PDA

View Full Version : Sweet home Chicago

JustRalph
07-13-2016, 09:32 AM
These numbers are amazing. 2100 shot. The Ferguson effect in full display. Increase by 700.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/12/icymi-2100-people-have-been-shot-in-chicago/

"Weekend gun violence in Chicago pushed the number of people shot in the city this year to around 2,100 — about 700 more than this time last year.

A total of 43 people were shot in the city over the weekend, four of them fatally. Nineteen of those were shot during an 11-hour stretch Friday night into Saturday morning, including two men wounded on a crowded sidewalk outside a taco restaurant in Wicker Park, according to police."

Why is this tolerated?

woodtoo
07-13-2016, 09:35 AM
Sounds like the old wild west up there in Chi-town.

Tom
07-13-2016, 09:59 AM
BLM, but not in Chi-Town.

Where is the outrage, or maybe, just maybe, this whole street thug parade BS is not at all about BLM, but just your basic, everyday bigotry by Black America?

Clocker
07-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Why is this tolerated?

The Ferguson Effect in action:

Violence in Chicago is reaching epidemic proportions. In the first five months of 2016, someone was shot every 2¹/₂ hours and someone murdered every 14 hours, for a total of nearly 1,400 nonfatal shooting victims and 240 fatalities.

Over Memorial Day weekend, 69 people were shot, nearly one per hour, dwarfing the previous year’s tally of 53 shootings over the same period. The violence is spilling over from the city’s gang-infested South and West sides into the downtown business district; even Lake Shore Drive has seen drive-by shootings and robberies.

The growing mayhem is the result of Chicago police officers’ withdrawal from proactive enforcement, making the city a dramatic example of what I have called the “Ferguson effect.”

Since the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., in August 2014, the conceit that American policing is lethally racist has dominated the national airwaves and political discourse, from the White House on down.

In fact, this sentiment appears to be what fueled the slaying of five officers in Dallas after white cops shot black men in Baton Rouge, La., and Minnesota last week.

In response to this feeling, cops in minority neighborhoods in Chicago and other cities around the country are backing off pedestrian stops and public-order policing — and criminals are flourishing in the resulting vacuum.

Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel warned in October 2015 that officers were going “fetal,” as shootings in the city skyrocketed. Residents of Chicago’s high-crime areas are paying the price.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/how-the-ferguson-effect-is-destroying-chicago/ (http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/how-the-ferguson-effect-is-destroying-chicago/)

Valuist
07-13-2016, 10:30 AM
It should be pointed out that the bulk of these shootings are happening in several specific neighborhoods (although Wicker Park is NOT normally one of them). Yes, there's some extremely dangerous neighborhoods, but far from all of them in Chicago.

davew
07-13-2016, 10:34 AM

Where is the outrage, or maybe, just maybe, this whole street thug parade BS is not at all about BLM, but just your basic, everyday bigotry by Black America?

It is alright when blacks kill blacks. The problem is the laws in this country are mostly made by white people. Blacks should have the freedom for some activities - armed robbery, drug sale, human trafficking, looting, carjacking.. dead people sometimes are a result of this

Marshall Bennett
07-13-2016, 10:35 AM

Where is the outrage
None of the blacks are being shot by whites.
If black lives matter, they have a funny way of showing it on the south side of Chicago. :cool:

Tor Ekman
07-13-2016, 10:38 AM
While Obama has made umpteen speeches about racially biased policing, he has made exactly one speech regarding the outrageous criminal activity in his home town of Chicago, the worst of which is the number of black-on-black shootings, which continues to mount. Some leader

boxcar
07-13-2016, 11:06 AM

There can't be any outrage. Black Lives Don't Matter when blacks shoot blacks. And I would bet the farm that the vast majority of these shooting crimes are committed by blacks. I repeat: The vast majority of them...

Hank
07-13-2016, 01:46 PM
These numbers are amazing. 2100 shot. The Ferguson effect in full display. Increase by 700.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/12/icymi-2100-people-have-been-shot-in-chicago/

"Weekend gun violence in Chicago pushed the number of people shot in the city this year to around 2,100 — about 700 more than this time last year.

