View Full Version : Protection or not

judd
07-04-2016, 12:04 PM
My desktop with Windows 10 I have Kaspersky
My I- pad nothing
Why is that? Apple so much advanced

Inner Dirt
07-04-2016, 12:34 PM
In my 20 years of being on the internet I learned a few things. I have not needed protection if I only frequent professional websites for forums and to make purchases. Also only visit social websites (If that what you call Pace Advantage) that are frequented by older adults.

If you have a teenage boy in your house who goes on the internet, no amount of protection will keep you 100% problem free. Gave my friend's son his first job at 18, he had no car and lived 85 miles away so he just stayed with me Mon-Fri and his dad picked him up and dropped him off. I only had older adults using my internet (35 and up) for 10 years until Derek. I was constantly debugging computer problems and I had anti virus software running 24-7.

By a process of elimination I found the origin of most the trouble came from a social networking site for teens called High 5. I told him he was banned from going there and if he did go there again he would be kicking in for groceries. That was a good enough threat he stopped going there and the future problems were minimal. The kid was 6'8" 300 pounds and ate enough to feed a normal family of 4.

_______
07-04-2016, 01:02 PM
There is nothing intrinsic in Apple's OS that prevents cyber criminals from targeting it.

But why spend resources going after a smaller user base when the same effort yields so much more reward targeting the larger Windows user base?

It's also more difficult to hack a UNIX based system like OS which is, by its nature, sandboxed. Mac's have a series of fire doors that make it much more difficult to reach the heart of the machine.

OS devices can absolutely be hacked. There are exploits in the wild. But criminals are lazy and the reward for the extra effort required isn't there.

JustRalph
07-04-2016, 05:21 PM
There is nothing intrinsic in Apple's OS that prevents cyber criminals from targeting it.

But why spend resources going after a smaller user base when the same effort yields so much more reward targeting the larger Windows user base?

It's also more difficult to hack a UNIX based system like OS which is, by its nature, sandboxed. Mac's have a series of fire doors that make it much more difficult to reach the heart of the machine.

OS devices can absolutely be hacked. There are exploits in the wild. But criminals are lazy and the reward for the extra effort required isn't there.

Great post👍

Tom
07-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Microsoft has wide open doors and a red carpet leading inside.