PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft what say you????

ebcorde
06-23-2016, 06:13 PM
I'm a dormant Sixer fan expecting another disaster. Much rather have Jerry West or Phil Jackson run Philly. Love the Rose trade.

ebcorde
06-23-2016, 06:17 PM
he's going after Durant. oh man Carmelo, Porzinghis, Durant, Rose.

Valuist
06-23-2016, 06:47 PM
I'm a dormant Sixer fan expecting another disaster. Much rather have Jerry West or Phil Jackson run Philly. Love the Rose trade.

Love the Rose trade?

I assume you mean for the Bulls side. I'm shocked anybody took him.

Why would Durant want to play with me first guys like Melo and D-Rose?

barahona44
06-23-2016, 06:54 PM
he's going after Durant. oh man Carmelo, Porzinghis, Durant, Rose.
Four men.
One ball
Zero balance.

To make that work, Carmelo has to go.He's a natural born ball hog (albeit a talented one) and that way, Durant can be The Man. I think Durant goes somewhere else but not a big city.He seems comfortable being a big fish in a small pond.

barahona44
06-23-2016, 07:01 PM
They want Kris Dunn in the worst way and that is apparently the way they are going to get him.Suposedly, they were asking too much from Boston for the 3rd pick.Philly wanted Avery Bradley AND the 16th overall in addition to the third pick for Jabari Okafor.It looks like the Celtics will take Dunn and put him up for auction.Philly knows Simmons makes Obama for less necesarry and the Celtics know it too.

lansdale
06-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Surprised to see OKC pull the trigger so quickly but looks like they might have done well here if Sabonis pans out -- also included V. Oladipo and Ilyasova. Sabonis is the son of the Portland star and looks like he could be a solid player in the league. Neither he nor I-man have any shot-blocking, although the latter can shoot the three. Looks like Waiters' days are numbered in OKC - a break for them. Looks also like Sabonis is going to have to be playing a lot of minutes immediately - will be interesting to see how this works.

As Valuist said, horrible Knick deal for Rose makes one contemplate whether somebody's messing with Jackson's herb supply. He's one of the worst players in the league. Possibly waived by the All-Star game.

ebcorde
06-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Surprised to see OKC pull the trigger so quickly but looks like they might have done well here if Sabonis pans out -- also included V. Oladipo and Ilyasova. Sabonis is the son of the Portland star and looks like he could be a solid player in the league. Neither he nor I-man have any shot-blocking, although the latter can shoot the three. Looks like Waiters' days are numbered in OKC - a break for them. Looks also like Sabonis is going to have to be playing a lot of minutes immediately - will be interesting to see how this works.

As Valuist said, horrible Knick deal for Rose makes one contemplate whether somebody's messing with Jackson's herb supply. He's one of the worst players in the league. Possibly waived by the All-Star game.

good move, Ibaka thinks he can shoot 3's against Curry see ya.

cj
06-23-2016, 10:33 PM

I would say the Thunder are very confident Durant is coming back and he has signed off on trading Ibaka. I think it is a good move for the team but I'll admit I'm sad. I have experienced a lot of great memories over the years watching Ibaka play and seeing him in the community. He is a good guy and he will be missed.

lansdale
06-24-2016, 01:37 AM
I would say the Thunder are very confident Durant is coming back and he has signed off on trading Ibaka. I think it is a good move for the team but I'll admit I'm sad. I have experienced a lot of great memories over the years watching Ibaka play and seeing him in the community. He is a good guy and he will be missed.

I'm sure many OKC fans will be sad to see Ibaka go, but it's said he was unhappy with his role there and wasn't going to re-sign, so it gave Presti even more incentive to move him. Regardless, he was a borderline HOF player until he blew out his achilles vs. Clips and has never been the same since -- the stats bear this out. And, as you say, a good guy.

I'm hearing that KD either had to have approved (as you believe) or at least like this deal, but I don't see the logic of either. If KD is involved with the poker game of where he's signing at the moment, why would he tip his hand? And if he has already made an unannounced decision to stay, why would he like this trade, which although in OKC's favor, still doesn't put them in win-now mode, which is what he really needs? Could it be that this loading up on frontcourt players is Presti protecting himself from KD's possible departure? Before this deal, I was almost sure that KD would stay -- now I'm not.

Many are pointing out that the pieces don't really seem to fit, although the overall talent is there. What I was expecting, and I think would have given them a better shot, was a 3&D veteran shooting guard. Oladipo is a decent player, but he's not that. Sabonis won't be a factor for a couple of years. After this deal, they're even more overloaded with offense -- they need some D. Still early though -- Presti probably has a few more irons in the fire, pending KD's decision.

mostpost
06-24-2016, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking Paul Zipser, four to seven time MVP for the Bulls. :rolleyes: :bang:
Those guys are idiots.

