PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE READ ALL WEEK!

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Now, I'm not going to defend for a minute what this guy said to the girl, but read the entire article, and then see what you think. After you finish shaking your head and stop yourself from falling off the seat because of uncontrollable laughter.....please respond back....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=8&u=/ap/20040709/ap_on_re_us/girl_s_name_2

By the way, this is the hilarious part, but I urge you to read the whole thing. It will actually shed some light on why there are people in this world like Sec and LJB:

Democratic state Assemblyman Mervyn Dymally, who had scheduled a protest by civil rights organizations, canceled the demonstration after an apparent mix-up over the girl's racial background.

Dymally was quoted in the San Jose Mercury News Thursday saying the child was "a little African-American girl. Would he (Riordan) have done that to a white girl?"

The girl is white, with blonde hair.

Dymally did not return telephone calls. His office issued a statement Wednesday calling Riordan's remarks to the girl "outrageous and irresponsible," then issued another statement Thursday saying, "To err is human; to forgive is divine."

"Race is not a factor in this issue," Dymally said in Thursday's statement, adding that Riordan had apologized a second time. "It is time for us to move on."

Secretariat
07-08-2004, 10:25 PM
And that's what you focus on in the article? Let's hope some idiot never says anything like that to your 6 year old daughter. And this guy is the Education Secretary? I guess wealth buys anything.

Tom
07-08-2004, 10:25 PM
"It is time for us to move on.".....dot-org?????

hehehehehehehe
Brain dead people like to move on. Quickly.
LOL, and of course, LOL.
:rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
And that's what you focus on in the article? Let's hope some idiot never says anything like that to your 6 year old daughter. And this guy is the Education Secretary? I guess wealth buys anything.

That's EXACTLY what I focus on, because THAT is the MOST DANGEROUS THING in the article.

After all, the girl's own mother is perfectly happy with the apology, and wants to let it go. Why should I be any different?

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Hey Sec,

So you are saying that it is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE for an ELECTED Assemblyman to care more for a phantom black girl than for the little white girl that was assaulted with these comments?

You should be outraged at that assemblyman. He was ready to move heaven and earth because he thought she was black. The minute he found out he screwed up and that the girl was white, everything was OK??? The comments all of a sudden are FORGIVEABLE??

Man, there is no defense for thinking like this. And you are defending this!!??

Then again, should I have expected anything different from you?

SHAME ON YOU!

JustRalph
07-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Hey Sec,

So you are saying that it is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE for an ELECTED Assemblyman to care more for a phantom black girl than for the little white girl that was assaulted with these comments?

You should be outraged at that assemblyman. He was ready to move heaven and earth because he thought she was black. The minute he found out he screwed up and that the girl was white, everything was OK??? The comments all of a sudden are FORGIVEABLE??

Man, there is no defense for thinking like this. And you are defending this!!??

Then again, should I have expected anything different from you?

SHAME ON YOU!

Isn't it amazing? Great Post Pa. I missed that one. I agree with you on this one all the way...........double standard you think?

chickenhead
07-09-2004, 10:25 AM
talk about a grumpy old man! Must have been time for his nap.