PDA

View Full Version : ink

ridersup
01-30-2002, 11:47 AM
If you are like me one of the biggest expenses you have in connection with racing is feeding the old ink well. My cartridge costs $28 to $30 and lasts less than a month.

A friend of mine went to a computer show and Ink Usa had a booth there. Their specialty is refilling cartridges. When he told me where they were located I was shocked and happy to learn they were located less than 1/2 mile from me in an upscale residential district. I called the outlet and they indicated they would exchange an old cartridge for a refilled one for $14.99.
So far I have printed over 10 Ultimate PP's and only about 1/4 of the ink is gone. I wanted to try it out before I reccomended it but so far everything is a. ok.

The company's address is PO Box 3488 Holiday, Fl 34690. Phone is (727) 939-0073. FAX (727) 938-9059 Toll free 1-800-774-1667 access code 01. Looks like they have a web site but I haven't visited it yet. http:www.InkUSA@aol.com.

They put out a catalog telling which types of cartridges they can fill. If anyone is interested I picked up 3 catalogs and would be glad to mail them out.

My e-mail is sewist@hotmail.com

BillW
01-30-2002, 12:05 PM
An even more economical alternative is filling them yourself. There are companies that sell bottled ink. Refills can come in at under $6.00 per refill.
Of course there are risks, although I would imagine less than the Mfgrs. let on as they are protecting the most lucrative part of their business. You know, give away the razors and sell the blades.;)

Bill W.

ridersup
01-30-2002, 05:31 PM
Bill W

Still have inkstains on my patio after trying to refill one of the used cartridges myself. Called the company that sold the product(refill) and they told me the pressure had to be just right for the ink to stay in the cartridge. Mine just dripped out.

BillW
01-30-2002, 06:26 PM
Oops, guess that would be one of the risks ... haven't experienced that problem here yet.

:eek:

Bill

anotherdave
01-30-2002, 07:06 PM
I just finished my 8th refill of a black cartridge (about 3 years worth- those racing forms use a lot of ink.) I probably spent $35 for the ink. But last month when I went to refill it one more time the cartridge was toast - wouldn't refill. Now what to do?

a. I can spend $50 on a new b&w cartridge or

or

b.$50 (after rebate) on a new printer with twice the quality and a new colour and a new b&W cartridge included?

Now I will just refill for the next 3 years.

Tom
01-30-2002, 07:20 PM
I always use the draft setting for printing out past performances - saves ink, prints quicker, and is totally readable.

Tom