A total of 43 people were shot in the city over the weekend, four of them fatally. Nineteen of those were shot during an 11-hour stretch Friday night into Saturday morning, including two men wounded on a crowded sidewalk outside a taco restaurant in Wicker Park, according to police."

Why is this tolerated?

"Why is this tolerated?" You guys are the best. :lol: :lol:

Clocker
07-13-2016, 02:14 PM

Why is it tolerated by the Democratic city government and by the citizens that elect them? From the article I linked to above:

In March 2015, the ACLU of Illinois accused the Chicago Police Department of engaging in racially biased stops, locally called “investigatory stops,” because its stop rate did not match population ratios.

Despite the groundlessness of the ACLU’s racial-bias charges, then–police Superintendent Garry McCarthy and the city’s corporation counsel signed an agreement in August 2015 allowing the ACLU to review all future stops made by the department. The agreement also created an independent monitor for police stops. “Why McCarthy agreed to put the ACLU in charge is beyond us,” says a homicide detective.

On January 1, 2016, the police department rolled out a new form for documenting investigatory stops, developed to meet ACLU demands. The new form, traditionally called a contact card, was two pages long and contained a whopping 70 fields of information to be filled out, including three narrative sections. The new contact card took 30 minutes to complete. Every contact card is forwarded to the ACLU. Stops dropped nearly 90 percent in the first quarter of 2016. Detectives had long relied on the information contained in contact cards to solve crimes.

Chicago is notorious for plea bargains that drop gun related crimes in exchange for pleading guilty to a lesser offense.

Bills introduced in the Illinois legislature to impose longer minimum sentences for gun crimes are killed because they have a disparate impact on minorities.

JustRalph
07-13-2016, 02:28 PM

Rudy Guiliani could fix it in two years......he did it in NY

Tom
07-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Hank thinks the carnage is funny.

Tom
07-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Tonight on Hannity, they are going to scroll all the names of everyone murdered in Chicago this year.

JustRalph
07-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Tonight on Hannity, they are going to scroll all the names of everyone murdered in Chicago this year.

It's a 3 hour Hannity special?

Marshall Bennett
07-13-2016, 06:55 PM
It's a 3 hour Hannity special?
By 8 PM cst will be 3 hours 9 minutes. :)

woodtoo
07-13-2016, 07:06 PM
If you live in a large city it may be safe to stay home evening Friday July 15th.
A " day of rage " is being planned in Major American cities.
Note to Mostie, Snopes has debunked this. We'll see.
Not sure where the marching orders are coming from.

p.s. If you live in Chicago, just another night. :rolleyes:

thaskalos
07-13-2016, 08:59 PM
The overwhelming majority of the shootings is confined to certain well-known areas which are terribly neglected by the police. In the rest of the city, the policemen's job usually entails sitting in ambush late at night on a lookout for some unsuspecting motorist who might not come to a complete stop at a stop sign on some deserted side street. Or putting up roadblocks in search of seatbelt-law violators.

boxcar
07-13-2016, 09:25 PM

Hank probably won't be able to contain his belly rolls.

mostpost
07-13-2016, 10:11 PM
If you live in a large city it may be safe to stay home evening Friday July 15th.
A " day of rage " is being planned in Major American cities.
Note to Mostie, Snopes has debunked this. We'll see.
Not sure where the marching orders are coming from.
I think i will take the word of Snopes as opposed to the word of a bunch of incestuous crackpot right wing websites. Especially when their only evidence is a you tube video that anyone could have posted.

Marshall Bennett
07-14-2016, 03:36 PM
The overwhelming majority of the shootings is confined to certain well-known areas which are terribly neglected by the police. In the rest of the city, the policemen's job usually entails sitting in ambush late at night on a lookout for some unsuspecting motorist who might not come to a complete stop at a stop sign on some deserted side street. Or putting up roadblocks in search of seatbelt-law violators.
I don't blame the cops, I'd avoid the area too. Talk about being outnumbered and hated to the core. Let the assholes kill each other off. Who needs them????????
I bet you could count the cops with your fingers that park and wait to write tickets at stop signs for more than a minute in Chicago. You're post deserves one finger, guess which one.

