the lying hag to that extent while not getting paid for it baffles the mind.

Tom
07-22-2016, 09:11 AM
Hillary/mostie.....with Horsey as the campaign manager!

And of course, hcap as Secretary of Alchemy.

davew
07-22-2016, 11:22 AM
she should name her token husband, Bill

he had the best democrat economy in recent history

barahona44
07-22-2016, 11:58 AM
she should name her token husband, Bill

he had the best democrat economy in recent history
Constitution forbids Prez and VP being from the same state, which is why Dick Cheyney changed his residence from Texas back to his native Wyoming in 2000.Also even if allowed,if something happened to the Hill, Bubba could not serve as president since he has already served 2 full terms, speaker of the House (Paul Ryan) would be prez.

rastajenk
07-22-2016, 12:35 PM
He would become the Economy Czar, according to Hillary herself. Maybe she didn't mention that title exactly, but it was clearly inferred. An unelected bureaucrat with unimpeachable powers.

But we're being told we have to be wary of Trump-style fascism. Based on nothing but bad faith.

Clocker
07-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Also even if allowed,if something happened to the Hill, Bubba could not serve as president since he has already served 2 full terms, speaker of the House (Paul Ryan) would be prez.

It might be challenged if it ever happened, but the Constitution only says no one can be elected to the presidency more than twice.

I can't imagine Bubba wanting a real job at this point in his life. With Hilly tied up in the White House, Bubba would have unrestricted play time.

barahona44
07-22-2016, 12:57 PM
It might be challenged if it ever happened, but the Constitution only says no one can be elected to the presidency more than twice.

I can't imagine Bubba wanting a real job at this point in his life. With Hilly tied up in the White House, Bubba would have unrestricted play time.
You're correct, Bubba could serve up to two years after Hillary .It' a nice 'what if' to discuss, but also I don't think the voters want a family dynasty in the WH, we've had enough of those lately.

barahona44
07-22-2016, 01:01 PM
He would become the Economy Czar, according to Hillary herself. Maybe she didn't mention that title exactly, but it was clearly inferred. An unelected bureaucrat with unimpeachable powers.

But we're being told we have to be wary of Trump-style fascism. Based on nothing but bad faith.
I forgot no president has ever had unelected advisors. I still remember those "Elect Karl Rove- 2000 Political Advisor" bumper stickers. :D

_______
07-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Constitution forbids Prez and VP being from the same state, which is why Dick Cheyney changed his residence from Texas back to his native Wyoming in 2000.Also even if allowed,if something happened to the Hill, Bubba could not serve as president since he has already served 2 full terms, speaker of the House (Paul Ryan) would be prez.

The constitution only forbids electors from their home state (New York) from voting for both of them. They could still vote for one or the other. There is no other prohibition against both elected members of the executive from being residents of the same state.

Clocker
07-22-2016, 01:47 PM
The constitution only forbids electors from their home state (New York) from voting for both of them.

From the stories I heard, it sounded like Bubba was homeless, just sleeping where ever he could find a warm bed. :p

mostpost
07-22-2016, 02:07 PM
The portly pantsuit must be sweating (her thigh chaffing must be brutal) as its already leaking out that her veep pick is Tim Kaine
I will bet all the money in my pockets (from which I have just removed my wallet) against all the money in your bank account that Tim Kaine will not be Clinton's choice.

Boris
07-22-2016, 02:15 PM
We won't find out today given what is happening in Germany.

_______
07-22-2016, 02:17 PM
I will bet all the money in my pockets (from which I have just removed my wallet) against all the money in your bank account that Tim Kaine will not be Clinton's choice.

He's a safe choice whose stock probably went up when Trump selected Pence. I think had the choice been Gingrich, she might have felt the need to roll the dice with someone who could keep up with him in a debate.

Elizabeth Warren tweeted that she hasn't heard from the campaign and thinks she would have if she were the pick.

Boris
07-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Elizabeth Warren tweeted that she hasn't heard from the campaign and thinks she would have if she were the pick.

Have her look up!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ea/55/a9/ea55a990eaba32b99ead3047b6379ab3.jpg

JustRalph
07-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Bill Clinton as economy Czar might be fun to watch. Considering he won't have Bill Gates and Intel to participate in an economic and computer revolution to prop up his economy.

