PDA

View Full Version : Security walks out on WNBA game

tucker6
07-12-2016, 07:43 AM
http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/16999653/minneapolis-police-leave-security-posts-minnesota-lynx-game-protest-shirts

When will people realize the workplace is no place for political statements. A completely misguided act.

The black warmup shirts worn said "Change Starts With Us -- Justice and Accountability" on the front. (Accountability is a Lynx team mantra.) The back of the shirt featured the names of Castile and Sterling, the Dallas Police Department shield and, at the bottom, "Black Lives Matter." Castile was killed by a suburban St. Paul police officer during a traffic stop.

"If we take this time to see that this is a human issue and speak out together, we can greatly decrease fear and create change," the Lynx's Maya Moore said prior to Saturday's game. "Tonight we will be wearing shirts to honor and mourn the losses of precious American citizens and to plead for change in all of us."

Four off-duty Minneapolis police officers who were working security for Saturday's Lynx game elected to leave their job at Target Center over the players' stance. When asked by the Star Tribune if other officers will replace those who quit, Kroll said, "If [the players] are going to keep their stance, all officers may refuse to work there."

Tom
07-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Who watches WNBA? :rolleyes:

Let them play without security.
Who cares?

If I were cop, I would walk out too.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-12-2016, 01:45 PM
They need to stop responding to 911 calls from Democrats.

JustRalph
07-12-2016, 04:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7tkK-1-fFM

Tom
07-13-2016, 07:54 AM
"911, what's your party affiliation?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

classhandicapper
07-13-2016, 11:08 AM
I think we should assign as many minority cops as possible to minority neighborhoods. That way when these things happen anyway, we can at least remove race from the discussion on how we can do a better job recruiting, training, and policing and avoiding these deaths. We already know that left wing politicians, race hucksters, and the media will lie and rile up those that lack the intelligence to understand all the issues (not that all the left wing politicians have the intelligence to understand the data either). So we may as well try to short circuit their political strategy and save good cops.

MONEY
07-13-2016, 11:18 AM
I think we should assign as many minority cops as possible to minority neighborhoods. That way when these things happen anyway, we can at least remove race from the discussion on how we can do a better job recruiting, training, and policing and avoiding these deaths. We already know that left wing politicians, race hucksters, and the media will lie and rile up those that lack the intelligence to understand all the issues (not that all the left wing politicians have the intelligence to understand the data either). So we may as well try to short circuit their political strategy and save good cops.
The race of the cop doesn't matter to the anti-cop movement.
A good portion of black men killed by cops were killed by minority cops.
Cops work for The Man, The Man is powerful white people, so minority cops are Uncle Toms.

JustRalph
07-13-2016, 12:45 PM

Can't even come close to this because there are not enough minority cops. In Columbus Ohio for a decade a Federal judge ordered that 15% of every police class had to be minority/black. They gave a huge preference to black males in testing etc. They couldn't fill enough classes. When they did, most black officers washed out. For mostly academic reasons.

Black officers were very hard to get through background investigations. Some things were ignored and eventually came out. Including felony convictions. Then they started cheating for the black officers on the state test. They got caught providing answers etc. the last straw was the police department started making up new jobs for minority officers, such as parking lot security at the precinct houses and some fire stations. It was a freaking mess.

They finally created a minority hiring team that got the numbers up. Here's an old article about it from 2007

In 1985 I took the test at CPD just after leaving the Air Force. 600 applicants took the test over 3 days at the state Fairgrounds. I was number 19 on the list. When they called us in for fingerprints a few months later, they lined us up alphabetically. There was a black guy with the same last name. We were discussing the test. He told me he scored a 38........but got 5 points for being a veteran which pushed him over the 40 score he needed to pass. I took another police job not long after that.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2007/07/15/blackcops.ART_ART_07-15-07_A1_1V798VG.html

Tor Ekman
07-13-2016, 01:00 PM
How come Shillary and Sen. Fauxcahontas Warren aren't kvetching that the gals in the WNBA are not receiving equal pay for equal work compared to their male NBA counterparts???

Tom
07-13-2016, 02:34 PM
The REAL question.....
How many of the girls on that team have given Billy Boy a hummer?

classhandicapper
07-13-2016, 04:53 PM
The race of the cop doesn't matter to the anti-cop movement.
A good portion of black men killed by cops were killed by minority cops.

My feeling is that one reason it doesn't matter is that some politicians and race hucksters (and a lot of the media) are trying to use the issue for political and/or financial gain. They are promoting that exaggeration. The fact that some of the deaths are black on black, black on white, white on white etc... is an inconvenient truth. That's not the story they want to tell. They want it to be about white on black shootings. That story gets defused a bit if almost all the cases are black on black, white on white, or black on white.

If we can't get a lot more black cops, that blows my idea out of the water a little. Then at least send the Hispanic cops to black neighborhoods. White cops have to be removed the equation so race is removed from the equation.

The one fly in the ointment is that if we send most blacks and Hispanics to the black neighborhoods, they may cry racism is causing us to send minorities to the more dangerous neighborhoods.