PDA

View Full Version : Indians/Toronto

JustRalph
07-01-2016, 07:13 PM
In the bottom of the 18th tied 1-1

Both teams out of pitchers

Just watched Toronto 2nd baseman Goins pitch out of a bases loaded jamb.

The guy is throwing an 85mph fastball, a two seamer that's dropping like a rock.

He has a very good feel for when to throw the change up.

I hope he gets the win

barahona44
07-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Red Sox and Orioles played a similar game a couple of years back.Chris Davis came in from first base and mowed down Boston.One of the Sox backup outfielders pitched and was quickly knocked around for an O's victory.

Marshall Bennett
07-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Had to pull for the Indians here, 14th straight win and a franchise record. :cool:

JustRalph
07-02-2016, 12:01 AM
Had to pull for the Indians here, 14th straight win and a franchise record. :cool:

Same here. Being a Buckeye growing up in Columbus you mostly cheered for the Reds, but the Indians were the 2nd team you followed. The year of the strike both teams were in first place and there was talk of an I-71 series.... It all went away with the strike

Francona could be manager of the year if they can keep rolling.

* Indians won in the 19th off a Home run

14 wins in a row 👍

RXB
07-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Same here. Being a Buckeye growing up in Columbus you mostly cheered for the Reds, but the Indians were the 2nd team you followed. The year of the strike both teams were in first place and there was talk of an I-71 series.... It all went away with the strike

The strike. :( My beloved Expos. 74 wins, 40 losses. Best record in baseball. 20-3 after the All Star game, and then... Rien.

I cheered for the Indians in the '97 World Series. A bunch of us were at a bar watching Game 7. Meza lost the lead in the ninth, then Fernandez' error in extra innings. Ouch. But maybe this will be the big year for sports teams in Cleveland.

Marshall Bennett
07-02-2016, 05:40 AM
Will be interesting to see how the two teams play today after what amounted to a double-header without any break. Both bullpins were used up. Indians even used today's starter to close out game yesterday, the Bluejays a position player.

Valuist
07-04-2016, 01:27 AM
We saw a textbook angle at work on Sunday. When a team, in any sport, has a win streak of 8 games or more, when the streak is finally broken, they often come back and lose the next game as well. Happened again, as the Jays win 17-1.