PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: July 3

Teach
07-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Race One:

“M’ama…non m’ama!” All I’m missing are daisy petals. 4 or 2…2 or 4. I’m goin’ with the proven quantity. The gen-u-ine article. :4: Malibu Princess. This Malibu Moon-bred filly is cutting back a half-panel. That helps. She looks like the controlling speed. “On the engine…” One of the meets leading riders, Manny Franco, is in the irons. This filly just missed against slightly better in her last. Mike Mareina’s a very capable trainer. Yet, he does have a low MSW win-record. Concerning. Decent morning work. On the other hand, :2: Madcap Heiress is a highly-priced 3 year-old Speightstown-bred filly (her connections took an inordinate amount of time in getting her to the races). Dividends at first-asking? First-time starters all often a mystery: this in no exception. Solid, speedy array of morning works. Impressive. Does that…will that translate onto the pari-mutuel racetrack? Chris DeCarlo is in the irons for trainer Brad Cox. Trainer Cox does very well with horses entered in MSW races. Others: :1: / :1a: , :6:

Race Two:

:2: Iron Mizz gets my tepid nod in this large-field New York state-bred MSW turf sprint. My thinking is that if Victor Lebron can get this Todd Pletcher trainee out and going on the break, he should, with that alert start, have clear sailing along the rail. Then, if all goes according to Hoyle, Lebron can ration out this Cozzene-bred filly’s speed. Admittedly, a lot of “ifs”. Todd Pletcher – he does very well with horses making their second career start – is this 2 year-old’s conditioner. Others: :11: , :7: , :8:

I'll have my other selections, later.

Teach
07-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Race Three:

I'm going to try for a mild upset (this looks like a four-horse race). :6: Protection looks like "the closer" here. If the front-speed ties up in this seven panels turf sprint/route, I'm thinkin' this gelded son of Exchange Rate might just get the job done. My major concern is that this Danzig-bred has a habit of being a "bridesmaid," or should I say a "groomsman". He does have the services of the veteran Aaron Gryder. I might add that Mike Maker is a most capable trainer. Maker does particularly well in claiming events. This gelding did run against better in his last; however, he did finish fifth in that one. Others: :1: / :1a: ; :2: . :3:

Teach
07-03-2016, 02:56 PM
Race Four:

:6: Haveyougoneaway gets my nod in the 100k Dancin Renee state-bred sprint. This over-achieving 5 year-old chestnut mare has been a model of consistency in her last several races. Only once in her last ten pari-mutuel tries has she finished off the board. In addition, this A.P. Indy-bred has the services of "The King of Philadelphia," Liston, LA's Kendrick Carmouche. Carmouche does particularly well in sprint events. The mare's trainer is Tom Morley. Morley has a solid record with horses going from route to sprint. This Congrats-bred has hit the tote in nine out of ten tries at this distance. Others: :5: , :4: , :7:

Teach
07-03-2016, 03:11 PM
I'm goin' for the Pick-6. I'll be back shortly with my selections. As always, good luck!

Teach
07-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Race Five: :6: , :5: , :3: , :4:

Race Six: :6: , :4: , :8: , :1:

Race Seven: :4: , :2: , :6: , :8:

Race Eight: :11: , :8: , :5: , :3:

Race Nine: :6: , :7: , :4: , :2:

Race Ten: :8: , :9: , :5: , :4:

Zaf
07-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Your doing pretty good so far :ThmbUp:

R6 :6: :4: :7: