PDA

View Full Version : Our Brilliant Homeland Security

sq764
07-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Maybe it's me, but did it take Ridge and his department to figure out the election and/or Olympics MAY present an opportunity for a terrorist strike??

I am reading this bulletin and thinking "No shit"..

Lefty
07-08-2004, 01:03 PM
sq, some people don't know that you're not supposed to put a cup of scalding hot coffe in your lap. Some people continued to drive 60MPH on Firestone tires even after the warning was out. Some people leave their babies in locked cars in the summertime. Yuh just gotta cover all the bases...

ljb
07-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Lefty,
You forgot, some people think there are WMDs in Iraq. :D

Steve 'StatMan'
07-08-2004, 01:53 PM
And people yelled, whined and complained that they didn't hear anyting about the potential for terror attacks before 9/11. So now they're telling us. They don't know specifics now, like they didn't know back then, either. But the people indicated that they wanted to be informed, so there you have it.

ljb
07-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Steve,
Basically this is just a campaign trick by the RNC. You know, just pump up the fear and they will vote for us in their ignorant belief that we can protect them.

ljb
07-08-2004, 02:13 PM
This is first paragraph of story on Yahoo.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge on Thursday warned Americans that al Qaeda may try to carry out "a large-scale attack" to disrupt upcoming elections, but offered no details and had no plans to raise the terror threat level.

Wow he could probably post on this board he sounds just like the rightys here. Many words but says nothing.;)

sq764
07-08-2004, 02:15 PM
I guess the whole notion of being told to be careful, vigilint, stay out of crowds, careful of mass transit, weary of people that appear out of place, weary of foreigners, of traveling, etc.. is getting old.

Unless you have a specific threat or at least SOME details, then don't scare the shit out of anyone..

If there are people that do not know we are on alert for attacks during an election and during the Olympics, then they have either been sleeping for 3 years or are stupid.

chickenhead
07-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
And people yelled, whined and complained that they didn't hear anyting about the potential for terror attacks before 9/11. So now they're telling us. They don't know specifics now, like they didn't know back then, either. But the people indicated that they wanted to be informed, so there you have it.

I think people yelled whined and complained mostly because 3,000 died....people don't want to be informed, they want to be protected. And we did hear about the potenetial for terrorist attacks anyway, millenium bomber, etc.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Steve,
Basically this is just a campaign trick by the RNC. You know, just pump up the fear and they will vote for us in their ignorant belief that we can protect them.

You are misinformed. Alarmingly misinformed.

However, luckily, the people are being informed properly. To suggest this is a campaign trick is the height of insanity.

Shame on you.

ljb
07-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Pa,
You are misinformed sadly misinformed. To use the threat of terroists attacks for political gain is shameful.
For shame for shame.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ljb
To use the threat of terroists attacks for political gain is shameful.

There is no politcal gain to be had. What if they withold this bit of info, and someone attacks the conventions??

Then a memo will appear down the road, just like with 9/11, and you'll be crying how Bush ignored these obvious signals of attack!!!

How can THEY NOT report to the people if something appears on the radar? You've made it impossible to filter anything in the future.

SHAME ON YOU!

ljb
07-08-2004, 06:01 PM
From Pa,

What if they withold this bit of info, and someone attacks the conventions??
Exactly what bit of info are you reffering to here?

JustRalph
07-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ljb
From Pa,

We don't know the full extent of it yet...........but like PA says.......if it is withheld, and then info comes out after it is no longer classified or harmful, your type will cry and bitch forever. It is a double edge sword wrought by stupid bastards like you.........and your duplicitious partners.............and now the Gubbermint has to come out with these warnings because if they don't they may face some lard ass Congressional committee down the road and have their careers and the private life ruined by the accomplices of the 4th estate. So, get used to these warnings. Your type is responsible for them.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ljb
From Pa,

Are you that dense? Or do you just love to argue?

Steve 'StatMan'
07-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Steve,

Congratulations LJB. Now you're totally messed up like Michael Moore. The only difference is he diments and diludes people by the thousands, and you, well, who knows.

Can't warn the public because its a campaign ploy.

Can't not warn them cause of consquences should something happens and the people will try holding the goverment accountable for not warning them.

Drop dead LJB. You serve no useful purpose.

bill
07-08-2004, 07:30 PM
bastard? foff

i was rite to peg you

egotistical i wot even waste any more words on you

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 10:02 PM
It would help if we knew who you were addressing your "John F*** Kerry off" comment towards.

Tom
07-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Lefty,
You forgot, some people think there are WMDs in Iraq. :D
You mean some people think there WEREN'T.

