PDA

View Full Version : Cuomo Crime Family Steals another year

Tom
06-17-2016, 11:04 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/212588/nyra-to-remain-under-state-control?source=rss

A final deal was reached June 17 to keep the New York Racing Association under the control of Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state for an additional year.

I thought the Gambino Family was gone?
Another senseless decision by a senseless NY government.
A body of thieves, many under indictment, trying to run a business they know zero about ( and it shows).

Imagine how good NYRA would be if it were unshackled from the chains of incompetence and corruption.

Hang in there NYRA, what are the odds this little piss pot can last another year without getting indicted and sent away?

EMD4ME
06-18-2016, 02:18 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/212588/nyra-to-remain-under-state-control?source=rss

I thought the Gambino Family was gone?
Another senseless decision by a senseless NY government.
A body of thieves, many under indictment, trying to run a business they know zero about ( and it shows).

Imagine how good NYRA would be if it were unshackled from the chains of incompetence and corruption.

Hang in there NYRA, what are the odds this little piss pot can last another year without getting indicted and sent away?

Slimebag, I detest him. He even looks like a devil.

JustRalph
06-18-2016, 02:25 AM
The saddest part of the deal? He's in charge of everything else in the state!

ronsmac
06-18-2016, 11:14 AM
If the state relinquishing control means the end of 35 minutes between races and 6 hour cards at Saratoga, I'm all for it. Otherwise this means nothing to me. Two friends who bet nyra exclusively haven't even noticed the difference these last 5 years.

NY BRED
06-18-2016, 11:42 AM
If the state relinquishing control means the end of 35 minutes between races and 6 hour cards at Saratoga, I'm all for it. Otherwise this means nothing to me. Two friends who bet nyra exclusively haven't even noticed the difference these last 5 years.

i've mentioned this problem before, one of the biggest problem is
worker's compensation both for the jockeys and exerciise riders.
There are restrictions on how the coverage must be placed
(guaranteed cost) and to date the State Fund is the controlling
carrier with inefficient claims handling, under the control of
guess who.

MC is not a fan of racing, shoul be based upon the industry
and vendors domiciled in NY.

Hambletonian
06-18-2016, 05:34 PM

This is a joke, right? I have no love for Cuomo, but the NYRA by and large deserves very little sympathy.

Tom
06-18-2016, 05:59 PM
NYRA is not exactly my cup of tea, but you have to admit, nationwide, they stand alone. No one comes close.

And this in spite of being shackled by political hacks and short order cooks who bring nothing to the table.

The only problems I see there are simple ones to fix:

1. Leave the temp rail placement alone - they have worked for decades
2. Figure out how to time races.
3. Move the camera so that you show the RACE horses in the post parade, not the friggin ponies.
4. Stop putting your stakes features in the third or fourth race slot
5. Get rid of the grabber jocks - find a way :mad:

Nothing there is hard to fix nor a show stopper.

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2016, 12:06 PM
This is a joke, right? I have no love for Cuomo, but the NYRA by and large deserves very little sympathy.Usually, nothing ever good comes out of having to run under the total control of state government.

You seem to have a differing opinion. Thus, I ask you Hambletonian. What good has come from NYRA being under total state control these past many years?

classhandicapper
06-20-2016, 12:21 PM
NYRA is not exactly my cup of tea, but you have to admit, nationwide, they stand alone. No one comes close.

And this in spite of being shackled by political hacks and short order cooks who bring nothing to the table.

The only problems I see there are simple ones to fix:

1. Leave the temp rail placement alone - they have worked for decades
2. Figure out how to time races.
3. Move the camera so that you show the RACE horses in the post parade, not the friggin ponies.
4. Stop putting your stakes features in the third or fourth race slot
5. Get rid of the grabber jocks - find a way :mad:

Nothing there is hard to fix nor a show stopper.

I don't know who is in charge of the food vendors, but can I get a $5 bowl of clam chowder thrown in on that list?

Hambletonian
06-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Usually, nothing ever good comes out of having to run under the total control of state government.

You seem to have a differing opinion. Thus, I ask you Hambletonian. What good has come from NYRA being under total state control these past many years?

My point is not that state control has been beneficial, nor that Cuomo is not an arrogant f&ck, just that NY racing has more or less been on the same trajectory since i was 6 years old.

Once run by the bluest of bluebloods, many different folks have been at the helm since and little has changed. The racing has been same forever. I just think that pretending that if there were no state control NY racing would be something different and better is just unsupported by the facts.

I am a NYer and have been a fan of NY racing forever, but any issues the NYRA has have largely been of its own doing.