PDA

View Full Version : Corrine Brown indicted

zico20
07-09-2016, 06:46 PM
The Congresswoman from Florida and her chief of staff have been indicted on 24 counts of fraud for using a fake charity for personal use. She has been a member of Congress since 1993. She had 800,000 deposited into the charity but only paid out 2 scholarships totaling 1200 dollars.

I guess the Democrats, who are complaining about Trump University see no problem with this since nobody is speaking out against her from her side of the aisle.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/287012-congresswoman-indicted-on-24-counts-of-fraud

Tom
07-09-2016, 07:26 PM
This kind of behavior is normal for bananacrats - they are thieves and liars and see nothing wrong with it. They are the party of loose lips and sticky fingers.

Hillary and Obama will never bring this up.....would not doubt both are getting a cut. :lol:

boxcar
07-09-2016, 08:09 PM
This kind of behavior is normal for bananacrats - they are thieves and liars and see nothing wrong with it. They are the party of loose lips and sticky fingers.

Hillary and Obama will never bring this up.....would not doubt both are getting a cut. :lol:

Quite right. After all, besides party affiliation, sex affiliation, there is also a color issue here. Da brudders and da sisters do have to stick together, don't ya know? :rolleyes:

horses4courses
07-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Lots happens in Florida, I guess.......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cli-L12UoAAUodV.jpg

zico20
07-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Lots happens in Florida, I guess.......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cli-L12UoAAUodV.jpg

I will finish that sentence. "Hot blondes get one free pass." :jump:

Clocker
07-09-2016, 09:49 PM
No mention of this one?
Lots happens in Florida, I guess.....

An unproven allegation of an improper contribution of $25K versus an indictment of fraud involving $800K. Yeah, pretty much the same thing. :rolleyes:

All of which is bush league compared to the multiple millions of bucks of influence peddling by the Clintons.

Glad to see the libs have a good sense of perspective, and of distinguishing between inference and fact.

davew
07-10-2016, 12:52 AM
Clintons need to give seminars for their fellow dems - corruption without consequences...

Tom
07-10-2016, 08:25 AM
Other than the left's poster-boy, crickets.

We have found an antidote for leftist BS......TRUTH! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tucker6
07-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Other than the left's poster-boy, crickets.

We have found an antidote for leftist BS......TRUTH! :lol: :lol: :lol:
and even at that, H4C had to go deep into the interweb to find something to counter the story rather than just admit they have a bad apple.

woodtoo
07-10-2016, 09:42 AM
and even at that, H4C had to go deep into the interweb to find something to counter the story rather than just admit they have a bad apple.
He cant handle the truth.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-10-2016, 12:16 PM
The Congresswoman from Florida and her chief of staff have been indicted on 24 counts of fraud for using a fake charity for personal use. She has been a member of Congress since 1993. She had 800,000 deposited into the charity but only paid out 2 scholarships totaling 1200 dollars.

I guess the Democrats, who are complaining about Trump University see no problem with this since nobody is speaking out against her from her side of the aisle.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/287012-congresswoman-indicted-on-24-counts-of-fraud

I cannot single out Democrats for the corruption of most career politicians. The only ones indicted are the ones that are caught. This can be eliminated by eliminating career politicians with term limits. (The advantages of incumbents running for re-election are too numerous to identify them all).

Since no career politician will ever create a law that will take away their job, the only way it can be done is to pass a law that excludes the current crooks, er politicians, from the law.

This is why it is so important to elect Donald Trump. For all of his faults, HE IS NOT A CAREER POLITICIAN.

whodoyoulike
07-10-2016, 02:16 PM

She sure does look guilty from the picture in the article.

mostpost
07-10-2016, 03:12 PM
It's so hard to find deserving candidates these days. :rolleyes:

Maybe they are waiting until she is actually convicted; if she is convicted.

Saratoga_Mike
07-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Maybe they are waiting until she is actually convicted; if she is convicted.

Hmm, why the rush to judgment on Trump?

"Donald Trump has used a fake university to steal money from people who are least able to afford it." -MostPost

Double-standard? Hypocrisy?

To be clear, I think Trump Univ was a complete joke, and I don't support his candidacy, just pointing out your hypocrisy. With a Dem, it's "IF" they're convicted. With a nominal Rep (Trump), there's zero presumption of innocence.

mostpost
07-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Wikipedia has a list of Executive and Legislative politicians convicted of some kind of crime since the McKinley administration. 55 were Republicans. 55 were Democrats. Neither party has a monopoly on virtue. Neither party has a monopoly on corruption.

Saratoga_Mike
07-10-2016, 03:50 PM
That was my point - glad to hear it from you. Now if we can just get the Cubs back on track.

mostpost
07-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Hmm, why the rush to judgment on Trump?

"Donald Trump has used a fake university to steal money from people who are least able to afford it." -MostPost

Double-standard? Hypocrisy?

To be clear, I think Trump Univ was a complete joke, and I don't support his candidacy, just pointing out your hypocrisy. With a Dem, it's "IF" they're convicted. With a nominal Rep (Trump), there's zero presumption of innocence.
I thought Zico20 was questioning why Corrine Brown's Democratic colleagues in Congress were not calling her out. It is perfectly reasonable that they not do so while the case makes its way through the courts.

Folks commenting on line have no such obligation.

What do I think of this situation? I think she is innocent until proven guilty, but I am not encouraged.

If you missed it, check out my reply in bold, in the body of zico20's OP

mostpost
07-10-2016, 06:00 PM
That was my point - glad to hear it from you. Now if we can just get the Cubs back on track.
The Cubs gave up 26 Home Runs in their last 11 games. Might be why they were 2-9 in those games.

Tom
07-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Just when we thing you can't sink any lower, you wave up at us again.
Pathetic.

mostpost
07-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Just when we thing you can't sink any lower, you wave up at us again.
Pathetic.
Because I said the Cubs gave up 26 Home Runs in 11 games? It's true. Look it up.