PDA

View Full Version : Julie Krone Done???

Buddha
07-08-2004, 03:13 AM
She may be done. Full artiole at http://www.drf.com/news/article/57134.html

charleslanger
07-08-2004, 04:33 AM
She was such a pleasure to watch ride at Del Mar ride last year: she took full advantage of distance/track profile/bias-- and even if she by chance happened to be on a frontrunner while stuck way outside in a sprint full of speedsters, you wouldn't need to worry: you could usually count on her to outbreak the whole field, angle inside, then relax her mount back off the head of one pacesetter--it was a marvel to see the speedsters who drew inside of her now attempting to give chase down the backstretch while outside her! And the key word is relaxed: she had a great internal clock: if the pacesetter wanted to get speed-crazy, she'd let it inch away a bit, then come back to collar it coming out of the turn.
If she drew inside in a sprint on a front-runner-- and you knew everybody else'd also be gunning for the lead, you could still count on her to hold the lead & not lose position while still saving horse down the backstretch, then re-break at the quarter pole.
She also won a bunch of races from dead last-- and not by looping wide, but by fearlessly threading through traffic.

She just looked invincible, and I think the other jocks knew this. They couldn't outbreak her, burn her up on the lead, carry her out to the parking lot... Having never raced out there & coming back from a couple of injuries, she made all those name jockeys chew saddle.

In some quarters she's never gotten her due-- the one year she missed the Saratoga title by one win, she missed a week of riding-- something similar occurred at one Gulfstream & one Belmont meet. She takes a backseat to no one IMO.

Macdiarmadillo
07-08-2004, 09:51 PM
She came back from a long layoff and won against some of the best jocks around. Reminds me of the movie "The Natural". She has a lot of cred including a Belmont Stakes with Colonial Affair, a BC win in her "second life", tons of stakes wins.

Of course, she couldn't sit still after her announced retirement. If she gets healthy, who knows? She's leaving it open this time.

Now who's going to fight it out (on the track, I mean) with the intimidator, P Val?

kenwoodallpromos
07-09-2004, 02:02 AM
Maybe she will become a commentator.

delayjf
07-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Friend of mine went to Hollywood this weekend and saw Julie there. He suspects that the reason she's not riding at Del mar is that she is in terrible shape. That she's gained a lot of weight. Given her injury it's understandable. Hope she finds some motivation and makes it back.