Tom
07-14-2016, 03:39 PM
I think i will take the word of Snopes as opposed to the word of a bunch of incestuous crackpot right wing websites. Especially when their only evidence is a you tube video that anyone could have posted.

Please, go out that night and have a good time.
Tell you what, I will foot the bill for your evening, just stay out late.

Valuist
07-14-2016, 03:43 PM
FYI, when traveling there, if you want to sound like a tourist say "Chi-Town" as many times as possible. That will clearly mark one as a non-resident.

Delta Cone
07-14-2016, 04:15 PM
FYI, when traveling there, if you want to sound like a tourist say "Chi-Town" as many times as possible. That will clearly mark one as a non-resident.

Yes! When the NFL draft was in town they kept repeating that phrase. :bang:

Clearly nobody in NFL marketing is from the area.

davew
11-20-2016, 08:43 PM
I guess when your grandkid gets shot dead, it is time to consider it a state of emergency

http://www.politico.com/states/illinois/story/2016/11/danny-davis-wants-state-of-emergency-declaration-in-parts-of-city-107512

woodtoo
11-21-2016, 09:48 AM
from the article; Chicago 3926 shot 703 dead so far in 2016.
Any tips on the best hotels?

Tom
11-21-2016, 12:04 PM
from the article; Chicago 3926 shot 703 dead so far in 2016.
Any tips on the best hotels?

Boise.

olddaddy
11-21-2016, 12:31 PM
I bet you could count the cops with your fingers that park and wait to write tickets at stop signs for more than a minute in Chicago.

Thats correct, those days are long gone. The districts that are low crime are grossly undermanned and they arent sitting around to write tickets. Maybe in the days of yore but not now. Although that is a true statement in most of Chicagos suburbs.

EasyGoer89
11-21-2016, 01:00 PM

Snopes!!

All I can say is wow.

EasyGoer89
11-21-2016, 01:06 PM
I guess when your grandkid gets shot dead, it is time to consider it a state of emergency

http://www.politico.com/states/illinois/story/2016/11/danny-davis-wants-state-of-emergency-declaration-in-parts-of-city-107512

Maybe Madame president :lol: and the currents commander in chief of golf can get al 'the unifier' Sharpton right on this, he can grab his friend Jesse 'please pardon hillary' Jackson and they can both head to chi town and preach unity and luvvvvvv.

With all these a$$ clowns in one place, Chicago will become a HAPPY TOWN filled with balloons, birthday cake and laughter. Aah, the laughter.

woodtoo
12-02-2016, 01:18 PM
A record of 77 homicides Rahm says no worries we got this nothing to see here, move along...interesting to see if Trump can slow this next year.
like he said "what have you got to lose."

Tom
12-02-2016, 01:26 PM
like he said "what have you got to lose."

Idiots like Rahm?

Maybe he can find a sanctuary city in Mexico - for scum like himself.

davew
01-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Loretta Lynch is giving press conference now saying Chicago cops are using excessive force and do not have enough training....

Tom
01-13-2017, 04:50 PM
What a POS she is.
Don't these slimeball dems have a shred a decency? Rhetorical.

She obviously has no clues what is going on in Chicago and who is doing it.
Typical liberal - lying through her teeth.

I think she and OBama should dismiss their security teams and walk hand in hand through the streets of Chicago tomorrow - to show the country how much they are loved by their people.

Maybe Barry could hand out some more medals to the street scum they meet.

RunForTheRoses
02-05-2017, 04:32 PM
http://abc7chicago.com/news/51-murdered-299-shot-in-chicago-in-january-2017-cpd-says/1731383/

Police recorded 51 murders across the city last month, one more than January 2016, the department said. However, the department said in a release last year that 51 people were murdered in Chicago in January 2016.