Tom
07-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Steve,

Wrong again. You are getting good at being wrong.
The Senate had a closed-door briefing on things that we are not being told for national security reasons. When they came out, both parties were very serrious about the extreme seriousness of the facts they were told.
You guys whinned like littel girls that no one told anyone anything pre-9-11 now you complian it was all a political ploy.
But boy, YOU have been warned. What crap are you gong to comeout with after the next attack?

bill
07-08-2004, 10:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by ljb
From Pa,

We don't know the full extent of it yet...........but like PA says.......if it is withheld, and then info comes out after it is no longer classified or harmful, your type will cry and bitch forever. It is a double edge sword wrought by stupid bastards like you.........and your duplicitious partners.............and now the Gubbermint has to come out with these warnings because if they don't they may face some lard ass Congressional committee down the road and have their careers and the private life ruined by the accomplices of the 4th estate. So, get used to these warnings. Your type is responsible for them.

Report this post to a moderator

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Bastards is an allowable word (they use it on NYPD Blue). Stupid bastard...now that is a bit inflamatory, but this is off topic....

Tom
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
BTW,
Al Qeada could not disrupt our election any worse the DNC did in 2000 in thier vain attempt at a coup. They sunk as low as to try to deny vets overdseas their vote.
The DNC is the real threat to destroy this nation.

Lefty
07-08-2004, 11:36 PM
lbj, exactly right. There are people that believed wmd's were in Iraq. i.e. Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Madelyn Albrighit, Hillary Clinton, Teddy Kennedy and John Kerry just to name a few.

JustRalph
07-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Bastards is an allowable word (they use it on NYPD Blue). Stupid bastard...now that is a bit inflamatory, but this is off topic....

I meant it in the best possible light.............

ljb
07-09-2004, 07:38 AM
From Steve,
Drop dead LJB. You serve no useful purpose.

Cool, looks like the truth is starting to bite Steve in the arse! :D :D :D
Your just a Cheney wannabe aren't you.

ljb
07-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Steve,

Well fellows it looks like I was right. So far they have scared JR, Tom, Pa, Lefty and you. If there is anyone I have missed, just add your name. :D

Steve 'StatMan'
07-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Originally posted by ljb
Steve,

Well fellows it looks like I was right. So far they have scared JR, Tom, Pa, Lefty and you. If there is anyone I have missed, just add your name. :D

I'm not scared at all regarding the terror warnings. I'm just disturbed with all the dishearting statments and half truths that are being said about our government and leaders. Whether any of us care for the current leaders or not, spreading irresponsible statments that discourage national confidence is just a bad thing for the country. I have enough confidence in our leaders, be they Dems, or Repubs, to believe they would never stoop as low as you've suggested.

Nothing has bitten my arse yet, and I'm not going to let the mosquittos of half-truth give me encephalitis.

Tom
07-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Scared of Al-Qeada? Don't make me laugh. I sit here comfortble knowing that around the world, terrorists are being rounded up and taken out of action, while our current administration is probably overdoing it here, but nevertheless, threats are being discovered and stopped cold before they can take place, which is exactly what you, Ljb(astard) have been whinning about for onths now. We are being kept in the loop as much as they can. The senate, as I pointed out, was given a thorough briefing about real dangers and LIBERAL DEMS came out in total agreement that there is a serious threat out there being dealt with.
Now, this is not being given a lot of press, but, the Bush adminstration invited the Kerry people in for a complete and unbiased briefing of the threats being alluded to yesterday as early as last week, but Kerry has been too busy to bother showing up. Instead, like you, Ljb(astard) prefer to speculate and whine and make blind accusations rather than get actual facts. If I get bit on the arse by the truth every so often, it is becaseu I don't run and hide from the truth-I connfront it head on and when it disproces me, I accept it, make adjsutments to my thinking, and move ahead. You call that spin.
So. for you liberal school attendees let's review the main points:
>Kerry, an elect official, fails to represent his people by missing vote after vote.
> Kerry, offered the truth and facts, choose to avoid them and throw rocks, like other trolls.
> Kerry has values, but will not stand up for them for fear of offending other people.
Does this sound like a leader to you?
Class dismissed.

Lefty
07-10-2004, 02:31 AM
lbj, once again you libs want 2 desserts with your supper. If there were no alerts and something happened you'd scream Bush shoulda warned us. You say he didn't do enough before 9-11 and trying to scare us now. It's just preposterous what you guys say.

Secretariat
07-10-2004, 02:34 AM
Why don't we just stay on permanent alert, then we wouldn't have to deal with this.

I have a question. What do people do who are color blind about these alerts?

Lefty
07-10-2004, 03:00 AM
sec, guess they have to listen to the announcer say the color so hope they aren't also deaf. But not to worry, lbj says it's just to frighten us anyway.

Secretariat
07-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Some more homeland security successes along with the color scheme and kiaks.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=2&u=/ap/20040710/ap_on_re_us/los_alamos_missing_items_1

Tom
07-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Nostalgia. Just like in the Clinton years.
I hesistate to ask, but is there a point here or just another link?

Secretariat
07-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Nostalgia. Just like in the Clinton years.
I hesistate to ask, but is there a point here or just another link?

You don't think this relates to our national security Tom?