PDA

View Full Version : GOOSE NO FRUIT

lamboguy
06-21-2016, 08:04 PM
just ran the 3rd race at the Mountain. was claimed for $10,000 and ran right back for $5000 non winners.

2 things, the horse was ridden by a kamikaze pilot instead of leading rider Deshawn Parker. the horse under normal circumstances should have been 1-9, he went off 3/5 and wasn't claimed. horse racing 101 is always to take advantage of the conditions available to you. that is precisely what the trainer did in this instance. good job fooling everyone in this case. i am sure next week the horse will be right back in for the dime.

dlivery
06-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Question:

The one thing I have over looked would be the conditions of the race
Before jumping into the fire and handicapping a race.

One of the last things I have never learned to do properly.
Only learning from reading about the race I have ridden my Hat many times.

Keep on doing the same Thing all the time.

Read Read Read those conditions:Handicapping 101

What the Hell Is He Talking About :lol :bang:

EMD4ME
06-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Couple of years back Emerald had a race for horses which have not won a race in 4 months and 12 days.

Horse was entered who won 4 months and 13 days ago. 20/1, wire to wire in short field.

Not saying that was the sole reason or that the race was written for him BUT it sure does make you pause before chucking a horse.

dlivery
06-21-2016, 10:44 PM
Would the second line get a plus sign to the winner at Emerald
I have no chart to pick from but I suspect second's.

Bang gets the result :cool:

EMD4ME
06-22-2016, 01:41 AM
Would the second line get a plus sign to the winner at Emerald
I have no chart to pick from but I suspect second's.

Bang gets the result :cool:

No offense, I tried to understand this and read it 4x but I have no clue what you mean.

Can you explain please? It's not you, it's probably me :)

Donttellmeshowme
06-22-2016, 02:56 AM
just ran the 3rd race at the Mountain. was claimed for $10,000 and ran right back for $5000 non winners.

2 things, the horse was ridden by a kamikaze pilot instead of leading rider Deshawn Parker. the horse under normal circumstances should have been 1-9, he went off 3/5 and wasn't claimed. horse racing 101 is always to take advantage of the conditions available to you. that is precisely what the trainer did in this instance. good job fooling everyone in this case. i am sure next week the horse will be right back in for the dime.

I don't think the trainer was trying to fool anyone. Claimed for 10k and dropped in for 5k without Cloustons main rider tells me all I need to know about the horse. And Cox doesn't claim the horse back and gets a discount should he claim tells me the horse is bad with a capital B.