PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a tablet

chrisl
06-15-2016, 07:04 PM
I am looking to buy a tablet that I can run handicapping software on. I do not even have a clue what to get. Or if it will work. I need something more portable, patio, track etc. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

hyipro
06-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Samsung XE7001A-A06US Slate 7 Tablet PC with Port Replicator - Intel Core i5 1.6GHz 4GB 128GB Windows 7 Pro (Certified Refurbished)

I Just bought one and all my old software installed great, tough to find, price not to bad paid $275 with shipping........

JustRalph
06-15-2016, 11:59 PM
I am looking to buy a tablet that I can run handicapping software on. I do not even have a clue what to get. Or if it will work. I need something more portable, patio, track etc. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Go to the website of the software you want to run......ask there.

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Samsung XE7001A-A06US Slate 7 Tablet PC with Port Replicator - Intel Core i5 1.6GHz 4GB 128GB Windows 7 Pro (Certified Refurbished)

I Just bought one and all my old software installed great, tough to find, price not to bad paid $275 with shipping........I bought one of those when they first came out years ago...I think I paid $1500 for it...I'm such a sicko when it comes to new gadgets... :lol:

Anyway, the sucker is big and kind of heavy for a tablet, especially these days when things are much thinner while being more powerful with better battery life.

And the battery life on the Samsung Slate kind of sucked...maybe 4 hours if you were lucky...