PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet app, shows best ticket for your Exacta picks.

Ray2000
07-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Here's a small and free Excel spreadsheet for Harness that collects real time tote info and calculates the best way to structure your top 3 picks in the Exacta. It's similiar to my spreadsheet "Boardwatch" but uses SuperTote instead of the eBet web site.

You will need a Brisnet account for Supertote but sign up is free and there's no hassle or ads.
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/totedb/tracks.cgi

What it does.

When logged in at your account, you can get Toteboard Win odds for all entries and current Exacta Pays for your top 3 (or any 3) picks. It also calculates Place probability, current minimum Place return, ave return and hi liights green if ave return is greater than needed for the chance to hit the Place bet. I left this feature in but it's not that useful unless current place pool is $1000 or more.

Its main use is to show the relative dollar return (ROI) on 3 horses (your picks) for 5 different ways of playing the Exacta
Box ABC
KeyBox A
Box AB
Straight AB
Wheel A/BC

It hi lights the best return for each way of playing the Exacta.
The actual ROIs may be wrong but what is important is the relative returns.
The highest number should give the best expectation of return on the dollar and you may decide to put $6 on a straight A-B rather than $1 box ABC

See the Sheet "Help" for how to set up and use.

Post here or PM me if you need any help.

Spreadsheet can be downloaded at:
http://ge.tt/7zAaKJc2

green80
07-10-2016, 02:54 PM
I couldn't get the app to download

Ray2000
07-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Most likely your virus protection or firewall is stopping it.

It downloads for me.

try this zipped version, and see if your set up will open it

http://ge.tt/1tSJRJc2

Dave Schwartz
07-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Ray,

FYI, I tried to download it and it threw a security warning in the download process. (Not about your file, but about the site's reputation.)

Dave

Ray2000
07-10-2016, 04:07 PM
thx Dave, I've used this file sharing site before and never had a problem but things change so forget them...

PA does allow uploads of zip files so here's that spreadsheet attached.

timtam
07-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Hey Ray,

I was just reading some posts on superfectas and your name was

recommended. I read some of your past posts. Do you still have any

videos on Youtube?

Ray2000
07-11-2016, 04:41 AM
timtam
Thanks, but I think you might be mixing me up with someone else.

I've never put any videos on the net.

I got sucked into some Dime Supers in the past but have returned to Exacta play. :)

Sinner369
07-11-2016, 06:12 AM
Ray2000, can you make a similar Excel file for playing the Triactor?

Much appreciated if you can because I play more triactors than exactas.

timtam
07-11-2016, 06:43 AM
I do remember a nice High 5 at Mohawk about a month ago :)

Ray2000
07-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Ray2000, can you make a similar Excel file for playing the Triactor?

Much appreciated if you can because I play more triactors than exactas.
Sinner369
In theory yes but...

For the Trifecta the spreadsheet would need to calculate the probability for each horse to beat the rest of the field for each case of 2 horses removed from the race. This becomes a 12 sided, 3 dimensional array and too much for me to get into right now. Also, the program needs "Will Pays" and those aren't available for Trifectas. Would have to use estimates based on Exacta pays?

Ray2000
07-11-2016, 08:27 AM
I do remember a nice High 5 at Mohawk about a month ago :)

Yes, Carryovers are the exception.. :)

Ray2000
01-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Brisbet has done away with Supertote so if anyone has been using this app or thinking of trying it out, sorry, it no longer works.

If you want it to see/use it to make your own version at a different toteboard site . . then use the file found in reply #5, not reply #3.