PDA

View Full Version : ENRON EXEC INDICTED

Lefty
07-07-2004, 05:08 PM
A while back on this board when Bush was accused of being in bed with Enron I pointed out that the Bush Justice Dept. was busily preparing cases against these crooks that got away with their skulduggery during Clinton Adm. I was poohed, poohed. Well, libs, there goes another of your lies down the drain.
Ken Lay has just been indicted.

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Shhhhhhhh. Enron is a thriving company, don't you know that?? LOL

Yup, Enron has certainly reaped the benefits of a Bush administration, haven't they? At least that's what certain members here would have you believe.

freeneasy
07-07-2004, 05:58 PM
i hope those clowns get the crap choked out em. bunch of jive time turkey"s.

JustMissed
07-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Hey, no slam on Bush cause I'm pretty sure I'll vote for him, but this is all part of the plan.

Just look at the calendar. Only 4 months til November so guess what?; the trial won't happen til 2005 or later. Guess what, they may drop the charges or even if he is convicted, guess who is going to get pardoned.

Hey, the whole thing is scripted out anyway. Take a look at John Edward's wife, what a fat pig she is. Do you think the N.O.W. are really behind a V.P. that would let his wife overeat so much.

I tell you. I have never seen a group try to lose an election like the Kerry/Edwards bunch. Amazining.

My hat is off to the Skull & Bones Club. Great job boys!

JM

:)

Secretariat
07-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeah Enron got no breaks from the government.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/business/story/9670882p-10594196c.html

KEN LAY POLITICAL ACTIVITY: Nicknamed "Kenny Boy" by President Bush (news - web sites). In Enron's heyday under Lay's leadership, Bush received more than $550,000 from the company, its employees and their relatives during his political career — the most from any source. More than 250 members of Congress from both parties also received Enron contributions, though three-fourths of $5.77 million given to candidates since 1989 went to Republicans. Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites) sought Lay's input on energy policy and Lay routinely spoke publicly on economic and energy policy.

Even with the govt. perks their greed was insatiable and they screwed their employees and investors.

I welcome this, but I sure hope it is a conviction, and not some political game. The indictment is sealed. I am curious what he will be charged with.

JustRalph
07-07-2004, 10:46 PM
yeah.....sure ........Federal Indictments for all my friends next Xmas!

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Yup, and a bankrupt company....what a gift!

I'll say it again:

Enron sure has reaped the benefits of a Bush presidency.

Want to spin some more Sec? There ain't no spinning this....I doubt you'd want to trade places right now with Kenny Boy, or Jeff Skilling for that matter...

Secretariat
07-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Yup, and a bankrupt company....what a gift!

I'll say it again:

Enron sure has reaped the benefits of a Bush presidency.

Want to spin some more Sec? There ain't no spinning this....I doubt you'd want to trade places right now with Kenny Boy, or Jeff Skilling for that matter...

No one said the company or shareholder reaped the benefits, but look at the money Lay ("Kenny Boy" referred to by GW) and Skilling made. That's the whole point. They bilked employees and investors. It's obscene. A company going bankrupt has nothing to do with government bail outs if in fact the graft at the top reaches Cheyney proportions. Did you look at the link I posted? As to Lay, I'm not sure that Bush wouldn't pardon him after the election anyway.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 03:29 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040708/ap_on_bi_ge/enron_lay&cid=509&ncid=716

The highly anticipated action came Wednesday, two and a half years into a methodical investigation that has produced charges against some of Lay's once most highly trusted lieutenants, including his hand-picked protege, former CEO Jeffrey Skilling.

Prosecutors have aggressively pursued the one-time celebrity CEO and friend and contributor to President Bush (news - web sites) who led Enron's rise to No. 7 in the Fortune 500 and resigned within weeks of its stunning failure. Lay is the 30th and highest-profile individual charged.

Skilling succeeded Lay as CEO in February 2001 and resigned abruptly six months later, just weeks before the scandal broke. He was indicted in February on nearly three dozen counts of fraud and other crimes.

Keep spinning how being friendly with Bush got him and his company preferential treatment. I'm sure the 30 or so individuals facing criminal and civil charges WON'T be agreeing with you anytime soon.

Lance
07-08-2004, 05:10 AM
JustMissed wrote:

"Take a look at John Edward's wife, what a fat pig she is."

Take a look at yourself, JustMissed. What kind of a "man" writes something like this? Take a look at Mrs. Edwards' family and history. Then take a look at yourself. Then compare the two. Then ask yourself why you anonymously spew this kind of cruelty. And yes, the same thing goes for anyone taking shots at GW Bush's kids, or Ronald Reagan's wife, or Cheney's daughter. It's all politics. It's all BS. It's all disgraceful. Argue the issues. Argue like a man. Taking cheap shots at wives and kids is chickensh##.

ljb
07-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Ken Lay was spotted coming out of church last Sunday. He said He has found the lord but is still having problems finding the money he stole from Enron workers/investors. ;)

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 09:48 AM
The Justice Department will help him find it....

eclecticapper
07-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Way back in December 2001, Business Week ran an article which outlined why the only option was to proceed with building a case against any/all potentially guilty parties (http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/dec2001/nf2001123_2455.htm). Whoever made the final decision to NOT offer Ken Lay a Cabinet position in the Bush administration certainly saved the White House from what would have been a rather embarrassing situation.

Lefty
07-08-2004, 11:50 AM
sec, you must have Ken Lay mixed up with Mark Rich and Bush mixed ip with Clinton.

ljb
07-08-2004, 02:01 PM
From PA,\
The Justice Department will help him find it....

Just a thought, they may want to start looking in the Bush/Cheneyexpletive campaign fund. ;)

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 04:40 PM
This is a serious matter. Your jokes are not appreciated. Many people lost not only their jobs, but their retirement savings.

I for one am quite happy the Bush Administration is going after these criminals.

ljb
07-08-2004, 05:59 PM
The Enron gang gave more money to the Bush(expletive-deleted) campaign fund they any other group. I too am happy to see that politics has finally forced the Bush gang to go after the golden goose.
Now let's see if there is any follow up.

JustRalph
07-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by ljb
The Enron gang gave more money to the Bush(expletive-deleted) campaign fund they any other group. I too am happy to see that politics has finally forced the Bush gang to go after the golden goose.

You are such a dipshit it is incredible. What do you think? Federal indictments will just be lost like the Rose Law Firm Records? Nope.....the system is working and you try to make political Hay out of it. Jump off..............

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ljb

Who were they going to give more more money to??? GORE??? Of course they gave more money to Bush/Cheney.

Dense.

Let's see how much money John F*** Kerry pulls in, and from who.

Lefty
07-08-2004, 11:42 PM
lbj, why don't you stop making accusations you can't backup? Do you just like to read your own typing?