PDA

View Full Version : C J Englehart blazing up the track at Belmont -- 6 wins in 12 attempts since June 16!

TheOracle
07-04-2016, 12:25 PM
C J Englehart's horses have been on fire since June 16th they have won 6 races in their last 12 attempts!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/cjenglehartbeljun.jpg

He has these 2 today

1st race
#3 Lucky Lou Pal

3rd race
#2 Fratello Del Nord

Both of these are huge longshots but win prices have been low at Belmont for the past 2 days so I'm wondering if some big prices are coming today!!!

Let's see what happens!!!

jpjpicks
07-04-2016, 08:47 PM
like i said all along I LOVE YOUR WORK me an you need to hookup an other Handicappers out there love your work 2 they just dont say it get some BALLS an say something all
jimmy

TheOracle
07-04-2016, 09:49 PM
like i said all along I LOVE YOUR WORK me an you need to hookup an other Handicappers out there love your work 2 they just dont say it get some BALLS an say something all
jimmy

Thanks JPJ

I was hoping one of the two C J Englehart horses could have won today but if you played his horses across the board today it would have cost you $12 and you would have won $17.70 which is a 47.5% return on your money for the wager!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/cjenglehartbeljunjly.jpg

So even though they didn't win you're still getting close to a 50% return on your money on the day!!!

This makes 5 in a row for him that have hit the board and 6 wins in the last 14 attempts for his horses!!!

I will definitely be watching his horses for the rest of the season!!!

andicap
07-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Oracle,

Have you found your trends continue to work going forward? That is, a lot of time when a handicapper has identified some trend or pattern, it is too late: The trend has already run its course OR the crowd has caught up to it killing the prices.

TheOracle
07-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Oracle,

Have you found your trends continue to work going forward? That is, a lot of time when a handicapper has identified some trend or pattern, it is too late: The trend has already run its course OR the crowd has caught up to it killing the prices.

Hey Andi,

From what I've been noticing most of the time many of the trends drop off at around 6 or 7 occurrences in a row.

Usually when I find them they are already at 5 or 6 in a row and sometimes when I get around to reporting them it's at 7 or 8 in a row before they drop off as a trend.

I also find that for the trainer trends when their horses are winning the public is usually all over it and the prices are pretty slim across the board because they've been bet down to nothing by the time the race starts.

However, I have noticed that in many instances when a trainer is hitting the board and his horses are finishing to place and show the prices are pretty decent. It's almost as if the public doesn't notice unless the trainer is winning in which case you can pick up some pretty decent place and show prices which I believe is the case with C J Englehart and R E Nicks so far at Belmont.

You definitely have a point, by the time you catch a trend it's already going cold but if I can even catch the tail end of one, for me, it's much better than I had been doing by way of handicapping. Handicapping just didn't work for me so I started looking at trends.

TheOracle
07-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Here is a streak I found last year for J T Ryerson's Maidens mostly on the Inner Dirt at Aqueduct

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127721&highlight=ryerson

His Maidens hit the board 14 straight times and he only had 2 wins during the streak by the time it was over, at $2 per wager to show each time, it would have cost you $30 and you would have won $48.30 which resulted in a 61% return on your money and that was way better than the return across the board which was only 24%.

The long streaks don't happen very often but when the Trainer is hitting the board and not necessarily winning sometimes you can find value in the place and show wagering.

TheOracle
07-05-2016, 11:07 AM
J T Ryerson actually had 3 wins during the streak.

andicap
07-05-2016, 11:14 AM
interesting point about place and show -- and I agree the public doesn't notice that trend.

Another point: When trying to beat a trainer in a streak like that you have to respect his horse no matter what it looks like on paper.

ultracapper
07-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Oracle,

Late for the wedding, on time for the funeral.

This one will be worth watching as this trainer hasn't had any run backs. It will be interesting to see if the winners can keep their form and the ITM finishers can take a step forward. I also agree that the public doesn't catch on when a trainer is hitting the board but not winning. Traditional trainer stats are heavily weighted towards win numbers.

TheOracle
07-09-2016, 12:29 PM
C J Englehart has this in the 11th race today at Belmont
#3 Nubin Ridge

His horses have hit the board 5 straight times since June 26th, let's see if he can make it 6 in a row today!!!

TheOracle
07-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Since this post C J Englehart's horses have hit the board just once in 4 attempts

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/cjenglehartbelovrall.jpg

I will continue to watch him for the last week of the season at Belmont!!!

TheOracle
07-13-2016, 12:32 PM
C J Englehart has these 2 today at Belmont
2nd race
#2 Hundred Percent

8th race
#1 Unrepented

Let's see what happens!!!

TheOracle
07-14-2016, 12:51 PM
C J Englehart hit the board with #2 Hundred Percent and #1 Unrepented yesterday at Belmont but #2 Hundred Percent finished 2nd and #1 Unrepented finished 3rd!!

Together they paid $9.40 across the board but at a cost of $2 to win, place and show you were still in the hole for $2.60!!

I was hoping #2 Hundred Percent would win but it was not the case as that would have given you a better return on your money!!!