PDA

View Full Version : At The Races Software

BETKING
07-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Has anyone tried "At The Races" software. I have had it for about 4 days and it is amazing!! This is one of the best handicapping tools around. Go to the PA home page and click on Reviews and read Dick Schmidt's review on the software. There is a 30 day free trail and I recomend that you give it a try. Please give me your feedback after you have tried it.

Thanks,

BETKING

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Last I heard it had problems because the online tote board it used to use (racingchannel.com) went to "subscribers only" access. Is At The Races using a new online toteboard, such as brisbet?

BETKING
07-07-2004, 02:39 PM
They have two more tote boards now. Brisnet (Supertote) and Pinnacle's tote board. You can bet with Pinnacle within the software itself. If you like to play toteboard action, it dosen't get any better than this.

Diamond K
07-08-2004, 03:56 AM
I somehow can't locate the Review.

Do you have a link to it or can you direct me.
I guess my search ability is like my handicapping.
I need help

charleslanger
07-08-2004, 04:38 AM
Diamond K: I somehow can't locate the Review.
try this:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/attheracesreview.htm

Dick Schmidt
07-08-2004, 05:13 AM
Charles,

Don't worry about it, by now the review is quite dated.

Dick

charleslanger
07-08-2004, 06:15 AM
Dick:

Thanx, I shoulda realized it--

Time for a new one:rolleyes:

Actually, a little blurb on your Wall St. adventure would be real nice-- what software you're using, data provider, etc.-- for those on the fast track to emulating you...

andicap
07-08-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm demo-ing it, but I am having trouble hooking up ATR to the HTR live odds as well as the auto-scratch in HTR.
Gary, the head guy hasn't been overwhelmingly helpful, emailing me that it works for him and it's all in the HTR and ATR manuals.

It' kind of frustrating, but others have not had a problem so I must be doing something really stupid or there's a problem with my set up.

And I can't get the place and show pools to work either.

It is a good product. I just wish it would work better on my PC

BETKING
07-08-2004, 12:38 PM
When Phonebet went subscription only it hurt the ATR in certain ways. If you don't have an account with Phonebet and no Texan can, the only Track List to use is the "S" track list. With the "S" list the Place and Show pools will not function, but all of the rest of the program works fine. The "P" track list does not function well enouh to be used at all. The remainder of the program is well worth the price of subscription.

I was just notified that Pinnacle has just turned me on so that I can bet with them while using ATRpro. This is a great feature and makes betting so convenient and easy to place bets. All in all I am very pleased with the overall performence of the software.

BETKING

David McKenzie
07-08-2004, 04:22 PM
ATR gets two thumbs up!

andicap
07-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Hurrah! I just got myAt the Races pro software to integrate with HTR. As usual it was a silly little mistake on my part dealing with misidentifying a subdirectory.

So I can now give this product my unqualifying endorsement. Best $25 you will ever spend on a racing product.

:) :)

Figman
07-09-2004, 05:59 PM
andi
I can't agree with you on Pizzaman (Gary).
I found him to be very friendly, knowledgable, helpful and dedicated to his software. I've been a user since At The Races came on the market a couple of years back.

nomadpat
07-09-2004, 07:11 PM
What toteboards does ATR have the ability link up to?

Figman
07-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Numerous! I am not a Philly Park guy so I don't know about that tote. But on the Pinnacle list there are 30 different tracks and on the "S" list there are 36 tracks today-Friday 7-9. As I remember the Racing Channel list when it was free, there were at least 30 tracks a day. No Crooked River Roundup however!