PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory CD Pick 6 Payout.....Under the Lights

Vinman
06-26-2016, 12:08 PM
I just confirmed by phone with Churchill Downs mutuels that there will indeed be a mandatory payout in their 20 cent "Single Six" wager next Saturday night, 7/2, the final day of the meet.

Carryover is nearly $700,000 going into today's card.

Vinman

stringmail
06-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Unless they cancel the last race and keep all the money to seed the next meet :cool:

johnhannibalsmith
06-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I'd look at playing a mandatory pay with a pool like that if I thought I could trust CDI to pay out the pools as expected rather than some freak calamity being manufactured to keep it safely in house again.

AlBundy33
06-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Or if they move the races that are on the turf to the main track after the pick 6 starts. ;)

Pensacola Pete
06-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Louisville Kentucky, July 2, 2016 (AP): Firefighters were called to Churchill Downs Saturday evening to extinguish a fire in the grandstands. Authorities said that angry patrons set fire to the structure shortly after it was announced that the last race would be canceled due to an electrical failure in the race track's lighting system

According to witnesses, a number of people then set fire to the structure. One was heard shouting "You have enough light now! Run the last race!"

Investigators later found that the electrical failure was due to a missing fuse.

The jackpot pick-six carryover pool of $3,534,174.25 was not paid out. Track management state that it will be available at the track's fall meeting.

Of course that's fictitious, but I wouldn't put that track lighting failure past management.

Fox
06-26-2016, 02:36 PM
:lol: Unless they cancel the last race and keep all the money to seed the next meet :cool:

Good one. :lol:

whodoyoulike
06-26-2016, 03:20 PM
... Of course that's fictitious, but I wouldn't put that track lighting failure past management.

Thanks.

I was actually trying to recall any articles and posts regarding last year's closing. Thanks for the "You have enough light now! Run the last race!" a completely believable response and I could imagine CDI doing something like this.

Robes
06-26-2016, 11:36 PM
Unless they cancel the last race and keep all the money to seed the next meet :cool:

I won't put anything past CDI,what they did w/ the Derby p6 carryover is out right robbery,they are criminals,if these thieves have just 1 oz of honesty they should donate all the money they made w/ the stolen p6 money to some charity. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: