PDA

View Full Version : Minus pool show betting

showonly
06-27-2016, 02:09 AM
Since the advent of net pool pricing i am aware that some betting locations do not accept those bets. I am interested in participating in the large show pool arena. any advice as to logistics would be appreciated. thx

SG4
06-28-2016, 02:49 PM
Since the advent of net pool pricing i am aware that some betting locations do not accept those bets. I am interested in participating in the large show pool arena. any advice as to logistics would be appreciated. thx

I know Twinspires & Xpressbet will provide you with a warning & may proceed to close your account if you have bets which contribute to a minus pool or if you have a pattern of bets being part of a minus pool. Never got a warning from TVG or NYRA Rewards, not sure if they just have a higher threshhold or don't care. Guess you can always go to an actual track or OTB & probably get $ down without an issue.

showonly
06-28-2016, 03:27 PM
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. ADW's then are not going to work. Does anyone have any experiences either at OTB's or race tracks. Could I buy vouchers and hold them until I needed them? Would example santa anita simulcast not allow me to make minus pool bet at another track? People are making these bets i would like any information as to how they are executing them. thx again

cj
06-28-2016, 03:34 PM
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. ADW's then are not going to work. Does anyone have any experiences either at OTB's or race tracks. Could I buy vouchers and hold them until I needed them? Would example santa anita simulcast not allow me to make minus pool bet at another track? People are making these bets i would like any information as to how they are executing them. thx again

I've never heard of a track denying a person the right to bet into another track's show pool unless it was declared before betting opened.

Rise Over Run
06-28-2016, 04:01 PM
I've never heard of a track denying a person the right to bet into another track's show pool unless it was declared before betting opened.
They do it all the time. The NJ tracks (and NJAW before TVG/NJBets) would routinely not take show betting on races they thought could result in a negative pool they had to cover.

SuperPickle
06-28-2016, 05:53 PM

You can do it in person at pretty much any track or simulcasting place and you won't get hassled because how would they know what you're doing.

However account wagering sites will most likely hassle you. Nasty email, etc.

showonly
06-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Thx everyone for the input. Does anyone happen to know how long vouchers in california are valid.

cj
06-28-2016, 09:03 PM
They do it all the time. The NJ tracks (and NJAW before TVG/NJBets) would routinely not take show betting on races they thought could result in a negative pool they had to cover.

Yes, but it was announced beforehand, no? They don't select who can and can't make the bets. It applies to everyone and is known early.

SG4
06-29-2016, 10:44 AM
Yes, but it was announced beforehand, no? They don't select who can and can't make the bets. It applies to everyone and is known early.

I had one instance when I tried to make a bet (either show or place) on a heavy favorite & it was denied by the ADW saying the pool was closed. Not sure if it was a glitch at the time as it hasn't happened again, but there was definitely a show & place pool on the race in question.

Redboard
06-30-2016, 08:26 AM

Some tracks have higher minimum show payouts than others ($2.20 vs. $2.10). Happy bridge-jumping!

SG4
06-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Also some tracks allow show betting with only 4 runners. Guess I never saw such a short field there until this spring, but couldn't believe a major track like Keeneland fit this bill. Assinoba Downs is the other I've come across, not sure how many others.

The $2.20 minimum payout tracks left are Prairie Meadows, Mountaineer & Charles Town. At least one of them keeps show betting to fields of 6 or more I think, maybe Mountaineer.