I'll pass for tax cuts for corps and amnesty from taxes for big corps to come back to the US. I think Trump would go that route

davew
07-22-2016, 03:04 PM

Just think of all the time he could spend tutoring the young (but not illegal young) interns of the way of politics ....

dartman51
07-22-2016, 05:04 PM
Have her look up!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ea/55/a9/ea55a990eaba32b99ead3047b6379ab3.jpg

Pocahontas...... :lol:

barahona44
07-22-2016, 05:39 PM
Just think of all the time he could spend tutoring the young (but not illegal young) interns of the way of politics ....
"Young lady , a BLUE dress is part of the intern uniform code"

rastajenk
07-22-2016, 08:12 PM
MostiePostie, still wanna make that bet? :p

dartman51
07-22-2016, 08:15 PM

OOPS!!!!!! Wrong AGAIN. :lol:

upthecreek
07-22-2016, 08:30 PM
After that speech, she may wait until October.
I just checked my calendar and funny it says July I guess the speech wasn't as bad as you thought

johnhannibalsmith
07-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Good call mosite

rastajenk
07-22-2016, 08:38 PM
A handicappers' board is a tough crowd. :p

_______
07-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Read what he posted carefully.

"All the money in my pocket from which I have removed my wallet"

Am I the only one that got this? He bet nothing. He was saying Kaine would be the pick.

mostpost
07-22-2016, 10:32 PM

"All the money in my pocket from which I have removed my wallet"

Am I the only one that got this? He bet nothing. He was saying Kaine would be the pick.
I like your explanation, even though it is not exactly right. I was trying to make a bet in which I would lose nothing if I was wrong and win the contents of Tor Ekmans bank account if I was right. For some reason he would not take the bet. I didn't really have an opinion on who Hillary might pick.

Tom
07-22-2016, 10:45 PM
mostie will now give a speech next week at the convention and NOT endorse Hillary! :lol:

ArlJim78
07-22-2016, 11:50 PM
The dynamic duo.

johnhannibalsmith
07-22-2016, 11:55 PM

I think I speak pretty good mostpost after all these years and that sounded like as close to a prediction as you'll get from him on this sort of stuff. :lol:

OntheRail
07-23-2016, 12:11 AM
The dynamic duo.
First thing that popped in my mind after seeing that image... The Shining!

http://content6.flixster.com/movie/11/16/80/11168032_800.jpg

A bit of each can be seen.... :eek:

barahona44
07-23-2016, 12:24 AM
The dynamic duo.
Mock if you must , but Clinton just sewed up Virginia and if I'm her, I'm putting the Spanish-speaking Keane in a guayabera and turning him loose on all the former Republican voting Cubaños in Miami and Tampa, thus sewing up Florida.

And there goes the Trump victory math in a southerly direction.

Inner Dirt
07-23-2016, 03:18 AM
ABC interrupted Shark Tank twice to make the announcement, for those of us that don't give a crap that is annoying. Why couldn't it wait till the news a little over an hour later?

Tor Ekman
07-23-2016, 06:54 AM
I will bet all the money in my pockets (from which I have just removed my wallet) against all the money in your bank account that Tim Kaine will not be Clinton's choice.HA, HA, I hope you are better at picking the ponies . . . Now that the portly pantsuit has picked the moderate establishment white guy, thereby giving the finger to Bernie's supporters, not to mention what the BLM crowd will think about middle aged white guy Kaine, the portly pantsuit might be confronted with a "Kaine Mutiny" at the convention in Philly

barahona44
07-23-2016, 09:45 AM
HA, HA, I hope you are better at picking the ponies . . . Now that the portly pantsuit has picked the moderate establishment white guy, thereby giving the finger to Bernie's supporters, not to mention what the BLM crowd will think about middle aged white guy Kaine, the portly pantsuit might be confronted with a "Kaine Mutiny" at the convention in Philly
Bernie's supporters will be too busy picking up their "medical" Marijuana to worry about Kaine.

And a moderate is EXACTLY what this ticket needs.

Not to mention that the Republicans have not one but TWO white boys on their ticket.Love that diversity! :)

lamboguy
07-23-2016, 09:53 AM
excellent choice, instead of winning only 12 states she will now win 13.

Clocker
07-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Not to mention that the Republicans have not one but TWO white boys on their ticket.Love that diversity! :)

They have a white guy and an orange guy.

Orange is the new black. :p

tucker6
07-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Bernie's supporters will be too busy picking up their "medical" Marijuana to worry about Kaine.

why is race and sex that important to you when picking a president? Where on your list do you put qualifications? Personally, I look for the right person, not which box they checked for race on their census form.

reckless
07-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Mock if you must , but Clinton just sewed up Virginia and if I'm her, I'm putting the Spanish-speaking Keane in a guayabera and turning him loose on all the former Republican voting Cubaños in Miami and Tampa, thus sewing up Florida.

Don't be too quick in dismissing Trump's chances of winning Florida. I understand what you are saying per Hilary's strategy, but there's a major point everyone seems to keep missing when they speak of the 'hispanic' vote.

'Hispanics' are not a single homogeneous group, regardless of the Democrats attempt to make them a single and defined voting bloc and to convince people as such. Not true at all.

Kaine going to the barrios in Miami and Tampa Bay speaking 'Spanish' will not work in the way I believe you suggested it will.

