PDA

View Full Version : Addition by subtraction

Valuist
06-23-2016, 06:01 PM
Melo and D-Rose. One basketball. How can that work? And they are going to try and bring in Durant?

Steve 'StatMan'
06-23-2016, 11:23 PM
How much longer until D-Rose's next serous injury? Sad, but realistic.

cj
06-23-2016, 11:49 PM
Melo and D-Rose. One basketball. How can that work? And they are going to try and bring in Durant?

I imagine every team will call Durant. The Knicks have no shot.

mikesal57
06-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Knicks aren't done yet...

At least I hope so :rolleyes:

Mike

Valuist
06-24-2016, 12:41 PM
I imagine every team will call Durant. The Knicks have no shot.

Gotta believe he stays with OKC. I heard one scenario how GS could get him, but I think they are forgetting Curry's contract is up a year from now. I suppose the Lakers have the money to make a push for KD.

Jess Hawsen Arown
06-24-2016, 12:55 PM
I am 100% behind the move to get Rose. All of the concerns against the move are real, but the team was going no where before and it is simply a great gamble. He has shown great ability in the past and he is a somewhat of a carrot for other free agents.

I don't know what makes Durant tick. Logic says that he will go elsewhere if he wants to win a title, but playing in New York is a great incentive for many athletes.

Valuist
06-24-2016, 02:24 PM
I am 100% behind the move to get Rose. All of the concerns against the move are real, but the team was going no where before and it is simply a great gamble. He has shown great ability in the past and he is a somewhat of a carrot for other free agents.

I don't know what makes Durant tick. Logic says that he will go elsewhere if he wants to win a title, but playing in New York is a great incentive for many athletes.

D-Rose WAS a great player. His lateral speed was the best in the NBA. Then the leg injuries hit. Great players sometimes have to re-invent themselves. He hasn't done that. He's in denial; thinking he's still the same player he was in 2010 or 2011. His efficiency rating for point guards was one of the worst in the NBA.

In October, when I go to Reno, I will likely be betting the two Bulls deriviative bets: Minnesota Over, Knicks Under. I will have to see what the numbers are, but unless they are outlandish, those will be the bets.