Robert Fischer
06-24-2016, 06:04 PM
NBA teams should consider the warriors strategy.
A power forward that can defend guards to prevent mismatches, and 3 point shooting guards.

The 76ers seem to be throwing random bigmen against the wall and seeing who will stick.

barahona44
06-24-2016, 07:02 PM
A power forward that can defend guards to prevent mismatches, and 3 point shooting guards.

The 76ers seem to be throwing random bigmen against the wall and seeing who will stick.
Warriors strength is they have TWO elite 3 pointers.You have to find players who fit that system; otherwise it's square peg time.

Valuist
06-24-2016, 08:05 PM

Not a lot of Draymond Green's hanging around.

anotherCAfan
06-24-2016, 10:46 PM
The two USC players who declared for the draft, were not drafted. They should have stayed in school!

Robert Fischer
06-24-2016, 11:03 PM
I agree with you guys, but you have to have the 'vision' to build such a system.

Most of these coaches don't excel in that type of style.

You can't just grab a raw 7 footer project year after year. You've got to kind of understand where you want your system to be, and what ceilings you are looking at in terms of positional contribution, and how to be efficient and versatile with your roster.

Sometimes it means trading away a top pick for more picks or a player you feel is undervalued in the market based on his potential in your system vs. his current accepted value.

cj
06-25-2016, 12:08 AM
The two USC players who declared for the draft, were not drafted. They should have stayed in school!

A lot of guys that do that are never going to make it in school anyway, that is why there are in the draft.

Tee
06-25-2016, 02:19 AM

I have not read anywhere that they hired agents, so they are eligible to return to SoCal.

Robert Fischer
06-25-2016, 11:38 AM
Ben Simmons = while not deserving comparisons to either player yet, Simmons has elements of Lebron and Blake Griffin in his game.

Thon Maker = #10 Bucks = has some elements of Kevin Garnett and Kevin Durant in his game. The Bucks have quietly built a talented team.

Robert Fischer
06-25-2016, 03:54 PM
Buddy Hield #6 to New Orleans is interesting.

Kind of a downer going to the Pelicans, until you remember that they have Anthony unibrow Davis. They still need to add more pieces. Hield could be a legit all star if he were used in a Klay Thompson like scheme.

cj
06-25-2016, 04:12 PM
I have not read anywhere that they hired agents, so they are eligible to return to SoCal.

Pretty sure if you make yourself eligible and remain that way you lose college eligibility even if undrafted.

Tee
06-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Pretty sure if you make yourself eligible and remain that way you lose college eligibility even if undrafted.

Yep, that is correct.

Under the new rule this year players would have to withdraw from the draft 10 days after the end of the combine & not hire an agent to maintain eligibility.

Jacobs & Jovanovic weren't invited to the NBA combine, surprised the stayed in the draft.

As you mentioned before, probably not great students.

anotherCAfan
06-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Oh wow, I forgot about the rule change with staying in the draft -- Jovanovic can maybe ply his trade in Europe, not sure about Jacobs though.

Robert Fischer
06-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Buddy Hield #6 to New Orleans ... Anthony unibrow Davis. ... Klay Thompson like scheme.

Klay Thompson?
Hield is just an epic beard away from James Harden status 200 FT 88% carried OK to the Final Four.

cj
06-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Klay Thompson?
Hield is just an epic beard away from James Harden status 200 FT 88% carried OK to the Final Four.

Buddy Hield was a great college player, but he is no James Harden at this point. He isn't nearly as good with the ball as he is off the ball.

Valuist
06-29-2016, 12:04 PM
A lot of guys that do that are never going to make it in school anyway, that is why there are in the draft.

They maybe failures in the classroom, but they likely will get more coaching and could improve their game staying at the college level another year or two. Better be game ready when one gets to the NBA.

cj
06-29-2016, 12:20 PM
They maybe failures in the classroom, but they likely will get more coaching and could improve their game staying at the college level another year or two. Better be game ready when one gets to the NBA.

But you don't get any of that if you are ineligible academically. That is the case with a lot of these draft guys that don't seem to make sense.

Robert Fischer
06-29-2016, 12:37 PM
some of these guys go pro, because they don't have the discipline to follow the minimal requirements of their student athlete situation.

Some schools are notorious for recruiting and failing to support kids who are high risk, and fall through the cracks

some kids are just not capable