As you probably know, Cubans are a much different breed than Mexicans and especially South Americans.

To court the 'hispanic' vote in Florida, it will be the message that will work for them and not who is the messenger.

Trump's message of economic opportunity, national security and freedom and liberty will go much further in winning their vote in Florida than Hilary's scary 'I know what's best for you and what you need'.

Clocker
07-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Trump's message of economic opportunity, national security and freedom and liberty will go much further in winning their vote in Florida than Hilary's scary 'I know what's best for you and what you need'.

Freedom and liberty are words, and ideas, I find conspicuous by their absence in Trump speeches and policies. A tad unusual for a supposed Republican.

_______
07-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Don't be too quick in dismissing Trump's chances of winning Florida. I understand what you are saying per Hilary's strategy, but there's a major point everyone seems to keep missing when they speak of the 'hispanic' vote.

'Hispanics' are not a single homogeneous group, regardless of the Democrats attempt to make them a single and defined voting bloc and to convince people as such. Not true at all.

Kaine going to the barrios in Miami and Tampa Bay speaking 'Spanish' will not work in the way I believe you suggested it will.

As you probably know, Cubans are a much different breed than Mexicans and especially South Americans.

To court the 'hispanic' vote in Florida, it will be the message that will work for them and not who is the messenger.

Good overall point on the complexity of the Hispanic vote.

One of the consequences of the catastrophic economic policies in Puerto Rico has been the migration of those unable to find work to places where they can. Florida has been a prime destination for many of those.

Unfortunately, they bring their Democratic loyalty with them despite any lessons you might hope they would have learned.

This is a big reason (along with younger Cubans being less loyal Republican voters than their parents were) why I don't think Florida is as competitive in high turnout elections for Republican's as many think. The electorate is markedly different from 2000.

zico20
07-23-2016, 10:40 AM

Is that like the Democrats having sewed up Tennessee when Gore became their nominee. :lol: If Gore would have won his own state he would have been president. Virginia is not in the bag for Hillary, not by a longshot.

Fager Fan
07-23-2016, 10:49 AM

So do the Dems.

barahona44
07-23-2016, 07:50 PM
why is race and sex that important to you when picking a president? Where on your list do you put qualifications? Personally, I look for the right person, not which box they checked for race on their census form.
I was responding to Tor Ekman who used the phrase "white guy" in his original post.

letswastemoney
07-25-2016, 04:23 PM
Does anyone care Time Kaine is tied to the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamic extremist organization?

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/23/clinton-vp-pick-tim-kaines-islamist-ties/

In 2007, Kaine was the Governor of Virginia and, of all people, chose Muslim American Society (MAS) President Esam Omeish to the state’s Immigration Commission.

Federal prosecutors said in a 2008 court filing that MAS was “founded as the overt arm of the Muslim Brotherhood in America.” A Chicago Tribune investigation in 2004 confirmed it, as well as MAS’ crafty use of deceptive semantics to appear moderate. Convicted terrorist and admitted U.S. Muslim Brotherhood member Abdurrahman Alamoudi testified in 2012, “Everyone knows that MAS is the Muslim Brotherhood.”

Clocker
07-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Kaine sells out on his abortion 'principles'.

Democratic vice-presidential pick Tim Kaine has privately told nominee Hillary Clinton he will support repeal of the Hyde Amendment, a 1976 provision that bans the use of federal dollars for abortion services, Clinton spokesman Jesse Ferguson and Kaine spokeswoman Amy Dudley said Tuesday.

The position is a reversal for Kaine, who earlier this month told the Weekly Standard, a conservative magazine, that he's "traditionally been a supporter of the Hyde amendment."

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-07-27/after-vp-selection-kaine-endorses-repeal-of-hyde-amendment-on-abortion (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-07-27/after-vp-selection-kaine-endorses-repeal-of-hyde-amendment-on-abortion)

Tom
07-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Bananacrats have no principles.
Requirement for party membership, along with integrity, morality, credibility....

dartman51
07-27-2016, 12:48 PM

No kidding. It didn't work too well for Marco, and I would venture to guess that he speaks Spanish as well as Tim Kaine. :D

barahona44
07-27-2016, 06:35 PM
No kidding. It didn't work too well for Marco, and I would venture to guess that he speaks Spanish as well as Tim Kaine. :D
Rubio got 62 % of the Cuban vote in the Florida primary.Trump 18%.Clinton is not going to win the Cuban vote in FL,but she can take away some of Trump's limited support.Don't think for a minute some people there won't be upset about Trump's treatment of "Little Marco"

Tor Ekman
07-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Kaine looks like the portrait of a wimpy henpecked husband sitting meekly alongside the portly pantsuit . . . terrible career move for him, might as well have cut off his balls and placed them in a mason jar in his attic