PDA

View Full Version : California now the 6th biggest economy in the world

horses4courses
06-15-2016, 08:22 PM
The only countries with higher GDP output than California now are the US as a whole, China, Japan, Germany, and the UK.

http://www.businessinsider.com/california-gdp-crushes-everyone-2016-6

ebcorde
06-15-2016, 09:41 PM

British Petroleum moved almost all their gas stations to California for that reason. Take over CA let everyone else have the other 49 States.

mostpost
06-15-2016, 09:43 PM
How can this be? Did you not hear about how businesses are leaving California at the rate of like 3 billion a day? Now we learn that not only is that not true, but the California economy is growing faster than every state except Oregon.

I Know. The Bureau of Economic Analysis is lying to us. :rolleyes:

horses4courses
06-15-2016, 09:58 PM
How can this be? Did you not hear about how businesses are leaving California at the rate of like 3 billion a day? Now we learn that not only is that not true, but the California economy is growing faster than every state except Oregon.

I Know. The Bureau of Economic Analysis is lying to us. :rolleyes:

Amazing, isn't it?
We all knew for years we were around #8.
Just continue to keep growing, even though Fox News and JR
never cease to remind us how many companies Texas takes away from us.

When the $15 minimum wage kicks in, we will be in the top 3 in no time. :lol:

Clocker
06-15-2016, 09:59 PM
The only countries with higher GDP output than California now are the US as a whole, China, Japan, Germany, and the UK.

And the only countries with more oppressive regulation than California are North Korea, Cuba, Iran, and most Muslim states in the Middle East.

horses4courses
06-15-2016, 10:00 PM
And the only countries with more oppressive regulation than California are North Korea, Cuba, Iran, and most Muslim states in the Middle East.

Yeah....life's a real beach out here :lol:

Valuist
06-15-2016, 10:01 PM
British Petroleum moved almost all their gas stations to California for that reason. Take over CA let everyone else have the other 49 States.

That's odd. I hardly ever see BP out here. Plenty of them in Chicago area. I see a lot more Valeros and Shells out here.

Clocker
06-15-2016, 10:08 PM
Yeah....life's a real beach out here :lol:

Yeah, a great place to live if you aren't in the top tax brackets propping it up. :p

horses4courses
06-15-2016, 10:14 PM
Yeah, a great place to live if you aren't in the top tax brackets propping it up. :p

You know what?
I believe those people are doing just fine.

They also aren't fleeing California in droves,
as much as you would like to believe.
The majority of the time they spend away
from here is to find warmer climes in winter.

MikeH
06-15-2016, 10:21 PM
The article doesn't tell the entire story. Several years ago, California's economy WAS larger than France... it dropped back down. This simply puts it back to where it was.

horses4courses
06-15-2016, 10:24 PM
The article doesn't tell the entire story. Several years ago, California's economy WAS larger than France... it dropped back down. This simply puts it back to where it was.

Haters gonna hate.....

Somewhat notably, while France's population comes in around 66.48 million, California's is only about 39.14 million - which means that the US state produces slightly more than France with about 40% fewer people.

JustRalph
06-15-2016, 11:04 PM
Congrats to Ca

zico20
06-15-2016, 11:14 PM
Haters gonna hate.....

Taking credit for being better than France is not saying much.

shots
06-16-2016, 12:11 AM
U.S. +
World's largest economies

By @dubly and @talyellin / CNNMoney
20082009201020112012201320142015*2016*2017*2018*20 19*2020*
GDP in trillions of U.S. dollars.

U.S.$19.0

CHINA$12.0

JAPAN$4.3

GERMANY$3.5

U.K.$3.0

FRANCE$2.5

INDIA$2.5

BRAZIL$1.9

ITALY$1.9

CANADA$1.7
Notes/Methodology

*Estimated; Data: IMF, World Economic Outlook; Updated Feb. 11, 2016
New global economy

Tom
06-16-2016, 08:23 AM
California should be taxed accordingly - they are the wealthiest stat, the 1% among states, - we need to triple their tax rates.
Re-distribute the wealth.

classhandicapper
06-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Talk to me about CA and its debt obligations during the next recession. There's a very good saying.

"You don't find out who is swimming naked until the tide goes out".

JustRalph
06-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Jock tax in Ca

The little guys get killed. GS needs to win

http://www.atr.org/jock-tax-hangs-over-nba-finals

Inner Dirt
06-16-2016, 04:58 PM
You know what?
I believe those people are doing just fine.

They also aren't fleeing California in droves,
as much as you would like to believe.
The majority of the time they spend away
from here is to find warmer climes in winter.

People are fleeing California in droves, that is where I came from and of all my long term California friends I believe a grand total of two will retire there. The economy and population is propped up by people that have been flooding over the southern border for decades and decades.

Did you just imply people flee CALIFORNIA for warmer weather in the winter? WTF Unless you live in the high elevations you can wear T-shirts and jeans 10 months out of the year.

Tom
06-17-2016, 07:53 AM
We need a wall around California.

Rookies
06-17-2016, 08:04 AM

We need a wall around Canada-day- glo! :lol:

Well, at least fence in one resident. :lol: :jump: ;)

MikeH
06-17-2016, 10:36 AM

Actually, once you get inland and about 50 miles east of the Pacific, there's mostly normal people. A "Big Quake" that took the beaches north of Orange County, to just north of San Francisco (and that needs to encompass Sacramento also) into the Pacific, would solve the problem.

And that means that I need to move about 20 miles further east. I'm right next to a large gay area that has huge condom ads on full-size billboards.

I'm a 3rd generation Southern Californian. This area is horribly different than when I grew up here.

Tom
06-17-2016, 10:38 AM
You better move quick.
Allah hates gays.:rolleyes:

Inner Dirt
06-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Actually, once you get inland and about 50 miles east of the Pacific, there's mostly normal people. A "Big Quake" that took the beaches north of Orange County, to just north of San Francisco (and that needs to encompass Sacramento also) into the Pacific, would solve the problem.

And that means that I need to move about 20 miles further east. I'm right next to a large gay area that has huge condom ads on full-size billboards.

I'm a 3rd generation Southern Californian. This area is horribly different than when I grew up here.

Large gay area in Southern California? Before I escaped from there 5 years ago the possibilities would be Palm Springs, Laguna Beach, or West Hollywood or is there one I am unaware of.

classhandicapper
06-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Greener Pastures than CA

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_30037774/greener-pastures-beckon-some-beleaguered-residents

MikeH
06-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Greener Pastures than CA

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_30037774/greener-pastures-beckon-some-beleaguered-residents

Although the factors mentioned in this article contribute, the biggest reason my friends and clients have left is the horrible death of moral values that has occurred here over the past 20 years. If you don't subscribe to the Hollywood lifestyle, you're wrong.

classhandicapper
06-23-2016, 01:07 PM
Although the factors mentioned in this article contribute, the biggest reason my friends and clients have left is the horrible death of moral values that has occurred here over the past 20 years. If you don't subscribe to the Hollywood lifestyle, you're wrong.

You mean you and your friends don't want to join a Satanic cult? ;)